Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 9, 14, 12:14 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: Domat
There is a version of the card that gives $100 statement credit for a Hilton stay in first 3 months. Now working: http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...3345FA5C59BCBE
$100 credit still working

Also working is:
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...lt.htm?BT_TX=1

Quote:
When will I receive my free nights?
my two free nights have been emailed to me. they are sent roughly 7 days after the statement after the spend is met. you have to call in to make your reservations. i was also told that you need to take the reward certificate with you on the stay.

Quote:
so the 2-browser trick is dead. can we still apply two HH Reserve card every 65 days, with same HH #, and get four certificates?
One person (post #458 of this thread) has reported getting a second HH Reserve card as well as the free night certificates.

You can still get as many as you want of the Citi Hilton 50k cards (except that CITI only allows two cards of any type every 60-65 days).

Quote:
Can you get the anniversary free night bonus without paying the annual fee, or do you get the free night bonus only if you hit $10,000 in charges AND renew?
You have to renew. They are taking a long time to send out the renewal free night certs (reports are they just started going out, and the card was launched in late July 2012), so chances are you won't receive it before the payment for your statement with the annual fee is due

Quote:
Terms and conditions for the free nights
Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, and I don't think there are any blackout nights (beyond the normal HHonors program rules). Here is the description from the Cert as well as the T&C's:

Description: You've received this reward certificate because you've met the purchase requirements with your Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card. This reward is valid for one complimentary weekend night for a standard room at participating hotels worldwide, subject to availability. This reward is not valid at All-Inclusive or Distinctive properties and cannot be combined with the 5th Night Free benefit or other promotions. Please visit HHonors.com/weekendcertificate to see a list of excluded properties.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As with any HHonors Reward, this Reward Certificate is subject to all HHonors Terms & Conditions on participation, use, and redemption, posted at http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/terms.do. The hotel stay received with this Hotel Reward Certificate shall be treated as a Hotel Reward Stay, as defined in the Terms & Conditions, except Points & Money, Premium Room and Room Upgrade Rewards cannot be used with this Certificate.

HOTEL REWARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Reward Certificate is not transferable after issued and may be redeemed only by the individual named thereon, consistent with HHonors Terms & Conditions. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward Certificate attempts to redeem it, the Certificate will be deemed void and accommodations will be denied.
2. Reward Certificate may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered or purchased except with the express written consent of Hilton HHonors. Any Reward Certificate obtained in this manner by any person or entity will be considered to be fraudulently obtained and will be deemed void if transferred for cash or other consideration. Altered Reward Certificates are void and will not be honored.
3. Reward Certificate may not be combined with other certificates, discounts, packages or promotional offers, or Hotel Reward stays beyond Standard Room Rewards, unless otherwise specified in writing by Hilton HHonors.
4. Reward Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Reward Certificate is not exchangeable.
5. Reward Certificate will not be replaced, reissued or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed.
6. Reward Certificate is void if copied, prohibited or restricted by law.
7. HHonors members will not earn points or miles for Hotel Reward stays, unless otherwise stated on the Reward Certificate.
8. Reward Certificate expires on the date noted on the face of the Reward Certificate.
9. Reward Certificate must be redeemed in strict accordance with the procedures specified on the certificate.
10. For the purpose of Certificate redemption, a weekend night is defined as a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, unless specified otherwise on the Reward Certificate.
11. Reward Certificate applies to the room rate and tax of one standard room at a participating hotel and as further provided on the Certificate. A "Standard room" is as defined by the hotel. Any tax liability incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of this Certificate, including, but not limited to, local or city occupancy taxes, or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the user. Incidental charges are the responsibility of the user.
12. Reward Certificate usage is limited to Double Occupancy. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges.
13. Reward Certificate reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card. Some hotels may require a deposit in lieu of a credit card guarantee. Deposits cannot be waived for Reward Certificate reservations. Reward Certificate reservations that are cancelled outside of the time frame set by the hotel's individual cancellation policy will be charged one night's room and tax at the hotel's minimum rate for that date.
14. Reward Certificate is valid for the number of nights noted under the description on the face of the Certificate. If the Certificate is valid for more than one night, all nights must be used and the Certificate redeemed for a single stay that includes up to all Certificate nights. The Certificate cannot be broken down and/or redeemed for more than one stay. Any unused nights will be forfeited and will not be replaced or credited.
15. No credit or substitutions will be given for any Reward Certificate including those that are only partially used.
16. Promotional Rewards are for Standard Rooms only.
17. Hotel stays resulting from Reward Certificate are non-commissionable to travel agents.
18. Recipients of Reward Certificate may be required to sign a release of liability and a statement permitting the use of their name and/or photo for promotional purposes without additional compensation.

