FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1475783-citi-aa-credit-cards-except-executive-2013-2014-a.html)

jonnyd13 May 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Pencegeri (Post 20838136)
Found this on another forum. I can not guarantee it will work, but for those who will not mind big spending. I think this is the same offer I posted awhile back where they deleted the landing page, and I believe someone else may have posted it recently but not in the last ten pages. (I took out all references to the business Visa, as the link was dead.)

At $5,000 it is 40,000 miles (35,000 bonus, 5,000 spend)
$10,000 is 50,000
$15,000 is 60,000 etc

I would be interested, but neither of those links are loading. Also would really like to see a landing page for that.

Pencegeri May 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd13 (Post 20838153)
I would be interested, but neither of those links are loading. Also would really like to see a landing page for that.

I guess it didn't like the copy paste, it is from here. http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...ss-visa.11169/

CFFrost May 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Pencegeri (Post 20838160)
I guess it didn't like the copy paste, it is from here. http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...ss-visa.11169/

I think the best thing about this deal is you have 24 months to max out the last part of the spend. It really wouldn't be that hard to put 15k/year and get 2 miles / $.

waingro May 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by czhouchem (Post 20836909)
damn, i was waiting for my aor and 50k dead?! h*** s***

I know how it feels man. I just started this game this year and it's happened to me several times already.

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 20837233)
That is why old style AOR are so out of style. Now days if one finds a find a good offer, just apply for it.

True words.

kmcbrid2 May 31, 2013 12:02 am

So received my denial letter for my business card app. It says a credit report for my business shows it is to new for citi to extend a business credit card.

So lesson for newbies, which others have highlighted, use your name as the business name if you don't already have a business.

I guess the good thing for me I now have business cards with chase and amex under the business name that was denied by citi so I now building credit history with that business name. How long so I wait to reapply tainted the other business name for citi to see a credit history when they pull the report?

So I haven't applied for a business card with citi using my name as the business name I assume I could still apply for a business card using my name as the business. How long should I wait to reapply using my name add the business name?

Should I assume at one point I could have two of the same business card products at the same time from citi; one with my name as the business name and one with my fake business name?

I do plan to open a business eventually using my fake business in about for years so I guess it will be good in will be building credit during those for years with various business CC inner that business name.

FYI I do not have TIN so used my SSN on the application.

phantasmX May 31, 2013 10:09 am

Should I call them immediately after applying to get an instant answer or wait for the mail/email?

Kay_nyc May 31, 2013 10:21 am

Originally Posted by phantasmX (Post 20842602)
Should I call them immediately after applying to get an instant answer or wait for the mail/email?

If you're eager, call. If, like me, you've grown tired of calling banks, wait. I only call after a few weeks if I haven't been approved automatically. I usually find that waiting until they get to my application is the path of least resistance.

michael_v May 31, 2013 10:41 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 (Post 20840342)
So received my denial letter for my business card app. It says a credit report for my business shows it is to new for citi to extend a business credit card.

So lesson for newbies, which others have highlighted, use your name as the business name if you don't already have a business.

I guess the good thing for me I now have business cards with chase and amex under the business name that was denied by citi so I now building credit history with that business name. How long so I wait to reapply tainted the other business name for citi to see a credit history when they pull the report?

So I haven't applied for a business card with citi using my name as the business name I assume I could still apply for a business card using my name as the business. How long should I wait to reapply using my name add the business name?

Should I assume at one point I could have two of the same business card products at the same time from citi; one with my name as the business name and one with my fake business name?

I do plan to open a business eventually using my fake business in about for years so I guess it will be good in will be building credit during those for years with various business CC inner that business name.

FYI I do not have TIN so used my SSN on the application.

I don't belive that business name matters for them when determining if your business is too new. I belive that it is the age of the business that you enter on the application. And the rule is 1 business application every 90 days.

Kay_nyc May 31, 2013 10:56 am

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 20842761)
I don't belive that business name matters for them when determining if your business is too new. I belive that it is the age of the business that you enter on the application. And the rule is 1 business application every 90 days.

If you don't really have a business, you should not be making up a name. You're a sole proprietorship, and your business name is your name. Fabricating a fake name might be a red flag. I've always been a sole proprietorship (freelance income), and I'm not sure how registering a business name works.

supergrandslam May 31, 2013 11:43 am

Originally Posted by phantasmX (Post 20842602)

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc (Post 20842668)
If you're eager, call.

