Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Quote: "Update: Yesterday my wife and I applied for the Gold card. My wife was instantly approved and I was approved over chat. So here is a breakdown of our timeline for your info."

I thought the Gold card link was dead. Is there another link that is available or did it die in the last 24 hrs?
I was referring to the Gold Visa with the 25k bonus. Link is at the top of the page.
So in the recent flurry, has anyone yet been successful in applying to both the Plat 50k Visa and the Plat 40k MC within a few days of each other (or even a second Plat 50k Visa)?

Getting ready for my wife's first AOR ever - she pretty much has a clean slate so hoping to maximize this opportunity - would love to pick up 90k-100k AA miles along with some Barclays US action...

Will also try tacking a 50k Visa onto my already existent Plat Amex (03/2013) and Gold MC (06/2011), with maybe a Plat MC or Gold Visa a couple days later.
Quote: Update: Yesterday my wife and I applied for the Gold card. My wife was instantly approved and I was approved over chat. So here is a breakdown of our timeline for your info.

Me
02/12 - Approved for Platinum (didn't know about the 2 browser trick at the time)
05/12 - Offered and approved for Amex
12/12 - canceled Amex
06/13 - approved for Platinum
06/13 - approved for gold next day

Wife
09/12 - Approved for Platinum
06/13 - Approved for 50 k Platinum
06/13 - Approved for gold next day
Good job locking in 75k with the "new" non-18-month-issue cards.

Still waiting to see if someone will attempt another 50k or 40k card after getting approved for the 50k.

We now know the 50+25 combo works, we don't know whether it's possible to get the 50+50 or 50+40 combo (where applying for the 40k MC might be better than trying another new Visa) if we've had a previous AA card in the last 18 months.
I got approved and confirmed the 50k offer for my wife yesterday, and I was going to attempt to get approved for myself today. This might be a dumb question, but do I have to use a different AAdvantage Account number, or can I use our existing account that is now associated with the first card approval? I'd much rather have all the miles credited to a single account.
Quote: I got approved and confirmed the 50k offer for my wife yesterday, and I was going to attempt to get approved for myself today. This might be a dumb question, but do I have to use a different AAdvantage Account number, or can I use our existing account that is now associated with the first card approval? I'd much rather have all the miles credited to a single account.
Each person with their own AAdvantage account. Credit cards belonging to the same person can use the same AAdvantage account.
Here's a 50k link I got in my email for the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World EliteTM MasterCardŽ*. http://link.aa.com/r/3SC89W/53MJO/0P...2H/72AP8N/2V/h

Offer page is here: http://bit.ly/10OEbqw
Quote: Here's a 50k link I got in my email for the Citi ExecutiveSM / AAdvantageŽ World EliteTM MasterCardŽ*. http://link.aa.com/r/3SC89W/53MJO/0P...2H/72AP8N/2V/h

Offer page is here: http://bit.ly/10OEbqw
Annual fee $450, not waived.
I just applied and got approved via the online chat feature. I used the 50k link above. Here's what Judy had to say:

Quote:
Judy: When you spend $3,000 within 3 months you get 50,000 miles.
Good deal!
Quote: Annual fee $450, not waived.
Very true, but it is what it is...
Quote: So in the recent flurry, has anyone yet been successful in applying to both the Plat 50k Visa and the Plat 40k MC within a few days of each other (or even a second Plat 50k Visa)?
I will be trying this in the coming days. Will report back. I'm thinking about giving it a week since, as I previously reported, 3.5 days was enough for them to auto-reject with no hard pull based on "duplicate" apps.
My wife and I are trying to build up AA miles for a redemption, and my account is short.

Is is possible for her to apply for an aadvantage card, but use my frequent flyer number on the application so my account gets the bonus? I've already used the two-browser trick, so I probably wouldn't get approved for any additional aadvantage cards.

Thanks!
Quote: I will be trying this in the coming days. Will report back. I'm thinking about giving it a week since, as I previously reported, 3.5 days was enough for them to auto-reject with no hard pull based on "duplicate" apps.
Awesome, thanks for being the guinea pig - looking forward to hearing your results!
Background:
-Applied last night, got approved for decent credit limit.
-Went through the options and got to a final summary page

Having never dealt with Citi, I have a question (worried):

Did I miss anything on the final summary page (like a confirmation)?

I ask because I've tried logging into my online account (that I setup in Step 4), and there is no record of me. Additionally, when I call to check application status with SSN and Phone, they have no record of me. Additionally, I have no email confirming my approval.

Did I screw up big time? I don't mind applying again tonight, but I don't want to take another hard inquiry if I don't have to.

Thanks
Quote: Background:
-Applied last night, got approved for decent credit limit.
-Went through the options and got to a final summary page

Having never dealt with Citi, I have a question (worried):

Did I miss anything on the final summary page (like a confirmation)?

I ask because I've tried logging into my online account (that I setup in Step 4), and there is no record of me. Additionally, when I call to check application status with SSN and Phone, they have no record of me. Additionally, I have no email confirming my approval.

Did I screw up big time? I don't mind applying again tonight, but I don't want to take another hard inquiry if I don't have to.

Thanks

After a phone call and some security information, it looks all good.

TIP: It seems that it takes a little while for their "consumer side" system to update with your information. The phone agent was able to pull my info up when the automated phone system had no record of me.
A couple quick questions as I delve deeper into the rabbit hole that is miles:

-Who should I call to confirm my initial offer (40000/3000/3, I believe)? Will they know exactly what I'm talking about when I ask.

-How long after purchases go on a statement do miles get added to your AAdvantage account?

Thanks everyone.
14  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  34  74  124