Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT youll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- its from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please dont call Citi for the passes, because youll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I dont have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, youll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what wont, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
Theres a very good chance that itll be coded as a cash advance.
Its recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by SnoopDaddy
can anyone confirm if these personal links work at all whether or not someone is targetted?
If you're chasing 'Million Miler', I don't think there's really enough time to wait for confirmation, you can try the OP's link, or just use the best offer out there with a landing page, which IMO is:

fly6.citicards.com

The differences are, OP offer gives $100 (which is nice) and a companion certificate (useless, imo). fly6 offer gives 2 Admiral Club passes. AA sells them for $50 a piece, whether they're worth that to you is up to you. Both offers give 50,000 miles.

My hunch is OP offer is good, but, I nonetheless went with fly6 given I want the sure thing for boosting my Million Miler balance prior to Nov 30th, and thus was more concerned with getting the miles (which as stated are equivalent). I'll give the Admiral Club passes away as Christmas presents (since I've got an annual membership).
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:08 pm

I received an email for the aadvantage business card 40k visa and 40k mastercard. Would I be able to apply for both the visa 50k visa and 40k mastercard at the same time similar to the personal applications?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
$150 off, 50k, 2 Admirals Club one day passes

Received the below offer today, but when I click on the link it doesn't show me the offer details in application. This is the first time I am applying for Citi AA and want to make sure the will honor the offer..

• One time $150 statement credit for the first eligible American Airlines purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership
  • Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership2 — enough for two domestic round-trip flight awards
  • Two Admirals Club one day passes for complimentary access to over 40 Admirals Clubs worldwide upon enrollment as a cardmember

Is this worth applying ? If I apply for both visa and amex what are the chances of getting approved and will it count as two hits ?

Visa (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Amex (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033

Last edited by dongrilla; Oct 26, 2011 at 6:14 pm
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by dongrilla
Received the below offer today, but when I click on the link it doesn't show me the offer details in application. This is the first time I am applying for Citi AA and want to make sure the will honor the offer..

• One time $150 statement credit for the first eligible American Airlines purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership
  • Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership2 enough for two domestic round-trip flight awards
  • Two Admirals Club one day passes for complimentary access to over 40 Admirals Clubs worldwide upon enrollment as a cardmember

Is this worth applying ? If I apply for both visa and amex what are the chances of applying and will it count as two hits ?
If you can hit the spend, that seems to be the best offer out there at the moment. Perhaps you can post the link?

As for the inquiries, if it they are both personal apps and done on the same day, they should combine as only 1 inquiry. At least that is what happened for me and most others with the 75k apps.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dongrilla

• Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership2 enough for two domestic round-trip flight awards

Is this worth applying ? If I apply for both visa and amex what are the chances of getting approved and will it count as two hits ?

Visa (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
Amex (Personal): https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033
When does this offer end?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:04 pm

these links always make me a bit cautious because you can never verify the offer before applying. anyone know if the $150 statement credit links that were posted are valid? or is there a way to verify?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

these links always make me a bit cautious because you can never verify the offer before applying. anyone know if the $150 statement credit links that were posted are valid? or is there a way to verify?
My daughter received the same offer so I can verify the validity of the links posted by dongrilla. Just as mentioned with the 75k offers, there is some level of faith required as no landing page exists for these offers. That thread proved quite successful for many people so I would feel pretty confident with these offers as well.

Actually, my daughter's offer included a business (VISA) link as given below:

https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I got the American Business Visa Offer until 10/31

$50 statement credit

No Annual Fee

40K for $1000 in 4 months

10K additional for spending 5K in 6 months.

I got turned down last year on the 75K offer as they said I was a previous cardholder, I'm going to try again next month as I'm not sure if I ever had a AA Business Visa .

Can someone please forward a copy of this email promotion? not a link but the actual email from citi AA.

thanks!

Last edited by philemer; Oct 27, 2011 at 9:27 pm Reason: removed personal info
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:46 pm

When you call to activate the card ask them what your signup bonus is, if you don't like it ( not the offer you thought you were getting) then just cancel the card and you use a credit pull but it's better than spending the $2500 and then get nothing for it
Old Oct 27, 2011, 6:22 pm

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
http://www.2shared.com/document/-C_5...s_Club_on.html is the email received

Btw, got approved for both the cards instantly.. called application status (1-888-201-4523) and got the offer details confirmed
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:38 pm

landing page for 50,000 miles, $150 statement credit, 2 admiral club passes offer:

http://www.away7.citicards.com or http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...37AB7AA78D7016
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
landing page for 50,000 miles, $150 statement credit, 2 admiral club passes offer:

http://www.away7.citicards.com or http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...37AB7AA78D7016
Thanks for the link! Too bad these don't have the free companion certificate. It would have been nice to be able to book a flight to Hawaii and get a friend to go for free.

Last edited by fr33b13; Oct 27, 2011 at 10:31 pm
Old Oct 28, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by samdori

Amazing. That away7 landing page must be quite new. When I just applied under the fly6 landing page a couple weeks ago, I had tried fly0 to fly9 as well as away0 to away9. Certainly never came across that offer at the time, and had to settle for fly6. It has everything of the away7 offer except for the $150...well fly6 requires $500 less spending, but... 'big... deal'.

At any rate, good find. Definitely the most solid offer since the demise of the 75,000 offers.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 4:23 am

I did multiple business cards (2) and was hoping to get to #3 before the links on the other thread died. In keeping with the post #2 of that thread, I cancelled the business card and was waiting 90+ days to apply again. Anyone try that with these links?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
deleted

Last edited by TheBOSman; Oct 29, 2011 at 8:48 am Reason: deleted

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.