FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1369272-citi-hilton-honors-reserve-card-ends-dec-2017-a.html)

TOMFORD Jan 4, 2016 10:27 am

Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]

What's the verdict on churning this card? The links on the wiki above don't work and the card page on Citi's website says the bonus is only valid for new members.

If I had gotten the bonus earlier this year, will I never get it again? Should I cancel my card now or does it not matter?

Superorb Jan 5, 2016 12:07 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD (Post 25959546)
What's the verdict on churning this card? The links on the wiki above don't work and the card page on Citi's website says the bonus is only valid for new members.

If I had gotten the bonus earlier this year, will I never get it again? Should I cancel my card now or does it not matter?

This card has the 18+ month language, so you can get another one after that time has passed. Keep in mind it's usually 18 months from opening OR closing the card.

vanr Jan 5, 2016 5:11 am

$100 cr

Which link do I use to apply nd get the $100 hilton cr

TOMFORD Jan 5, 2016 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 25963584)
This card has the 18+ month language, so you can get another one after that time has passed. Keep in mind it's usually 18 months from opening OR closing the card.

Is the 18m+ term universal to all Hilton Reserve app links, or do I have to use a particular landing page?

Superorb Jan 5, 2016 11:38 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD (Post 25964346)
Is the 18m+ term universal to all Hilton Reserve app links, or do I have to use a particular landing page?

AFAIK there aren't any Citi apps right now that don't have the 18 month language. Maybe the Executive card right now, but certainly none of the HHonors apps. ALWAYS read the fine print.

TOMFORD Jan 5, 2016 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 25966303)
AFAIK there aren't any Citi apps right now that don't have the 18 month language. Maybe the Executive card right now, but certainly none of the HHonors apps. ALWAYS read the fine print.

When looking at the Reserve card on Citi's website in a Chrome incognito window, I don't see anywhere with an 18m language. The first thing the fine prints say is:

This offer is only valid for new accounts. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you are married, you may apply for a separate account. Citibank, N.A. ("we" or "us") is the issuer of your account.
The same can be said for the few other Citi cards I looked at (AA, Prestige, etc).

Brewer20 Jan 5, 2016 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD (Post 25967556)
When looking at the Reserve card on Citi's website in a Chrome incognito window, I don't see anywhere with an 18m language. The first thing the fine prints say is:

The same can be said for the few other Citi cards I looked at (AA, Prestige, etc).

The 18 month language is either in the Rewards tab or the Additional Information tab, depending on the card.

TheInternationalLine Jan 5, 2016 3:55 pm

Just a quick note that the wiki link for 2 free weekend nights + $100 statement credit still appears to be working.

I was a bit nervous about applying since there was no language about the bonus on the application screen, but I received a paper confirmation letter confirming the statement credit and free nights shortly after approval.

TOMFORD Jan 5, 2016 5:36 pm

Ahh... I see it now for the Reserve card. Not sure what happened before.

Ed Janowsky Jan 5, 2016 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20 (Post 25967807)
The 18 month language is either in the Rewards tab or the Additional Information tab, depending on the card.

Actually, if you'll just open the application page, you'll see what you're looking for right away. ;)

ecgz88 Jan 5, 2016 10:42 pm

which links? I click all links but get error 404 msgs

Originally Posted by TheInternationalLine (Post 25967948)
Just a quick note that the wiki link for 2 free weekend nights + $100 statement credit still appears to be working.

I was a bit nervous about applying since there was no language about the bonus on the application screen, but I received a paper confirmation letter confirming the statement credit and free nights shortly after approval.

TheInternationalLine Jan 7, 2016 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by ecgz88 (Post 25969585)
which links? I click all links but get error 404 msgs

Yeah, the final working link with $100 stmt. credit must have just gone down. :(

mastermc54 Jan 7, 2016 9:54 pm

Any current working links for the card with the $100 statement credit?

Superorb Jan 8, 2016 9:53 am

Originally Posted by mastermc54 (Post 25982005)
Any current working links for the card with the $100 statement credit?

The links in the Wiki are the only links we have.

RobertHanson Jan 9, 2016 9:55 am

Just received my Certificate but AF waived?

Got an email this morning that my weekend certificate, from doing the $10K in spend that I completed a couple of months ago, is now available for use. The strange thing is that my AF apparently posted to my statement on Dec 3rd without my noticing it. I haven't paid it, and didn't have a positive credit balance to cover it, but my Jan statement shows "Last Statement Balance $0.00" and "Current Balance: $0:00" next payment due "$0.00". :confused:

Not that I'm complaining mind you... :D