Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Quote: Has anyone had experience/issues with paying off Citi AA Biz with BB? Just regular Citi Credit Cards payee or what is the Citibank Credit Cards entry?
Just completed the payment today. Use Citibank Credit Card, and for the account number you just put in your Citi CC number. It took 3 days for the payment to post to my Citi account.

Easy Peasy.
Quote: Just completed the payment today. Use Citibank Credit Card, and for the account number you just put in your Citi CC number. It took 3 days for the payment to post to my Citi account.

Easy Peasy.
Any idea the differences between Citi and Citibank Credit Card? Is that for the differences between biz and personal? I've sent my personal Citi payments through Citi Credit Cards multiple times with no issues.
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am an authorized user on my parents' Citi AA mastercard from a couple of months ago (to help them meet spend). I see that it appears when I look at my reports on credit Karma. Does this mean that I can not apply for my own version of this card?
Quote: Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am an authorized user on my parents' Citi AA mastercard from a couple of months ago (to help them meet spend). I see that it appears when I look at my reports on credit Karma. Does this mean that I can not apply for my own version of this card?
No.
I applied for the Citi Business card for my husband. Well... there was a problem and I have to send in a SSA-89 form. Now all of this will delay getting his card (should he be accepted) by 4-6 weeks. Does anyone know if Citi adjusts the date of "application" so he will have closer to 3 months to meet is $3k spend and get the 50k miles??
Quote: I applied for the Citi Business card for my husband. Well... there was a problem and I have to send in a SSA-89 form. Now all of this will delay getting his card (should he be accepted) by 4-6 weeks. Does anyone know if Citi adjusts the date of "application" so he will have closer to 3 months to meet is $3k spend and get the 50k miles??
The 3 months to spend is from the date of approval, not the date of application. I had an aplication in early August that took a whole month due to 4506-T (IRS income verification) stuff, so the card wasn't approved until early September. I called after I got the card, and asked by what date I needed to meet the minimum spend, and they told me I had untl early December. So that's 3 months from the date of approval (it would have been 4 months if it had been counted from the date of application).

So delays in them processing the application don't affect the 3 months. What does affect it is the time it takes between when the card is approved and when you get it out of the mailbox and into your hands. (And, btw, Citi generally will not ship it expedited, so that is likely to take at least about a week out of your 3 months.)
Quote: The 3 months to spend is from the date of approval, not the date of application. I had an aplication in early August that took a whole month due to 4506-T (IRS income verification) stuff, so the card wasn't approved until early September. I called after I got the card, and asked by what date I needed to meet the minimum spend, and they told me I had untl early December. So that's 3 months from the date of approval (it would have been 4 months if it had been counted from the date of application).

So delays in them processing the application don't affect the 3 months. What does affect it is the time it takes between when the card is approved and when you get it out of the mailbox and into your hands. (And, btw, Citi generally will not ship it expedited, so that is likely to take at least about a week out of your 3 months.)
Thanks! That is certainly a relief! I always thought it was based on application date, good to know it is the approval date. Of course, in the past, application and approval have been the same dates for me.
Quote: Any idea the differences between Citi and Citibank Credit Card? Is that for the differences between biz and personal? I've sent my personal Citi payments through Citi Credit Cards multiple times with no issues.
I don't. I think when I was setting it up that I searched for "Citibank" and there was only one option that popped up. It let me add a nickname and an account number. Put in the credit card number for account and it was paid in 3 days. This was for AA Biz MC.
Should I Cancel?
Background
Among my many AOR this year, I applied for 5 Citi Cards:
Citi Premier - Feb 13 - APP
Citi AA Visa - April 13 - APP
Citi AA Visa - Aug 13 - APP
Citi AA Visa - Aug 13 - 10 days after pervious Application - APP
Citi AA MC Business - Nov 2013 - APP after Recon

On the latest application I had to call the reconsideration line. After the CRS said I was approved for a $1.2k limit, I asked if i could shift some credit around. They said, "your at the max amount of credit the bank will extend to you." and that there was a separate department if I wanted to apply for a credit line increase.