+1.

Any unpublished(or published) offer can be expired at any time.
If the offere is expired and the application is still at the middle of the process, you may get just denial for "the program change" aka "the offer is expired".
Happened to me in 2011, I applied for the 75K "business" card.
I waited about a week then I called. Submitted additinal docs but it was too late.
If I had called citi immediately, I would have gotten approved.
So this may only happen to business cards and 1st time applicants who may need to submit additional docs.

lwildernorva May 31, 2013 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by supergrandslam (Post 20843151)
+1.

Any unpublished(or published) offer can be expired at any time.
If the offere is expired and the application is still at the middle of the process, you may get just denial for "the program change" aka "the offer is expired".
Happened to me in 2011, I applied for the 75K "business" card.
I waited about a week then I called. Submitted additinal docs but it was too late.
If I had called citi immediately, I would have gotten approved.
So this may only happen to business cards and 1st time applicants who may need to submit additional docs.

And, of course, we've seen a decline in the offers since the peak of 100K (to 75K to 50K and now this).

I think there are a couple of possibilities at work here:
1) Maybe the Citi/AA relationship isn't as tight as many have thought, and Citi's decided to take some preemptive action; this might not be as crazy as some of the bloggers have thought since Dougie had his relationship with Barclays and especially since some recent Barclays moves indicate they'd like to make a bigger splash with points cards;
2) Everybody's taking their breath before the final steps are completed in the US/AA merger--with the possibility that when complete, we see a bigger, better offer than we've seen for awhile to introduce the new [Barclays/Citi]/AA card this fall or winter.
The move certainly makes it more difficult to guess whether to make another Citi/AA or Barclays/US app at this time--I've been holding off on Citi/AA while getting ready to do another Barclays/US on the belief that the relationship with Barclays is going away so might as well get that card now, and holding off on Citi on the guess that Citi will hold onto its (roughly) 18 month rule, meaning that an app now might wash out an opportunity to apply for a bigger offer later.

Of course, from the UA/CO merger, we know that getting a UA and CO card at just the right times didn't preclude getting certain UA cards after the merger--further muddying the picture.

As it is, I've got tons of US and AA miles so I might just stay on the sidelines for awhile.

brownie20 May 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by BCF (Post 20829486)
Here is the application page for 30K gold card. I had the landing page open in my browser from yesterday :D

thanks so much for sharing! :) have been holding off on applying for the citi gold and then the landing page died!

Originally Posted by cvarming (Post 20835257)
My wife got it as well. I took a quick look at the web pages, but I was not able to find a link for others to use. Does anyone have experience in extracting links from the application system?

would love to know the link if you're able to extract it! thanks! :)

nall May 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Any good offers for the non-select Amex?

czhouchem May 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 20844007)
And, of course, we've seen a decline in the offers since the peak of 100K (to 75K to 50K and now this).

I think there are a couple of possibilities at work here:
1) Maybe the Citi/AA relationship isn't as tight as many have thought, and Citi's decided to take some preemptive action; this might not be as crazy as some of the bloggers have thought since Dougie had his relationship with Barclays and especially since some recent Barclays moves indicate they'd like to make a bigger splash with points cards;
2) Everybody's taking their breath before the final steps are completed in the US/AA merger--with the possibility that when complete, we see a bigger, better offer than we've seen for awhile to introduce the new [Barclays/Citi]/AA card this fall or winter.
The move certainly makes it more difficult to guess whether to make another Citi/AA or Barclays/US app at this time--I've been holding off on Citi/AA while getting ready to do another Barclays/US on the belief that the relationship with Barclays is going away so might as well get that card now, and holding off on Citi on the guess that Citi will hold onto its (roughly) 18 month rule, meaning that an app now might wash out an opportunity to apply for a bigger offer later.

Of course, from the UA/CO merger, we know that getting a UA and CO card at just the right times didn't preclude getting certain UA cards after the merger--further muddying the picture.

As it is, I've got tons of US and AA miles so I might just stay on the sidelines for awhile.

can we expect some good bonus offer after the merge, like after they decide the new aa will partner with citi or barcley?

supergrandslam May 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by czhouchem (Post 20844423)
can we expect some good bonus offer after the merge, like after they decide the new aa will partner with citi or barcley?

AA need to decide if they remain with Citibank by July 2nd.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tcy-court.html