Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Quote: I've had success bumping a 40k Biz card to 50k. Send them a SM and give it a shot.
Thanks. I guess I need to get the card in hand and then register for a Citi account online and SM them?
Quote: Thanks. I guess I need to get the card in hand and then register for a Citi account online and SM them?
Yup
Not trying to get into a political or ideological argument here. Are we part of the US? Yes. Do I have a US passport? Again yes. Unfortunately, the are many instances for which we are considered US residents and many others for which we are not. That's the way it is for us.

I've never applied for a Citi CC before so I can only give you an example of my experience with AMEX so you can at least understand my concern. I've had my eye on the Blue Cash Preferred and the PRG for a long time. Both of these cards have the US gas stations, US supermakets, etc. categories. I've called AMEX three times with the same question I posted here (Is PR considered part of the US?) and I have received three different answers: US categories DON'T apply to PR, US categories DO apply to PR and the best one was that only merchants in military facilities are considered part of the US for these categories. Needless to say, I haven't applied for those cards.

I just don't want to waste a credit pull to later get the "Sorry, US means only the 50 states and DC" switcheroo.
Quote: Not trying to get into a political or ideological argument here. Are we part of the US? Yes. Do I have a US passport? Again yes. Unfortunately, the are many instances for which we are considered US residents and many others for which we are not. That's the way it is for us.

I've never applied for a Citi CC before so I can only give you an example of my experience with AMEX so you can at least understand my concern. I've had my eye on the Blue Cash Preferred and the PRG for a long time. Both of these cards have the US gas stations, US supermakets, etc. categories. I've called AMEX three times with the same question I posted here (Is PR considered part of the US?) and I have received three different answers: US categories DON'T apply to PR, US categories DO apply to PR and the best one was that only merchants in military facilities are considered part of the US for these categories. Needless to say, I haven't applied for those cards.

I just don't want to waste a credit pull to later get the "Sorry, US means only the 50 states and DC" switcheroo.
Yes, I know for a fact that PR will get this offer honored. And also the AMEX cards. Go for it.

Regarding the problems with Citi not reporting miles to AA, my third statement just closed and it finally reported the miles. A bonus of calling a complaining is that they gave me 1,000 miles for my troubles. Too bad I met the 50k requirements after the statement closed, had until the 28th. I guess I have to wait for the next statement close to see the bonus posted.
Data point:
Denied Business card for recently having the product. Last business application was in November 2012. Card was closed in August 2013.
Just got 50K shiny new AA miles. Thanks to everyone here for the great information!!

Account opened in January. Made spend requirements immediately, paid first statement. Miles posted this week.
Quote: Hi all,

I could not find any info regarding the subject so if it is somewhere please point me to it.

I want to apply for a Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Mastercard 50k offer after $3k spend that I saw in the forum. My wife would do the same after I meet the minimum spend. When reading the T&C's it says that it is only for US residents but, when I go to the application, Puerto Rico is in the list of states which means that I could fill the application with my PR address.

My questions is, if I apply with a PR address will this offer be honored? I like the Citi cards better than the ones offered locally by Banco Popular mainly because the Popular cards have such atrocious signup bonuses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can confirm that the offer will be honored for residents of Puerto Rico.
Hey guys, kind of new to the miles game but have been researching for a while and just wanted to confirm something.

Platinum Personal opened around mid Dec - Spend hit, miles posted

Executive opened ~65 days later and I am currently working on meeting that spend

Now my question is can I apply for my first business card as long as it is 8 days after I was approved for my executive card?
Quote: Hey guys, kind of new to the miles game but have been researching for a while and just wanted to confirm something.

Executive opened ~65 days later and I am currently working on meeting that spend

Now my question is can I apply for my first business card as long as it is 8 days after I was approved for my executive card?
Assuming no other cards issued by Citi, yep. Welcome to Flyertalk!
Quote: Hey guys, kind of new to the miles game but have been researching for a while and just wanted to confirm something.

yeah you're fine if you've exceeded 65 days since the 1st app
2nd statement on business card posted today, still 0 miles reported to AA..ugh!
Quote: 2nd statement on business card posted today, still 0 miles reported to AA..ugh!
I have 4 AA biz cards with bonus miles outstanding. (200k AA miles pending since Nov) I bit the bullet and called in. What I was told is that this is a known issue since November specifically on the business cards. There is a system-wide fix going in this month. All Citi AA biz card holders should wait until their next statement posts and hopefully it should be resolved.

sounds like the same story that others have been told .. has any AA Biz cardholder (since Nov 2013) received the bonus miles on AA accounts?
Quote: I have 4 AA biz cards with bonus miles outstanding. (200k AA miles pending since Nov) I bit the bullet and called in. What I was told is that this is a known issue since November specifically on the business cards. There is a system-wide fix going in this month. All Citi AA biz card holders should wait until their next statement posts and hopefully it should be resolved.

sounds like the same story that others have been told .. has any AA Biz cardholder (since Nov 2013) received the bonus miles on AA accounts?
Same here. No AA biz card miles since Dec 2013. Every month I was told to wait for the next statement.
Quote: I have 4 AA biz cards with bonus miles outstanding. (200k AA miles pending since Nov) I bit the bullet and called in. What I was told is that this is a known issue since November specifically on the business cards. There is a system-wide fix going in this month. All Citi AA biz card holders should wait until their next statement posts and hopefully it should be resolved.

None since November. 4th statement just ended.

Saving grace is that AA has said they have notated my account to go into debt by 50k miles if I need to book an award. Don't think they would throw out that offer unless they knew this was an issue and were working hard to correct it.
Can somebody please clarify this language from the Wiki.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Are these AA cards churnable?
Yes and No. The general rules are:

Business AA cards: have been churnable repeatedly without restriction other than the general Citi application rules. Apply once every 91-95 days. Some people have had problems if both the business account (16 digits) and the individual card accounts (16 digits each) are not closed first.Other people have been unable to churn these at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am confused by the 16 digits each language ...

Does this mean simply that you must close your current Business Card accounts (and personal ?) before applying for a new Business card ?