Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT youll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- its from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please dont call Citi for the passes, because youll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I dont have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, youll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what wont, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
Theres a very good chance that itll be coded as a cash advance.
Its recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by saacman5033
The note in the email said no minimum fare restrictions apply but I am still a bit skeptical as well. I'm expecting to make my next set of applications in the second week of OCT so I'll be trying to get AA to give me a disclosure of the companion cert terms by then.
Yeah, but there's a difference between "no minimum fare" and "no class restrictions".

Here's a T&C from a 2010 version of the cert:
http://www.aa.com/content/images/eSu..._V06_Legal.htm

Travel must be booked in H V M L K or W inventory with a minimum fare of $299 per passenger.
If they've just dropped the fare restriction, you still have cases where, for example, the cheapest fare is an S or Q fare at $198 roundtrip, and the cheapest HVMLKW fare is $459.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
Yeah, but there's a difference between "no minimum fare" and "no class restrictions".

Here's a T&C from a 2010 version of the cert:
http://www.aa.com/content/images/eSu..._V06_Legal.htm

If they've just dropped the fare restriction, you still have cases where, for example, the cheapest fare is an S or Q fare at $198 roundtrip, and the cheapest HVMLKW fare is $459.
I had seen that link as well and it's interesting to note that those terms and conditions were very specific on the eligible fare buckets while this one had no mention of fare buckets. As mentioned, I am skeptical but also optimistic at the lack of mention of fare buckets.

I have opened dialogue with AA on this and will report back when I get more details.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:15 pm

Yes, the links are from the email offer I received. Same thing goes for the links in the 75k thread (though the links there did not come from me), they are links originally targeted through email. This is the reason there is no landing page for these offers as the email serves as the landing page.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you said. I thought you said your links were the same as jcmitchell21's links (as in your links were for the 75,000 points). I see now that you meant I should be able to use your links just like I was able to use jcmitchell21's links.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Another possibility. I received this link via snail mail sometime during the past 3 weeks while I was away. Not sure if its targeted.

Citi AA Visa Business 35000/$1000 in 4 months, 10000 more/5000 in 6 months, no fee first year/one $50 credit with AA purchase https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...8CA1A23E097B1D
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

I have opened dialogue with AA on this and will report back when I get more details.
Well, no further details to report... I basically got the run around with AA and Citi with AA finally telling me that they have no access to the certificates and that I will just have to wait til I get my cert to see the terms. Anyway, just got back from a long trip and was hoping to apply for one of this offer and one of the 75k but I will instead be applying for two of these tomorrow.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:03 am

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...2EC5921A2B2AED

Here is a link for 50K miles with $2,500 spend in 4 months for Visa, Amex, Biz. This came from Million Mile Secrets. What a great blog.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:45 pm

I Would like to know if somebody has used the link mentioned in Post #1, (without receiving himself the offer), applied for any of the cards (I am interested in the business card) and received the miles and other benefits. Since the 75,000 miles link is now dead, this is the best offer I've seen. Please let me know if any have success with this link.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by swat16
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...2EC5921A2B2AED

Here is a link for 50K miles with $2,500 spend in 4 months for Visa, Amex, Biz. This came from Million Mile Secrets. What a great blog.
These have a couple Admirals club day passes too.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:30 am
Suspended

For someone who uses AA miles for domestic coach awards, I'd say this offer looks superior to the 75k offers.

Agreed, unless you were still shooting for million miler status.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:00 pm

So if I already applied for the 75k offer with a Visa, is there any chance of me applying for the American Express offer with this link and getting the bonus 50k?
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mindbowels
So if I already applied for the 75k offer with a Visa, is there any chance of me applying for the American Express offer with this link and getting the bonus 50k?
It depends on when you applied for that Visa. For this offer I would say all general advice in jcmitchell21's famous "Post #2" would apply.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14386923-post2.html
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:10 pm

It depends on when you applied for that Visa. For this offer I would say all general advice in jcmitchell21's famous "Post #2" would apply.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14386923-post2.html
Bummer. Applied back in January. Sound like I'm out of luck?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Anyway, just got back from a long trip and was hoping to apply for one of this offer and one of the 75k but I will instead be applying for two of these tomorrow.
Well, I just received denials on both apps for this card. It had only been 15 months since my last apps but I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones to get in earlier than 18 months seeing as I received this offer. Anyway, if anyone else applies for this offer, let us know if there are any terms on the certificate not mentioned in the linked T&C.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Here's one that looks open to everyone:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...t/citiVisa.jsp

40K points (30K @ $750 spend in 4 months 10K more @ $5K spend in 6 months)
$100 statement credit
2X points earned @ AA
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I received (via snail mail) an interesting variation on the offers the others posted earlier:

Citi Gold AAdvantage Visa Signature

1.) 35,000 AAdvantage miles after $1,000 spend in 4 months
2.) 10,000 AAdvantage miles upon renewing card at 1-yr. anniversary
3.) 3x miles on all American Airlines purchases for 12 months
4.) 2 One-Day AC Passes
5.) One-Time $100 statement credit on the first American Airlines purchase
6.) Waived $50 annual fee for first year

Seems targeted, but I'll try to find if this is available online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.