Citi AA $150.00 Statement Credit

Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by starbucksisgood1
how long after you make an AA purchase does the $150 credit show up on the statement?
If you have the AA Visa, on the statement where the AA purchase shows up (once that statement closes).

If you have the AA Amex, and your valid AA purchase posted as "AA AIR" instead of "AMERICAN AIRLINES", then the $150 credit may not show up for many months later, and only after endless followup phone calls. (Of course, that issue may have since been cleared up, but it certainly affected a number of us a few months back.)
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you have the AA Visa, on the statement where the AA purchase shows up (once that statement closes).

If you have the AA Amex, and your valid AA purchase posted as "AA AIR" instead of "AMERICAN AIRLINES", then the $150 credit may not show up for many months later, and only after endless followup phone calls. (Of course, that issue may have since been cleared up, but it certainly affected a number of us a few months back.)
Thanks for the info, yeah mine says
" AA AIR T0013*****2 DALLAS" and I'm using the AMEX AA card. Ill wait till the months statement closes and see what happens.. Hopefully it does, if not calls or secured mails!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:27 pm

data point:
so my statement closed yesterday and the $150 appeared! No calls or emails needed on my part!
FYI: have the AA amex.
Purchase came up as: "AA AIR T00******** DALLAS"
Then statement credit showed up on the last day of cycle as: "Congrats! Merchant Spend Bonus -$150.00"

Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:38 pm

So, is it still ok to buy $150 in gift cards for the credit? Anybody had any issues lately? I applied for the offer with $150 credit on AA within 12 months of opening.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
I'm really glad I bought a beer on my last AA flight with my AA Amex.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Check your statement to verify if you get the credit. I used AA Visa (personal and business) for in-flight purchases (this was back in May 2013) and it didn't post the statement credit. I eventually got a $50 gift card from aa.com

Originally Posted by superflush
I'm really glad I bought a beer on my last AA flight with my AA Amex.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rambo
Check your statement to verify if you get the credit
The credit appeared on my account, and I had no idea why it was there. I googled for it and wound up on this thread. A nice surprise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.