Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT youll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- its from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please dont call Citi for the passes, because youll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I dont have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, youll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what wont, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
Theres a very good chance that itll be coded as a cash advance.
Its recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old May 22, 2013, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by jk2
My experience as well - bought $50 e-GC, got $150 credit (when such offer for CC was available). Retrieved the card as soon as it became available. Month later I noticed a reversed charge on my AA Visa. Tried to open a eGC again and got a message "not available".

I didn't call AA to require what happened, but I'm not happy (even I still have a statement credit), since I applied for the card with higher spending requirement ($5K instead $2.5K) and less amount of miles (45K instead of 50K). Did anybody call to inquire why did AA cancel eGCs?
I had my gift card purchase reversed just last week. I emailed and they said it was because they had a problem verifying some information on the card. It was extremely vague and didn't make much sense. I haven't inquired further.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: AA, UAL
It seems we have reached max. #pages for this thread. Probably mods can do the needful?

Cheers!
Old May 22, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by jk2

I didn't call AA to require what happened, but I'm not happy (even I still have a statement credit), since I applied for the card with higher spending requirement ($5K instead $2.5K) and less amount of miles (45K instead of 50K). Did anybody call to inquire why did AA cancel eGCs?
No offence intended, but I don't follow. Doesn't that mean that you got a $150 credit for free? What am I missing?
Old May 22, 2013, 1:58 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by jatink129
No offence intended, but I don't follow. Doesn't that mean that you got a $150 credit for free? What am I missing?
Technically, yes, but Citi can reverse a credit statement as well (time will show).
Old May 22, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Technically, yes, but Citi can reverse a credit statement as well (time will show).
that's always a possibility but i don't think there have been any reports of a reversal yet (i could be wrong) and there have been a lot of reports of refunds...
Old May 22, 2013, 8:37 pm

Updated the WIKI with the most current working links.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Datapoint - $50K plat visa

This offer still alive. applied last week and received instant approval. Currently have open both a Visa and Amex. Been >18 months since last app. CSR had to put me on hold while she "did some math" then came back to say I was approved.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:54 am

Thanks. There was only one link left in that first post that worked. I appreciate you adding the lower level promotions to the list as well.
Old May 23, 2013, 9:16 am

Are all of these cards independent of each other for miles reward purposes? In other words, if I was authorized for one of these Citi AA cards 3 months ago and I received the bonus, and I apply today for a different Citi AA card and am authorized, will I receive the rewards bonus on the second card as well?
Old May 23, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Citi AA personal plat MC, 35K/$1,500

AA.com/lovethejourney
Old May 23, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Citi AA personal plat MC, 35K/$1,500

AA.com/lovethejourney
Thanks. I'll add it. But the WIKI can be edited by anyone, and as such, you could have added it yourself.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:12 am

I applied for 2x personal visa with 75K bonus in 9/11. I cancelled both the cards late last year. I just applied for personal visa again using the first link with 50K bonus and got instant approval.

Can I apply for a MC using one of the links above after a few days and get approved for another card? I know I will have to wait for ~65 days after that before applying for Biz card.

Thanks.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by koolr
I applied for 2x personal visa with 75K bonus in 9/11. I cancelled both the cards late last year. I just applied for personal visa again using the first link with 50K bonus and got instant approval.

Can I apply for a MC using one of the links above after a few days and get approved for another card? I know I will have to wait for ~65 days after that before applying for Biz card.

Thanks.
Based on the rules (laid out in the WIKI!!), you should.
But whether you will or not, is dependent on other factors, such as number of inquiries and number of cards you already have and amount of credit that's already been extended to you.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:35 am

Many of us on this forum already have:

1. personal 50k Platinum Select Visa and

2. personal 30k Gold Advantage World Mastercard.

Now, I see thare is also

3. personal 35k Platinum Select World Mastercard.

So, assuming you already have #1, and you meet the 60+ day rule, can you get #3? Or since both are "Platinum," will they reject you for #3?

Any guesses?
Old May 23, 2013, 11:44 am

Based on the rules (laid out in the WIKI!!), you should.
But whether you will or not, is dependent on other factors, such as number of inquiries and number of cards you already have and amount of credit that's already been extended to you.
Thanks, jatin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.