FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi ThankYou Points now transferable to Hilton HHonors [Premier, Prestige, Chairman] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1424035-citi-thankyou-points-now-transferable-hilton-hhonors-premier-prestige-chairman.html)

islandguy84 Jan 4, 2013 9:02 am

Citi ThankYou Points now transferable to Hilton HHonors [Premier, Prestige, Chairman]

I was on the Hilton Hhonors website and I noticed an interesting link which seems to imply that Thank You Points are transferable to Hilton Hhonors.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...rds/index.html

If you have an American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYouŽ Rewards, or a Diners Club account, more HHonors Points could be just a telephone call away. Learn how to exchange points with these leading credit card rewards programs.
Scrolling further down the page it states quite clearly that 1000 TYP = 1500 HH Pts.

Exchange Citi ThankYouŽ Points for HHonors Bonus Points

To exchange points from your Citi ThankYou Rewards account to your HHonors account, you must be a registered Citi ThankYou Rewards member.

Receive 1, 500 HHonors Bonus Points for Every 1, 000 Citi ThankYou Points. Transfers must be in increments of 1, 000 ThankYou Points with a minimum of 1, 000 ThankYou Points.

To make an exchange, visit thankyou.com or call ThankYou Rewards at 1-800-842-6596 (toll-free in the United States)
I checked out ThankYou and could find absolutely nothing on the site.

Could this be a sign that Hilton transfers are coming (maybe already possible via the phone?) or maybe just more fuel on the fire that Citi did plan to do something big but never did?

I know there was an existing thread (now closed so I can't add this there) about TYP being transferrable to BA, etc that was never implemented but this is the first time I've heard of anything about Hilton transfers.

mia Jan 4, 2013 9:22 am

Originally Posted by islandguy84 (Post 19974106)
I checked out ThankYou and could find absolutely nothing on the site.

Good find ^, and it does appear on thankyou.com.

1) Go to thankyou.com
2) Login
3) In Search Rewards box type: Hilton, set Category: All, click the Magnifying Glass icon

1000:1500 is correct. If you have a card with the Flight Points feature which effectively earns 2 TYP per dollar this equals 3 HH points per dollar, better than using a Citi HHonors card for general spending.

This redemption option appears to be the only entry in a category named Points Exchange. I see no other programs listed:

https://rewards.thankyou.com/b2r/mer...ntsExchange.do

geclub1 Jan 4, 2013 9:44 am

I have two Thankyou accounts, one from banking and another from Premier card.

The hilton link does not show up when logged in on the banking TY account. It does show up on the TY account associated with the CC.

Clicking on the details page. Here is the T&C.

1. If you have a Citi ThankYouŽ Premier Card account or a Citi ThankYouŽ Prestige Card account, you may exchange your available qualifying ThankYou Points for Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, subject to the following minimum and incremental points requirements, by using the Points Exchange feature of ThankYou Rewards. Each exchange must include a minimum of 1,000 ThankYou Points and any additional amount must be in increments of 1,000 ThankYou Points. In order to exchange your ThankYou Points for Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, you first must have set up your ThankYou Member Account with a user name and password either through the ThankYou Service Center or thankyou.com and also your Hilton HHonors Member Account with a user name and password through HHonors.com.
2. Upon completion of an exchange, the resulting Hilton HHonors Bonus Points can be posted only to your Hilton HHonors Member Account.
Once you exchange ThankYou Points for Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, the exchanged ThankYou Points will be deducted from your ThankYou Points balance in your ThankYou Member Account and the resulting HHonors Bonus Points will be posted to your Hilton HHonors Member Account immediately after the exchange transaction.
3. Taxable ThankYou Points and ThankYou Points made unavailable for redemption due to signs of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity in your ThankYou Member Account or due to your failure to make the required minimum payment due on your participating Citi credit card account by the payment due date are not eligible for exchange. Taxable ThankYou Points are ThankYou Points obtained through activity unrelated to purchases made with your Citibank Debit MasterCard or with your Citi credit card, as well as ThankYou Points received for a Citibank checking relationship and bonus ThankYou Points that may be awarded for opening new Sponsor accounts or for signing up for new Sponsor services.
4. A submitted request to exchange ThankYou Points may not be cancelled and the ThankYou Points in a submitted request may not be returned to your ThankYou Member Account.
You may exchange your available ThankYou Points through thankyou.com or through the ThankYou Service Center (1-800-THANKYOU). When exchanging ThankYou Points, you must accept these Terms & Conditions before completing the transaction.
5. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of Hilton HHonors Points are subject to HHonors Terms & Conditions, available at HHonors.com.

