FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1475783-citi-aa-credit-cards-except-executive-2013-2014-a.html)

The_Wrath_of_Khan May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Does anyone care about the 50k link for the Citi AA Executive card?

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...B87ED9E29A2603

supergrandslam May 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna (Post 20845079)
Does anyone care about the 50k link for the Citi AA Executive card?

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...B87ED9E29A2603

Actually the offer was dead, only landing page is there.
If you click "apply now", you will just see an error.

More importantly, its first year fee of $450 will not be waived.
(billed in the 1st statement)

It's a ok card for those actually fly AA a lot and spend $40k/year(to get 10k EQM).
I have the card for about 2 years now but may cancel it before next annual fee hits.

I don't know its 50K offer "link" available somewhere in the internet as of now.
(There is a link on the MMS blog but it's actually just a 30k/$1k offer)
Some of AC(AA's lounge) had its pamphlet(50k offer) sometime ago, not sure if they are still there now.

The_Wrath_of_Khan May 31, 2013 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam (Post 20845251)
Actually the offer was dead, only landing page is there.
If you click "apply now", you will just see an error.

More importantly, its first year fee of $450 will not be waived.
(billed in the 1st statement)

It's a ok card for those actually fly AA a lot and spend $40k/year(to get 10k EQM).
I have the card for about 2 years now but may cancel it before next annual fee hits.

I don't know its 50K offer "link" available somewhere in the internet as of now.
(There is a link on the MMS blog but it's actually just a 30k/$1k offer)
Some of AC(AA's lounge) had its pamphlet(50k offer) sometime ago, not sure if they are still there now.

Ah, that's a bummer. I just applied for a 40k link. I guess I'll see what happens.

supergrandslam May 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna (Post 20845262)
Ah, that's a bummer. I just applied for a 40k link. I guess I'll see what happens.

Forgot to mention,I believe $450 fee will not count towards $1K threshold.

For those recently got approved plat+gold or plat+ plat business, I believe you can apply for the card at 65+ days later from the last application.

cerealmarketer Jun 1, 2013 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by czhouchem (Post 20844423)
can we expect some good bonus offer after the merge, like after they decide the new aa will partner with citi or barcley?

When Delta and Northwest merged I remember some lucrative SkyMiles credit card offers to entice former Northwest flyers to sign up.

Either way this shakes out, one side of the house will need to acquire customers from the other, which should mean decent bonus offers.

amolkold Jun 1, 2013 4:05 pm

I got 55K UA miles shortly after UA/CO merger. That deal lasted a while.

DC777Fan Jun 1, 2013 5:27 pm

Any recent experiences trying to consolidate the credit lines on 2 AA cards into 1 card? I redeemed over 100k this year, so I definitely want to keep one for the rebate, and I'd also like to keep the credit...

rover4618 Jun 1, 2013 5:41 pm

Thank You FlyerTalk

50K AA Amex 8/2012
50K AA Visa 8/2012

Denied for business card 12/2012 because I had it multiple times before.

Approved for 30K AA Mastercard 2 days ago.

Thank you FlyerTalk .. :p

Happy Jun 1, 2013 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 20849360)
Any recent experiences trying to consolidate the credit lines on 2 AA cards into 1 card? I redeemed over 100k this year, so I definitely want to keep one for the rebate, and I'd also like to keep the credit...

Haven't you gotten your 10% rebate (capped at 10K) already? Since April the rebate posted rather quickly.

Unlike Chase, Citi does not consolidate credit line unless you go to very higher up and may risk another hard pull to achieve that.

nall Jun 2, 2013 2:04 am

I got a "We have received your application and further processing is required at this time."

I want to cancel a different Citi card I don't want anymore before the annual fee is due and transfer that credit over. Can/should I proactively contact them, and if so, where/how?

groversbathtub Jun 2, 2013 6:06 am

I got two 50K personal (Visa Platinum and Amex Platinum) cards in late November 2012. A few weeks ago, my wife got a targeted offer for 40K Visa Gold (30K after $1000 spend within 3 months, 10K after $5000 spend within 12 months). She doesn't want to get into the CC game, so I filled out the application with my info. I got a "call us at 1-866-xxx-xxxx" at step 5. I was a bit worried, but they just wanted to tell me that the new credit limit would be "only" $7100 unless I moved some credit from a different card. I told the CSR that that amount was plenty.

roncie Jun 2, 2013 6:50 am

Just a data point: I used the 50k link on 5/26 (apparently just before it went away), got the card yesterday - and I called and verified that I do indeed have the 50k offer tagged to my card. Plus, they sent me a card without a chip, so when I called to ask, he promptly sent me a chip card via FedEx and gave me 5k more miles for the inconvenience.

I had been having some heartburn due to the fact that that link did not state the offer details on the landing page, but I put my faith in you all and was not let down - many thanks!

jatink129 Jun 2, 2013 7:33 am

Originally Posted by roncie (Post 20851469)
Just a data point: I used the 50k link on 5/26 (apparently just before it went away), got the card yesterday - and I called and verified that I do indeed have the 50k offer tagged to my card. Plus, they sent me a card without a chip, so when I called to ask, he promptly sent me a chip card via FedEx and gave me 5k more miles for the inconvenience.

I had been having some heartburn due to the fact that that link did not state the offer details on the landing page, but I put my faith in you all and was not let down - many thanks!

^^ Put your faith in FlyerTalk for all your Nexium needs. :D

DC777Fan Jun 2, 2013 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 20850118)
Haven't you gotten your 10% rebate (capped at 10K) already? Since April the rebate posted rather quickly.

Unlike Chase, Citi does not consolidate credit line unless you go to very higher up and may risk another hard pull to achieve that.

Haven't actually traveled yet. I assume that you need to actually travel first, right?

Bummer about credit lines. Not worth it then, I guess...

SeeBuyFly Jun 2, 2013 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by roncie (Post 20851469)
Just a data point: I used the 50k link on 5/26 (apparently just before it went away)...

I applied for 50K on 5/27 (it went away on 5/28). No instant approval, no reference number, no confirmation e-mail; nothing at all from them after the web page that said they would get back to me.