So....I want to apply for the Citi HH 10 days after the most recent application. My question is, should I cancel my first AA card to free up some credit in order to get approved for the Citi HH card?

Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks!
Quote: So....I want to apply for the Citi HH 10 days after the most recent application. My question is, should I cancel my first AA card to free up some credit in order to get approved for the Citi HH card?
No, it won't free your credit in time. It's likely to take 3 to 6 months after you cancel before the credit from that card is free'd up. (This is explained in the wiki, in item #4.)

On the other hand, if you don't cancel beforehand, you may be asked by Citi (during the new card's application process) to move some credit around onto your new card. They can do that only from a card that's still open.

So the proper order to do it in is to leave the old card open, apply for the new card, perhaps move credit from the old card to the new card during the new card application process phone call or online chat (if you're not approved automatically), and only then cancel the old card (after as much credit as possible has been moved off of it to the new card).
I just got approved for the biz card, after calling in and confirming my dob. however the credit line is only $1,000. Presumably I can achieve the minimum spend by paying off the balance every couple of weeks, then using the card again, rather than cutting everything too fine by spending exactly $1,000 every 30/31 day billing cycle.

My fico is mid 700's but I only make $28k per annum from my biz, plus $47k from other sources. I do have 8 credit cards with about 90k credit available, with very small balances. Presumably the low biz income of $28k was the reason I got such a low credit line.
Quote: I just got approved for the biz card, after calling in and confirming my dob. however the credit line is only $1,000. Presumably I can achieve the minimum spend by paying off the balance every couple of weeks, then using the card again, rather than cutting everything too fine by spending exactly $1,000 every 30/31 day billing cycle.

My fico is mid 700's but I only make $28k per annum from my biz, plus $47k from other sources. I do have 8 credit cards with about 90k credit available, with very small balances. Presumably the low biz income of $28k was the reason I got such a low credit line.
I think your ratio 90 / (28+47) > 1 is the real reason. They don't care about the source of your income.
Don't apply if you already have one. Just don't. I applied for the biz MC version. Called few times and they said no way no chance. I have the visa version for 18 months. They sounded angry once they found my App, said you already have citi aa cards and you can't get again. offering to close an existing or moving credit line didn't matter. Called few times again and at times the same agent would pick up and scolded me. They have changed the rules folks.
Quote: No, it won't free your credit in time. It's likely to take 3 to 6 months after you cancel before the credit from that card is free'd up. (This is explained in the wiki, in item #4.)

On the other hand, if you don't cancel beforehand, you may be asked by Citi (during the new card's application process) to move some credit around onto your new card. They can do that only from a card that's still open.

So the proper order to do it in is to leave the old card open, apply for the new card, perhaps move credit from the old card to the new card during the new card application process phone call or online chat (if you're not approved automatically), and only then cancel the old card (after as much credit as possible has been moved off of it to the new card).
I'm not sure this is still correct. I have/had numerous AA & HH Citi cards. Yesterday I applied for another HH card each for my wife and I. I knew last time we talked to Citi they gave the "you're maxed out for credit with us" and had to move it around for approval. So...this time I applied for my own without cancelling an existing card. I had to call in for approval - although I didn't have to transfer credit, they only gave me a CL of $3k. For Mrs. Ops5 I cancelled one of her AA cards with a CL of $16.5k. 24 hrs later applied for the HH and she was instantly approved with CL of...$16.5k. Coincidence?
Quote: Don't apply if you already have one. Just don't. I applied for the biz MC version. Called few times and they said no way no chance. I have the visa version for 18 months. They sounded angry once they found my App, said you already have citi aa cards and you can't get again. offering to close an existing or moving credit line didn't matter. Called few times again and at times the same agent would pick up and scolded me. They have changed the rules folks.
I guess I need to post this again: Citi CSRs are clueless. If your app is denied, they usually don't know why, so they speculate about why that might be, then present their speculation as absolute. Much if not most of the time the reason they give you for the denial is wrong. Their favorite explanation is that "you already have/had one". When the real reason is too many Citi apps in too short a time, or too many inquiries, or some issue with your credit rating.

We will know the rules have changed when everyone who has had the card is denied for a new one. That has yet to happen.