Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Help in obtaining Citi AAvantage credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help in obtaining Citi AAvantage credit card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: marriott
Question Help in obtaining Citi AAvantage credit card

I have not been able to obtain approval for any AAvantage Citicard. (Visa, MC or Amex)
Has anyone recently had this problem?

I have had AAvantage cards in the past. The last card I cancelled in Dec.,2011.
Citi's original reason for non-approval of credit card was because I applied for new accounts only card.

So I applied for AAvantage card that did not say first time only and which was declined because "You have submitted multiple applications for credit". The Citibank supervisor could tell me how long I would have to wait before I can re-apply.
Does anyone know how I can appeal?
I have 800+ FICO and my wife was able to obtain a Citi AAvantage card even though she canclled her last card 12/2011 and applied for new accounts only card. She was declined for the new account only card but did receive approval on app that was not new only card.
Does Citi just not like me? Help?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jperini12
Has anyone recently had this problem?

I have had AAvantage cards in the past. The last card I cancelled in Dec.,2011.
Many people have experienced this. What matters is how recently you applied for a personal AA card, not how recently you cancelled. In my understanding the outcome of the application does not matter, meaning that your recently declined application restarts the 18-24 month clock. I suggest reading some of this thread, in particular post #2:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...t-2-first.html
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: marriott
Smile Help in obtaining Citi AAvantage credit card

Thank you Mia for the info. Posting #2 is very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.