Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends in December 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html

ALL known links for ALL Citi Hilton Honors cards appear to be dead now.
-----------------------------

This thread is a continuation of: Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Link no longer working: https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...7A711D5L00101W

Link no longer working: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...s-reserve-card

- Earn two weekend night certificates - at select hotels and resorts - after making $2,500 in purchases.

- Enjoy Hilton HHonors Gold Status as long as you are a Citi Hilton Reserve cardmember

- Annual Fee: $95,
not waived

From the app page:
"Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had any Citi®Hilton HHonorsTM card opened or closed in the past 24 months"."Weekend Night Certificates offer is not available if you have had a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card account that was opened or closed in the past 24 months." (Language change to "any" dates back to August 2016.)

When will I receive my free nights?
Some datapoints indicate that the certificates are emailed ~7 days after the statement in which the spend is met, but others datapoints indicate that it may take 1-2 additional statement cycles before they're actually sent.

How long do I have to use the free nights?
The certificates expire 12 months from the date that they're emailed to you. Your stay must be completed on or before this expiration date.

Do I need to print the certificates and take them with me?
Yes. Some people say they haven't been asked for them, but it's much better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Can the free weekend certs be redeemed online?
No, you have to call the HHonors department to book them. Even regular Hilton reservations cannot book them, although they can transfer you to the right department.

so the 2-browser trick is dead. can we still apply two HH Reserve card every 65 days, with same HH #, and get four certificates?
Several people have reported successfully churning this card, and receiving the certificates for both cards. Closing one card before applying for another doesn't appear to be required.

You can still get as many as you want of the Citi Hilton 50k cards (except that CITI only allows two cards of any type every 60-65 days).all 50k card offers without 18 month language dead as of 7/5/15

Can you get the anniversary free night bonus without paying the annual fee, or do you get the free night bonus only if you hit $10,000 in charges AND renew?
This seems to be YMMV. Some people have reported not getting it until well after their AF payment is due, while others have reported getting it in time to cancel and have their AF refunded. More data points on this are needed.

Terms and conditions for the free nights
Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, and I don't think there are any blackout nights (beyond the normal HHonors program rules). Here is the description from the Cert as well as the T&C's:

Description: You've received this reward certificate because you've met the purchase requirements with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card. This reward is valid for one complimentary weekend night for a standard room at participating hotels worldwide, subject to availability. This reward is not valid at All-Inclusive or Distinctive properties and cannot be combined with the 5th Night Free benefit or other promotions. Please visit HHonors.com/weekendcertificate to see a list of excluded properties.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As with any HHonors Reward, this Reward Certificate is subject to all HHonors Terms & Conditions on participation, use, and redemption, posted at http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do. The hotel stay received with this Hotel Reward Certificate shall be treated as a Hotel Reward Stay, as defined in the Terms & Conditions, except Points & Money, Premium Room and Room Upgrade Rewards cannot be used with this Certificate.

HOTEL REWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Reward Certificate is not transferable after issued and may be redeemed only by the individual named thereon, consistent with HHonors Terms & Conditions. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward Certificate attempts to redeem it, the Certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be denied.
2. Reward Certificate may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered or purchased except with the express written consent of Hilton HHonors. Any Reward Certificate obtained in this manner by any person or entity will be considered to be fraudulently obtained and will be deemed void if transferred for cash or other consideration. Altered Reward Certificates are void and will not be honored.
3. Reward Certificate may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers, or Hotel Reward stays beyond Standard Room Rewards, unless otherwise specified in writing by Hilton HHonors.
4. Reward Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Reward Certificate is not exchangeable.
5. Reward Certificate will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed.
6. Reward Certificate is void if copied, prohibited or restricted by law.
7. HHonors members will not earn points or miles for Hotel Reward stays, unless otherwise stated on the Reward Certificate.
8. Reward Certificate expires on the date noted on the face of the Reward Certificate.
9. Reward Certificate must be redeemed in strict accordance with the procedures specified on the certificate.
10. For the purpose of Certificate redemption, a weekend night is defined as a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, unless specified otherwise on the Reward Certificate.
11. Reward Certificate applies to the room rate and tax of one standard room at a participating hotel and as further provided on the Certificate. A "Standard room" is as defined by the hotel. Any tax liability incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of this Certificate, including, but not limited to, local or city occupancy taxes, or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the user. Incidental charges are the responsibility of the user.
12. Reward Certificate usage is limited to Double Occupancy. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges.
13. Reward Certificate reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Some hotels may require a deposit in lieu of a credit card guarantee. Deposits cannot be waived for Reward Certificate reservations. Reward Certificate reservations that are cancelled outside of the time frame set by the hotel's individual cancellation policy will be charged one night's room and tax at the hotel's minimum rate for that date.
14. Reward Certificate is valid for the number of nights noted under the description on the face of the Certificate. If the Certificate is valid for more than one night, all nights must be used and the Certificate redeemed for a single stay that includes up to all Certificate nights. The Certificate cannot be broken down and/or redeemed for more than one stay. Any unused nights will be forfeited and will not be replaced or credited.
15. No credit or substitutions will be given for any Reward Certificate including those that are only partially used.
16. Promotional Rewards are for Standard Rooms only.
17. Hotel stays resulting from Reward Certificate are non-commissionable to travel agents.
18. Recipients of Reward Certificate may be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional compensation.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thuctrang
I didn't realized I had the no-fee Citi Hilton card last year. When the fraud department called last week, before I got the card, I asked to speak to someone about the bonus offer. They couldn't see any bonus of free nights on the card.
Before you get the card, the agents are just guessing about the bonus.