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 31, 12, 12:00 pm   #91
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer View Post
What if you already have the other citi hilton card?
Wife got approved for Hilton Reserve card. She already has the no annual fee Hilton card. Just make sure you do not have max credit w/Citi.
chemist661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 12, 1:14 pm   #92

Programs: A3 *G; BR *G; AA Gold; HH Diamond; SPG Gold
Certificates received in the email

Quote:
Originally Posted by geclub1 View Post
Applied using two browser approach for the new HHonors Reserve card and the regular HHonors Visa Signature card and got instant approvals for both. Credit limit on the Reserve card is 50% higher than the Visa Signature card.

Just checked Equifax and only 1 credit inquiry.
The two one-night weekend certificates have been received today, 9/21/12.
To re-cap:
applied and instant approval 7/26;
card received ~8/6;
$2500 spend met at statement close on 9/5;
certificates received 9/21;
expiration date: 9/21/2013.

Last edited by geclub1; Sep 21, 12 at 1:25 pm.
geclub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 12, 2:25 pm   #93

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,
@Geclub. Can you try booking the AW in Maui? Would love to hear success/failure on that before dipping to Citi from AMEX surpass.
Old Sep 21, 12, 2:28 pm   #94

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreid View Post
@Geclub. Can you try booking the AW in Maui? Would love to hear success/failure on that before dipping to Citi from AMEX surpass.
Seems to be the big question -- I think you means "WA," though -- the Grand Wailea, a Waldorf-Astoria.
lkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 2:25 am   #95

Was wondering if anyone is getting this msg when trying to add the credit card to an existing citi online profile.

The account number you've entered can't be linked to this Account Online User ID at this time. Please register this account using a separate User ID. To do this, you'll need to sign off, return to the home page and select Register.
jasonz9238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 11:44 am   #96
dw

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonz9238 View Post
Was wondering if anyone is getting this msg when trying to add the credit card to an existing citi online profile.

The account number you've entered can't be linked to this Account Online User ID at this time. Please register this account using a separate User ID. To do this, you'll need to sign off, return to the home page and select Register.
The consensus seems to be that people are unable to add the account to an existing Citi Account Online profile that has been set up for credit cards only; however people have been able to add it to banking profiles.
dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 7:19 pm   #97

I added mine to my citi account online and I only have credit cards, no checking.
Old Sep 28, 12, 8:33 pm   #98

For the same fee, ritz carlton is a better deal
unfrequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 8:36 pm   #99

If your existing Citi CC profile is just AA cards, you can't add the HH to it.
Stoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 12, 12:17 pm   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreid View Post
One should be able to.

From the terms and conditions:

"Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts that do not offer standard rooms are excluded."

https://www.accountonline.com/ACQ/Di...F_CODE=&AAPID=

The Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, offers standard room rewards at 80k per night.

Even if you couldn't book it, the two free nights are worth 100,000 at a category 7 property, which is much better than the sign up bonus Surpass offers.
NauticalWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 12, 12:24 pm   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer View Post
For the same fee, ritz carlton is a better deal
The Chase Ritz Carlton card has a $395 fee versus $95 for the Citi Hilton.

Am I missing something?
NauticalWheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 3:29 am   #102
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Marriott: Silver, Starwood: Gold, Hyatt: Platinum, Virgin America: Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by geclub1 View Post
The two one-night weekend certificates have been received today, 9/21/12.
To re-cap:
applied and instant approval 7/26;
card received ~8/6;
$2500 spend met at statement close on 9/5;
certificates received 9/21;
expiration date: 9/21/2013.
You received the certificate by email, correct?
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 9:44 am   #103

Programs: A3 *G; BR *G; AA Gold; HH Diamond; SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
You received the certificate by email, correct?
Correct.
geclub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 12, 12:01 pm   #104

I received my certs -- 3 weeks after statement close. Called citi to ask them to expedite. Not sure it mattered.

And I can confirm I was able to use them at Grand Wailea. I actually used them to rebook an existing weekend points reservation there, so the certs enabled me to recredit 160,000 points. Definitely one of the best credit card signups I have had.
Old Oct 6, 12, 3:09 pm   #105

Programs: Hyatt Diamond & SPG Plat
I received my certain a week after my statement close.