Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (2012 - 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Two free nights at a WA that normally runs 160,000 points is a hell of a deal, even if you are already diamond.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Two free WA nights would translate into $600+ for me. New York, Rome, Maui, etc. All places where I'd likely otherwise spend in the neighborhood of $300/nt. for a decent hotel room. Added bonus that the WA in those places is probably a better hotel that whatever I'd otherwise book.

Seems like the approach here is to acquire this card and drop the Amex Surpass card down to the older "base" HH Amex. That product still exists even though they don't advertise it and Amex has always let me toggle back and forth between the cards based on whether I was chasing Diamond that year.

By keeping the old Amex, I'm still in for AXON...although AXON isn't really a huge perk these days.

Not sure why people are really complaining about this card. I look at all of the hotel cards as additive: no reason not to hold them all. I have two Marriott cards in a drawer that I never use: they're just an annual purchase of a Cat 5 night for $65.

Only mildly annoying bit about this card is the need to run $10k through it to get the annual bonus night. But that's a relatively minor annoyance...especially if you actually have some paid HH stays...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Has anyone seen a list of hotels that aren't bookable using the two Weekend nights? I saw a vague description of W=A's and suite-only hotels, but is this usable at Conrads? I'm eyeing the Conrad Singapore in combination with the cheap international flights, and this would make a two-day MR much less painful...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
So i got my citi reserve, and just did a stay at hilton.
Now my Hilton post "CITI RESERVE VISA BONUS" 805. I'm not sure where it came from.
The cc statement closes with $360 balance, $250 of them is airline. I know it's 5 pts for airline, so i can't figure out how they came up with 805.
The Hilton stay is $140+, but those are not posted/closed yet in the credit card.
Anyone have any idea what that 805 "CITI RESERVE VISA BONUS" is?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:27 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tomy77
So i got my citi reserve, and just did a stay at hilton.
Now my Hilton post "CITI RESERVE VISA BONUS" 805. I'm not sure where it came from.
The cc statement closes with $360 balance, $250 of them is airline. I know it's 5 pts for airline, so i can't figure out how they came up with 805.
The Hilton stay is $140+, but those are not posted/closed yet in the credit card.
Anyone have any idea what that 805 "CITI RESERVE VISA BONUS" is?
What does your statement from Citi say? Does it itemize the points you earned for the statement period? I haven't had a Hilton card from Citi, but Citi has been pretty transparent with their Thank You cards in itemizing all the bonus points earned from the different spend categories.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dw
What does your statement from Citi say? Does it itemize the points you earned for the statement period? I haven't had a Hilton card from Citi, but Citi has been pretty transparent with their Thank You cards in itemizing all the bonus points earned from the different spend categories.
actually it says "Earned points: 0" on my citi statement (online).
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by steveholt
Has anyone seen a list of hotels that aren't bookable using the two Weekend nights? I saw a vague description of W=A's and suite-only hotels, but is this usable at Conrads? I'm eyeing the Conrad Singapore in combination with the cheap international flights, and this would make a two-day MR much less painful...
+1

Would love to see the list of participating (or a list of non-participating).
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by steveholt
Probably not worth the weekend stay since the Conrad Singapore is usually around ~$160 USD on the weekends. Can get better value at other hotels.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
Waiting for confirmation that WA Maui is on the list.....
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:11 pm

What if you already have the other citi hilton card?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 3:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by oneeyejack
Probably not worth the weekend stay since the Conrad Singapore is usually around ~$160 USD on the weekends. Can get better value at other hotels.
Where do you see that rate? Looking for next spring, only see ~$260 USD.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
What if you already have the other citi hilton card?
Not a problem in terms of applying for this one.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:22 am
dw

Originally Posted by montreid
Waiting for confirmation that WA Maui is on the list.....
Unfortunately it turns out that there is no "list" that is given to cardholders when the certificates arrive, so probably the only way to confirm it is to call HHonors directly.

That being said, the Grand Wailea does appear to have "standard rooms" (if you try to make a booking using points, the standard room awards do appear, and also I do not believe this is an all-suite property, though the base rooms are quite large), so it would seem that the certificates could be used at this property.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by dw
Unfortunately it turns out that there is no "list" that is given to cardholders when the certificates arrive, so probably the only way to confirm it is to call HHonors directly.

That being said, the Grand Wailea does appear to have "standard rooms" (if you try to make a booking using points, the standard room awards do appear, and also I do not believe this is an all-suite property, though the base rooms are quite large), so it would seem that the certificates could be used at this property.
Do you actually get 'certificates' in the mail? If that's the case I'm throwing this card in the freaking trash. Hyatt does it right and I hope that is how Hilton is doing it too. I don't want any physical anything.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:22 pm
dw

Originally Posted by keirnna
Do you actually get 'certificates' in the mail? If that's the case I'm throwing this card in the freaking trash. Hyatt does it right and I hope that is how Hilton is doing it too. I don't want any physical anything.
The certificates are sent via e-mail-- I believe they work the same way as other Hilton free night certificates (like the ones earned during free night promotion periods)-- to book one just calls HHonors with the certificate id #s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.