Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Subscribe
Quote: Does anyone know if buying some chips on board would qualify as an AA billed charge, thereby triggering the $100 statement credit offered?

The T&C's don't specifically says that it doesn't, and if it did exclude it that would leave pretty much only airfare (copays and such inlcuded) abnd maybe baggage fees as the only available AA purchases.
When I was on an AA flight last week I tore off the 45K $100 statement credit offer page from AAmerican Way magazine. Upon reading the fine print, it does say the meal purchase onboard is qualified purchase. They exclude duty free purchase though.

Quote: I'm 99.9% certain she/they have confused this 2 AC day passes bonus of the regular card with the AC membership benefit of the Executive card.

I will call back in a couple weeks to inquire about the passes again, hopefully by then the CSR's are a little more up to date. Or perhaps they'll just mail out the passes when the statement in which I hit my spending requirement for the miles closes -- which will happen in less than a couple of weeks for me.
I agree with you. They confuse the new offers with the Executive card.

The AC passes might be mailed out directly from AA and may take a while. AA occasionally sent out free passes to drum up business anyway. Both husband and me got a day pass with expiration date a while back just for us to try the club.
Quote: Question about the offer: do you get the AA lounge passes instantly? When you get your AA Citi card? Or how long does it take to receive them?
I applied for the better $150 statement offer on Oct 27 and just got the cards yesterday. I called the CSR line and the woman I spoke to said the AC vouchers will get mailed to me in about 4-5 weeks. We'll see if they show up. She too had to put me on hold for a few minutes to ask around but she seemed pretty sure about that.
First-time cardmember? Am I qualified?
Can anyone tell me if I'm qualified for the offer?
I applied for the VISA 75k offer last summer and now I'd like to apply for the AMEX to get 50k.
But on the application it states that "This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for first-time Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers".

If I apply for the AAdvantage AMEX while I already have AAdvantage VISA, am I still considered as a first-time cardmember?
Quote: If I apply for the AAdvantage AMEX while I already have AAdvantage VISA, am I still considered as a first-time cardmember?
Probably not. You most likely will have to wait about 18 months from your Visa application. (You're getting close, and as this is not a firm rule, it might work out.) See the expired 75k AA thread for details on history.

You would probably be approved for a business Visa card tho.
I got burned on the 75K biz offer (called out for no documentation of sole proprietorship). How are you guys getting so lucky to not have to provide docs?
Quote: I got burned on the 75K biz offer (called out for no documentation of sole proprietorship). How are you guys getting so lucky to not have to provide docs?
Utility bill and any other bill showing proof of residence should suffice. You might be able to get a business checking at local banks too depending on the requirements
Quote: I got burned on the 75K biz offer (called out for no documentation of sole proprietorship). How are you guys getting so lucky to not have to provide docs?
I applied for the 50k offer yesterday and got an approval email today without providing anything. Also applied for the 75k offer last year and didn't have to provide any docs.

Could be based on overall credit, info provided on the application, and/or past relationship with Citi? I've had 4 or 5 prior Citi Biz cards. One as a sole prop and a few with a corporate name & EIN (all were closed before the 2 most recent apps). I don't think I was ever asked to provide any documentation.
Quote: Probably not. You most likely will have to wait about 18 months from your Visa application. (You're getting close, and as this is not a firm rule, it might work out.) See the expired 75k AA thread for details on history.

You would probably be approved for a business Visa card tho.
Thanks for your reply. It's already 15 months after my VISA application. To play safe, I'll wait few more months to apply for the AMEX card. Hopefully, Citi is going to extend their bonus offer.
Quote: Thanks for your reply. It's already 15 months after my VISA application. To play safe, I'll wait few more months to apply for the AMEX card. Hopefully, Citi is going to extend their bonus offer.
My last successful AAdvantage VISA application was 13 months after my previously successful AAdvantage VISA application.

I now have 2 AAdvantage VISAs (i.e. didn't quit the old one prior to applying for the newer one)

So... YMMV. If you can afford the inquiry (i.e. you aren't a habitual churner who has to keep closely monitor this), then no harm in trying. If it doesn't work out, 60 days hence will be 17 months, and you can try again then (or wait 90 days and make it 18 months).

Of course, if you're going to apply for the VISA. Make sure you also apply for the AMEX as well, and on the same day so the two inquiries merge into one (you don't increase your risk -- if both denied for 'you are not a first time card member', your cost is still only one inquiry, but, your potential reward is now doubled).
Quote: My last successful AAdvantage VISA application was 13 months after my previously successful AAdvantage VISA application.

I now have 2 AAdvantage VISAs (i.e. didn't quit the old one prior to applying for the newer one)

So... YMMV. If you can afford the inquiry (i.e. you aren't a habitual churner who has to keep closely monitor this), then no harm in trying. If it doesn't work out, 60 days hence will be 17 months, and you can try again then (or wait 90 days and make it 18 months).

Of course, if you're going to apply for the VISA. Make sure you also apply for the AMEX as well, and on the same day so the two inquiries merge into one (you don't increase your risk -- if both denied for 'you are not a first time card member', your cost is still only one inquiry, but, your potential reward is now doubled).
That's such a great advice. Thanks a lot.
Tried my 3rd business AA card (did the first 2 with 75K) but got the "further processing is required" line... *crosses fingers*. Did it after canceling and waiting 91+ days from my last approval.
Would buying an AA gift card from the AA site qualify for the 150 statement credit?
Quote: Would buying an AA gift card from the AA site qualify for the 150 statement credit?
The T/C excludes car rentals, hotel reservations, American Airlines VacationSM packages, purchases of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, duty-free purchases, and AA CargoSM products and services but does not mention anything about the gift cards. So it might work. Please try and let us know.
Quote: Tried my 3rd business AA card (did the first 2 with 75K) but got the "further processing is required" line... *crosses fingers*. Did it after canceling and waiting 91+ days from my last approval.
Well got denied: "Too many recent credit inquiries were recorded on your credit report."

I have been applying for a bunch of recent credit cards... so... completely understandable (6/21 Chase Sapphire, 7/30 AMEX SPG Business, 8/1 Citi AA Business, 8/19 AMEX SPG Personal which were all approved). Oh well!

Reading about the reconsideration line for Citi seems like any fight is futile.
Quote: Well got denied: "Too many recent credit inquiries were recorded on your credit report."

I have been applying for a bunch of recent credit cards... so... completely understandable (6/21 Chase Sapphire, 7/30 AMEX SPG Business, 8/1 Citi AA Business, 8/19 AMEX SPG Personal which were all approved). Oh well!

Reading about the reconsideration line for Citi seems like any fight is futile.
My experience with Citi new application department has been good so far. You may want to give it a try and explain your situation. here are the #s

Consumer Cards: 888-201-4523 (7AM-7PM Central, Mon to Fri)
CitiBusiness Cards: 800-288-4653 8:00AM-8:00PM EST
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  16  56  106