Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by kelly001
To do the two browser trick, do I need to apply for one card (say Personal Visa) from URL #1 offer and the second card (Personal AmEx) from URL #2 offer? Or can I apply for the Personal Visa and Personal AmEx in the same URL?
Same link should be fine. Pick the one you like best, and do one Visa and one Amex.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:16 am

Expired, No landing page, but still working

1. $150 statement credit for the first eligible AA purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership, 50k miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months, 2 AC passes

Links:

Visa (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Amex (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033
Visa (Business): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006
This seems to be the best offer....Does this offer still work and are there any foreign transaction fees with this card? thanks
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Manila Flyer
This is a "saga" and it's "weird" that you didn't get two pieces of mail on the same day? This might be a wee bit overly dramatic.
Mayby a little dramatitic but still weird - also it was based on more than 1 mail delivery.

The Visa and the AMEX have been different at every step.
1) AMEX Instant approval, Visa needed online chat
2) Recevied welcome email for Visa, none for AMEX
3) Recevied snail mail welcome for Visa, none for AMEX

It is as if the AMEX doesn't exist. That said, it has only been a week but leading indicators make me feel uncomforatbe.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bmw303
This seems to be the best offer....Does this offer still work and are there any foreign transaction fees with this card? thanks
they all work and the offers are mind blowing but it has FT fee.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmw303
are there any foreign transaction fees with this card?
There is the standard 3% forex fee for all Citi AA cards, except for the one with the $400ish annual fee I think. But unless you do over $13k a year in foreign transcations, it's not likely to be worth the very high annual fee on that one for that feature alone.

Since your profile shows you stay at Hyatts, I would recommend you get the Chase Hyatt card that has 0% forex and use that for foreign transactions.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileshound
Mayby a little dramatitic but still weird - also it was based on more than 1 mail delivery.

The Visa and the AMEX have been different at every step.
1) AMEX Instant approval, Visa needed online chat
2) Recevied welcome email for Visa, none for AMEX
3) Recevied snail mail welcome for Visa, none for AMEX

It is as if the AMEX doesn't exist. That said, it has only been a week but leading indicators make me feel uncomforatbe.
You are too nervous.

The Visa and AMEX never has the same rhythm so to speak. They dont even have same retention offer for the same cardholder.

AMEX by banks other than AMEX itself, are operated differently than the Visa or Mastercharge due to their original history (how these products were established.)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimmy1
they all work and the offers are mind blowing but it has FT fee.
They are? It's 50k - nice but hardly mind blowing.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
New to Citi cards, and new to AA..

I thought there was a 75K per card bonus last year.. is that likely to occur again? or was that a glitch that's probably never repeated?
(note I'm not asking if 75K will regularly come back again, but since i'm new to AA stuff, i'm asking if the 75K was a glitch / once in a life time type thing)

Also, by getting the 100K points. .does that make you Executive Platinum for the year?

Thanks!

Last edited by vmsea; Apr 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by vmsea
New to Citi cards, and new to AA..

I thought there was a 75K per card bonus last year.. is that likely to occur again? or was that a glitch that's probably never repeated?
(note I'm not asking if 75K will regularly come back again, but since i'm new to AA stuff, i'm asking if the 75K was a glitch / once in a life time type thing)

Thanks!
Last year, both 75K and 100K were available.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Also, by getting the 100K points. .does that make you Executive Platinum for the year?

Thanks!
That'll be so sweet!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
Last year, both 75K and 100K were available.
True. but were these ever seen before? come up regularly?
or like HOlY @%#! grandma type thing?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
It was a legitimate offer that stayed "alive" months after it expired. Prior to that, there was a similar 100k offer.
No. You'll probably want to read up on the AA program before you apply and end up with a pile of miles you can't effectively use.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by allanfan
That'll be so sweet!
AA Executive Plat is reached by flying not charging. The $450 card does give you 10k EQM's after charging $40,000 but that still would not get you near Exec Plat.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:31 pm

Alrighty. I guess it's better to just wait after the April 30th expiration of the current 50K deals and see if 75/100K strikes again..
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:46 pm
Suspended

this looks better with 150 credit and club passes and more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.