Originally Posted by mia (Post 19974265)
Good find ^, and it does appear on thankyou.com.

1) Go to thankyou.com
2) Login
3) In Search Rewards box type: Hilton, set Category: All, click the Magnifying Glass icon

1000:1500 is correct. If you have a card with the Flight Points feature which effectively earns 2 TYP per dollar this equals 3 HH points per dollar, better than using a Citi HHonors card for general spending.

This redemption option appears to be the only entry in a category named Points Exchange. I see no other programs listed:

https://rewards.thankyou.com/b2r/mer...ntsExchange.do

islandguy84 Jan 4, 2013 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 19974265)
If you have a card with the Flight Points feature which effectively earns 2 TYP per dollar this equals 3 HH points per dollar, better than using a Citi HHonors card for general spending.

The FAQs state that only the Premier and higher can use this feature so in theory everyone with access can do what mia said above. Also taxable points (generally those earned from banking with Citi) cannot be transferred.

Only ThankYou Members with the Citi ThankYouŽ Premier, Citi ThankYouŽ Prestige, Citi Prestige℠ or Chairman credit cards are eligible to use ThankYou Points Exchange.
In addition, if you also have the Citi Forward card which gives 5x on Restaurants, Music & Movies, you're earning 7.5HHpts per dollar in these categories.

dcpilgrim Jan 4, 2013 10:20 am

Premier or higher kind of kills the deal since with those cards you can redeem for flights at 1.33 cpp. Potentially useful top off option though. Hope more partners are added.

leonard016 Jan 4, 2013 10:46 am

great find! Hope Citi continues to make this program more competitive.

jjmiller69 Jan 4, 2013 11:04 am

Originally Posted by leonard016 (Post 19974832)
great find! Hope Citi continues to make this program more competitive.

+1
Hopefully this is just the beginning. Thanks

freeloader Jan 4, 2013 11:50 am

great find... thanks OP.

now the race against the clock to see if they add more partners before i have to cancel my TY (as i approach annual fee time)...

philemer Jan 4, 2013 1:19 pm

Just tried to transfer 1000 TY and it failed. I have the TY Premier card. I entered my Hh acct. # and pin. It said to call. Great, love calling TY. :(

islandguy84 Jan 4, 2013 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 19975983)
Just tried to transfer 1000 TY and it failed. I have the TY Premier card. I entered my Hh acct. # and pin. It said to call. Great, love calling TY. :(

I wish I could say I'm surprised but Citi isn't exactly known for flawless execution. Sometimes that's to our benefit, other times not so much. Let us know what happens when/if you do call.

windcloud5 Jan 4, 2013 3:48 pm

With the previous rumor of Citi offering transfer TY points to AA and Singapore airline (never materialize) and this news. And seeing the trend of more banks are adopting the Amex MR route. I predict that Citi will add more transfer partners in the near future and go the MR and UR route.

nall Jan 4, 2013 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by windcloud5 (Post 19976954)
With the previous rumor of Citi offering transfer TY points to AA and Singapore airline (never materialize) and this news. And seeing the trend of more banks are adopting the Amex MR route. I predict that Citi will add more transfer partners in the near future and go the MR and UR route.

The MR and UR route meaning what, exactly?

MilesTalk Jan 4, 2013 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by nall (Post 19977099)
The MR and UR route meaning what, exactly?

Just meaning having the ability to transfer points to a variety of airline and hotel partners vs. only having internal redemption options.

mrp20 Jan 4, 2013 4:56 pm

agree--i think chase offerings are essentially forcing them to

mnscout Jan 5, 2013 2:00 am

I wouldn't call it an attractive rate to acquire HHonors, but yeah, let's hope it's just the beginning.