Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Points now transferable to Hilton HHonors [Premier, Prestige, Chairman]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi ThankYou Points now transferable to Hilton HHonors [Premier, Prestige, Chairman]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by mia
TYP are worth $0.0133 each. If your account is eligible to use Points Exchange (to Hilton) it is also eligible for the $0.0133 airfare redemption rate.
Thanks. My original post is now corrected to reflect this.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You omitted an important 0. It is 0.0067, and it is a COST.

Thanks, I corrected this in my original post.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:06 am

I think it is a misnomer to say each HHonor pt is worth 0.0067.

I prefer to view it as each HHonor pt costs 0.0067 to acquire because of the 0.0133 worth of each TYP.

So in essence with this transfer ratio, you are paying 0.0067 for 1 HHonor pt. That is way too high to pay because in ordinary cases HHonor pt only worth 0.005 in redemption value.

If you need some extra to reach a certain reward level, then it is OK to pay such cost. Otherwise it is a waste of your TYPs.
As each TYP is worth 1.333, it comes to $0.0088 to acquire each HH which is even higher than $0.0067. Too expensive.

I agree that is a waste of TYPs. Better to wait until you are ready to redeem for and book using HH if you are getting a better value than $0.0088.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
business card

Does anyone with a TY business card see the Hilton option? I don't and am wondering if it will be added.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by linsj
Does anyone with a TY business card see the Hilton option? I don't and am wondering if it will be added.
I have a business card linked to my account. Do you mean someone with only a business card? What is the card annual fee?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean someone with only a business card? What is the card annual fee?
Yes. No fee.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by linsj
Yes. No fee.
I believe the transfer option is only available to cards in the Premier and Prestige category. What is your business card's category?

The Hilton option is not in the Transfer Points area. It is in the Shop Award area - all the way to the bottom, Point Exchange.

My Premier card has no fee but the option is available to me.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 15, 2013 at 9:16 pm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:22 am

I believe the transfer option is only available to cards in the Premier and Prestige category. What is your business card's category?

The Hilton option is not in the Transfer Points area. It is in the Shop Award area - all the way to the bottom, Point Exchange.

My Premier card has no fee but the option is available to me.
There is no category for business cards, and Hilton isn't in the transfer points area either. So ... not an option for business.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:37 pm

I made serveral transfers to Hilton recently to top off Hhonors account for redemption. Citi doesn't limit the Hhonors account to the same person holding the Citi CC account. Which means you can transfer to any Hhonors account you want.
Old May 30, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone else notice that the transfer points part of TY.com is down? Hoping this means they're loading additional transfer partners...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.