Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Anyone figure out a way for them to force the connection?

I'll try calling AA today to see if I can get any answers since I wanted to book a trip in about 2 weeks.
Quote: I had a CitiBusiness 50K card close 2/28. 50k Bonus, plus spend points, posted on my Citi statement but nothing posted on my AA Account for this month or January. Called Citi CS and was told AA has some problem and has not verified ANY AAdvantage numbers for new accounts created after Nov 2013, therefore the miles are "backed up" in the Citi system and cannot post until AA verifies them. However she assured me they are aware of the problem, it is a systemic problem with new accounts, and my miles are all safely being held by Citi until AA verifies the AAdvantage number and I should just wait for now because they are working on getting AA to fix it.

That's what I was told by a nice, seemingly highly competent Citi CS phone rep. Anyone else have any miles post to AA for a CitiBusiness (or just Citi personal) account that was created AFTER Nov 2013?
I think the rep is correct except for one thing: it is only the citi business card for which miles haven't posted.

Data points:

-My wife applied for a citi business in early November. Miles posted on time.
-I applied for a citi business in late November. Miles still haven't posted.

-My wife and I both applied for citi platinum Jan 20 and 21. Miles posted on time.

-I applied for citi executive on 2/8. Miles posted on time.
-My wife applied for citi executive on 2/20, and the first statement hasn't closed yet.

We received all of our miles (actual spend and sign up bonuses) on time except I'm still waiting for my business miles. I called AA about 3-4 weeks ago to report the problem, and the CSR said she would "open a case" and make a notation in my account. I'm still waiting just like everyone else.

I'm tempted to call back, but I'm afraid AA would see the 50K bonus from my platinum app and my 100K bonus from my exec app and either get confused (thinking I've already received my citi business miles) or just scrutinize my AAdvantage account in a way that isn't helpful
Still waiting for my Dec/Jan/Feb miles(including sign on bonus) on my biz card to post. Have done multiple conf calls with citi and AA so far nothing.
Quote: Foolishly I did not take a screenshot of the spend offer when I applied. Does anyone have a screenshot for this card offer from Nov 2013?
I have emailed you a screenshot.
Quote: Anyone figure out a way for them to force the connection?

I'll try calling AA today to see if I can get any answers since I wanted to book a trip in about 2 weeks.
What happened when you called? A few people have said AA will let you go negative in your Aadvantage account if you need to book a flight.
Quote: I see, gotcha. Sorry about the confusion. Guess I'll just try to apply for a 2nd one before the promotion ends...$20k is a lot though, even with MS. Finding VRs in NYC is near impossible.
Are you using Amazon Payments? If not, and you have someone you trust to give you the money back, you can meet $4K of the $10K by making a $1k Amazon Payments transfer per month.

And Amazon means calendar month, not 30 days. So assuming you get your AA card somewhere in the middle of the month, you can use AP 4 times within the first 3 cc statements. So $4K in charges.

Just to be sure you understand, you can send $1K a month to anyone that sets up an Amazon Payments account. And charge it to any cc you wish with no fee. Make sure you click "Goods and Services", NOT "cash advance".

But do not have them send the money back to you thru AP, that violates Amazons T/C. They need to give you the money back in cash, check, etc.

A to B, and B to C, is fine. A to B then back to A, will get you shut down.

For the rest, I'm not in NY, so I don't know. Do you have a Walmart nearby?
Can you find a place to buy Visa Gift Cards with a cc ? Perhaps OneVanilla?

IF so, you can take the GCs to Walmart and either cash them in for money orders. Or easier still, use the Bill Pay system at Walmart to pay off the very cc you just charged the VGC on. Unlike VR and BB, there is no monthly limit on how much you can do this. Walmart limits you to 4 CGs per payment. But no limit to how many payments you make in a month.

The thread for that is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...y-walmart.html
Quote: This is a two part answer: one for general reference, and one for your exact situation:

For general reference to others reading the thread:
From experience: the rules still apply, even with a mailed offer. That mailed offer was almost certainly mailed out before your previous application, and the list of people for it to be sent to was probably put together weeks or months ago. So yes, you still have to follow the timing rules.

Alos, be sure to read the terms carefully - I almost screwed myself taking advantage of a mailed offer last year, because I assumed that the terms (re: churning) were the same as the ones I found on FT.

For your situation:
You were denied for a Citi card last week. The chances of you being approved for another one this week are very slim. The general advice is to let the 65 day timer reset from the date of that application, and then try again (this is per the wiki in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...e-posting.html).

Did they say why you were denied?
Thanks for your reply.

I was rejected for having too few accounts.

I applied today for the personal card mail offer I received (45k points for 2k spend) and was approved.
Quote: Wow, those fraud alerts on the 100k Exec card are really annoying.

Received the card last week, first small warm-up purchases went through, but two beans at CVS ($980 total) got denied. Called the number on the back of the card and the guy on the line said that such a purchase at a drugstore is highly unusual, especially on a new card (he most likely never read flyertalk). He refused to unblock the card, stating that I will need to fax them some documents. Meanwhile Citi "closed" all my three cards (that's what it says in the online accounts). My oldest card with Citi is fouryears old, never carry any balance! Had to fax in SSN, lease, utility bill, ID - will see what happens. Citi certainly sucks, never had any trouble with Chase, Amex etc. Not sure if 100K miles are worth those troubles.
It isn't just the Exec card.
I think it is just Citi

I had the same dumb "fraud" alert show up the 3rd time I used my new Citi Business card, The bottom line according to the CSR I spoke to was it was due to needing personal verification of the card holder, and not so much about the item(s) you attempted to buy.
This was a silly statement As Citi already had me on file for a previous Personal card which I had cancelled a few weeks earlier.
Also, I was told that my app should of not been instant approved and instead a letter would/should of been sent out asking for personal info ...
REALLY annoying to have to fax in SSN and ID to verify my identity...... after getting approved...... and using the card a few times already....... plus the fact that all my info was exactly the same as my personal citi card on file that they had......
On top of that trying to hit the spend requirement asap and having a big purchase coming up, but was forced to wait about a week after they got my fax until they activated my card again.
All, note that the mods have blessed a new separate thread discussing the missing biz-card miles situation:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...q1-2014-a.html
Quote: All, note that the mods have blessed a new separate thread discussing the missing biz-card miles situation:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...q1-2014-a.html
Thanks Beltway for alerting the community of this long overdue thread which should have been created since January.
After all the reading, I can do
Exec card --> 8 days later Exec card --> 65days later AA Platinum card --> 8 days later AA business card.

Did I get it right?
Quote: After all the reading, I can do
Exec card --> 8 days later Exec card --> 65days later AA Platinum card --> 8 days later AA business card.

Did I get it right?
First two might work. The chances of getting the platinum might be difficult after getting the exec. business should be ok. try it out and let us know !!
Quote: First two might work. The chances of getting the platinum might be difficult after getting the exec. business should be ok. try it out and let us know !!
Will this work
Exec card --> 8 days later AA Platinum card --> 65days later AA Business
Quote: Will this work
why don't you do 2 execs and the business? leave the plat out
Quote: Will this work
Plat card does not affect Exec card.

Exec card affects Plat card.

If you really want the Plat card - that should go FIRST.

However why dont you just leave the Plat card alone as knn9413a suggested, if all you want is to get the most miles as quickly as possible?