Yes, if you closed the no-fee Citi HH card last year, you shouldn't get the bonus, but you should wait for the card to arrive and then call and ask about the bonus, before you can know for sure (if the welcome letter you've received by then mentions no signup bonus).
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by thuctrang
What do I do with this card if I don't qualify for the free nights bonus? Not activate it? Cancel it?
I assume you are referring to the Res card, which has a fee for the first year. Even if you don't activate it, Citi will charge you the fee. Then if you don't pay it, they will add on interest and late fees, and after the 3rd bill report you to the CB as being delinquent.

So if you aren't going to activate and use it, first reduce the credit line to the minimum Citi will let you reduce it to, wait a few days and then cancel it.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:30 am

If the Reserve is closed, does citi give a prorated refund of the annual fee?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:38 am

From Hilton, for the free night rewards, I receieved two separate emails. Both have a reward certificate ID number but only one has a control code number. Is this standard?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
If the Reserve is closed, does citi give a prorated refund of the annual fee?
Yes but you may have to ask for the check to be mailed
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
Thanks, I found (through reddit) that the shortened 62HZ17A7 link can create problems for people. I re-applied using https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...7A711D5L00101W and got instant approval.

Updated Wiki.
Seems dead now too
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cutnana
Seems dead now too
All links for all Citi HH cards have been dead for several days now. I just added a notice near the top of the wiki to that effect. (There was already a similar notice in the wiki for the no-fee Citi HH card thread.)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:33 pm

HH Reserve can't be PC

I've tried a couple of times to convert this account to another Citi product, and every time the front line reps were getting errors. So today I asked to be transferred to an account manager. The latter told me that the Hilton accounts were being sold, and could not be converted for that reason. That manager seemed familiar with the subject, so her info about the sale (vs. account closure) may well be accurate. She also gave me 5K HH points for the trouble.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I've tried a couple of times to convert this account to another Citi product, and every time the front line reps were getting errors. So today I asked to be transferred to an account manager. The latter told me that the Hilton accounts were being sold, and could not be converted for that reason. That manager seemed familiar with the subject, so her info about the sale (vs. account closure) may well be accurate. She also gave me 5K HH points for the trouble.
I was able to request a PC from Hilton Signature to Dividend last week.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I've tried a couple of times to convert this account to another Citi product....
Has the card been open for at least a full year?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I was able to request a PC from Hilton Signature to Dividend last week.
I converted to double cash card a couple of weeks ago... card arrived today.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Has the card been open for at least a full year?
No. Each time the initial rep would first pause to ask someone for permission and instructions, then was willing to proceed. Think that condition is programmed into their system without an override option?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You cannot change to another product in the first 12 months. This is standard industry practice to comply with the Federal C.A.R.D. Act. which prohibits changing terms in the first year. Another product will have different terms.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Been on the fence for this card for quite a while, but just read about the elimination of this product today.

Used this link for the app today, as wiki still dead. Many others referred to online dead as well.

Ended up with this message:

Oh well... we'll see what happens.
This one did not pan out. Got an email and snail mail that this is no longer a product offered.

Suspected something was up from the notification after application. I gambled and followed the link from @booyaa applying on 6/14/17.

Originally Posted by booyaa
Thanks, I found (through reddit) that the shortened 62HZ17A7 link can create problems for people. I re-applied using https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...7A711D5L00101W and got instant approval.

Updated Wiki.
This also went pending, but slightly different verbiage.

When I was in BRW last week I got an email from Citi:

Code:
beckoa,

Congratulations, you've been approved!

We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi® Hilton HHonors(TM) Reserve card, with a credit limit of $X. Your account is considered open as of today, 06/21/17.

Your card should be arriving in 7-10 business days in a small package. To start enjoying the many benefits of your card, activate it as soon as it arrives.

You can always find a full list of your card benefits here. Once you have your new card in hand, you'll be able to log in and experience the full site.

Thank you for choosing Citi for your financial needs!
To add even more fun, I got a Next Day Air Mail letter today. It was dated June 23rd informing me I had been approved, again within 7-10 business days.

Will report back when it arrives.

I suspect I was one of the last ones approved for this product.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Bonus info?

Did you guys get any information about the bonus free nights with your email or printed welcome materials? I did not...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.