Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by booyaa
Thanks.

Do they only move partial CLs from old cards? Or do they move (almost) entire CLs and cancel as well (a la Chase)?
They moved approx 80 % to an older card , and then added the entire CL to a new card and gave me 2 K more.

Bottom line is I have 29 K CL now, more than I did before.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Did not see where I posted I had 1-2 cards, but the 2 cards I had were AA not HH cards. Hope this helps
No, what I meant was if (let's assume) you had 2 of these cards already and you were to apply for a 3rd and 4th card, what explanation would you provide to Citi if asked why you need the additional 2 cards? You can't say anymore you're trying to split personal and business expenses because you already have 2 cards.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
No, what I meant was if (let's assume) you had 2 of these cards already and you were to apply for a 3rd and 4th card, what explanation would you provide to Citi if asked why you need the additional 2 cards? You can't say anymore you're trying to split personal and business expenses because you already have 2 cards.
I had one from a year ago and applied for two more. One approved, one declined. When asked why I needed two new cards I said "to split up business and personal expenses." They were fine with that. So, I think empirically I have shown your statement to be false.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:53 am

I applied and was approved about 2 weeks ago. I just got an email confirming a 40,000 point bonus with $1,000 spend in 4 months vs. the 50,000 and $1,500 spend.

I used the link from post 141 and it has no details on it. Am I SOL?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mileshound
I applied and was approved about 2 weeks ago. I just got an email confirming a 40,000 point bonus with $1,000 spend in 4 months vs. the 50,000 and $1,500 spend.

no you are not SOL, just spend the 2500 get the 90k bonus, cancel the cards after bonous posts, re apply for 2 more cards at least 65 days later than firt application, thses aren't like citi aa cards where you have to wait 18+ months, you can get them again and again, and again. Im on # 7 and 8
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:06 pm

Data point here...

2 browsers, 2 apps back to back... Step 3 processing... called application status number, after initial contact patched through to helpful rep in MD.

Without her prompting me, told her that I had put in 2 apps, to have separate tracking for business expenses. She said she'd work on 1st one to start, came back and spoke w/me about how much credit I needed on the cards. I said I wasn't that worried about amount, she offered to open one but would need to take some credit from another card for the other. No problem, and after more time for her to call for approval and a bit of time for her to finish processing, both approved.

Thanks to everyone here for all of the tips.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:09 pm

Hilton/Aadvantage

Is it correct that any Citi application must be 65 days apart, or just those for the same type of card? I'm assuming that it is likely safe to wait 65 days from Hilton apps, and given 18+months for Aadvantage have elapsed, then it's ok for another round of Aadvantage?
Thanks again
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker

I speaking for myself only , would never apply for 2 more cards of the the same cards , so I would not have to answer that question .

Having closed them and reapplying is a totally different thing . Changed your plans, find a new reason etc.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by thegent
Is it correct that any Citi application must be 65 days apart, or just those for the same type of card? I'm assuming that it is likely safe to wait 65 days from Hilton apps, and given 18+months for Aadvantage have elapsed, then it's ok for another round of Aadvantage?
Thanks again
There was a data point out there I read somewhere , that Citi will not allow more than 6 hard pulls in I believe 6 months prior to issuing any new cards

I am fortunate in that Cit pulls from EQ for my CR not Experiian
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:39 pm

Good info, thanks
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thegent
Is it correct that any Citi application must be 65 days apart, or just those for the same type of card?
This is a hard rule - 2 apps of any kind within 65-ish days.

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
There was a data point out there I read somewhere , that Citi will not allow more than 6 hard pulls in I believe 6 months prior to issuing any new cards
This is apparently not a hard rule - just a likely trend. Keep in mind "6 pulls" varies, as well. There was a recent report of 3, as I recall. And this is the kind of rejection that has the possibility of being reversed in reconsideration.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
So the firsts 2 links in post 468 will work, and I can do the 2 browser get both?

50X2 for 100K Hilton points since I don't have Hilton points seems like I should do that. But I want to do the SPG 30K offer, and trying to figure out if I could do min spend on all 3 with in the 6 months.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mileshound
Originally Posted by World-Wide
So the firsts 2 links in post 468 will work, and I can do the 2 browser get both?
Why post 141? Why post 468? The current verified working link is maintained in post 1! I have no clue what post 141 or post 468 might have, 99% of poeple here are using the link in post 1 and that's what they're reporting success about. IMHO use links from other posts at your own risk, since the links other posts are generally not kept up to date the way the link in post 1 is.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by World-Wide
Yes. I used the links in Post 468 10 days ago. Both cards in hand now, and 50K offer confirmed.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why post 141? Why post 468? The current verified working link is maintained in post 1! I have no clue what post 141 or post 468 might have, 99% of poeple here are using the link in post 1 and that's what they're reporting success about. IMHO use links from other posts at your own risk, since the links other posts are generally not kept up to date the way the link in post 1 is.
Since you have no clue on what these 2 posts are, may be you should read them first before jumping all over others?

Before you get all worked up and jumped in to criticize others using links outside post 1, wouldn't it be too much for you to just read the referred posts first so you can at least get an understanding of the "why"?

To be fair, the link in Post 1 is NOT updated as frequently as those in the AA thread. Are you maintaining the update? Obviously you are not. Please see the last date of update of Post 1 - it was Dec 5, 2011 when the link first stopped working and the OP was informed by the poster of Post 141 about the link not working and provided a new link. It even stated the new link was updated from Post 141!

I have followed this thread closely because the HHonor cards are in our plan but we are not ready until August because we have other cards have priority ahead of the Citi HHonor.

I can tell you how the links evolved.

Over the course of this year, it has reported several times the link in Post 1 NOT working from time to time. In fact Post 468 was a direct result of when link in Post 1 reportedly stopped working for a while, then the poster of Post 468 said he had been receiving invitations almost every few weeks and provided the fresh links.

And let me tell you my own experiences using the link in Post 1 - After I filled in all the details and click the continue button - the page refreshed, then instead of giving me a second screen (the screen to verify the data), the page just wiped out all the filled in data and back to a blank form instead of bringing up a new screen. This happened multiple times with different browsers. So I scrapped both apps and then used the links in Post 468 which i have written down as a fall back reference. I used the 2 that expired on June 30, both worked perfectly without glitch.

Seriously, have you actually READ Post 468 before making your post?

Please read Post 468 where michael_v has kindly provided the details of the links and the few posts above his, to understand WHY he made that post.

Finally, if the OP of Post 1 does not maintain the thread (only once), and other posters have pitched in to provide fresh links, we should appreciate the group effort, and not to bash others who use the more updated links.

Just to remind you, this is what Post 1 said - PAY ATTN TO THE LAST SENTENCE - that link is from Post 141! Now at least you know the current link in Post 1 is from Post 141.

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
Got a decent offer today for a 50,000 Citibank Hilton Visa card. No fee, 50k once you spend $1,500 within 6 months. Also, gives silver membership and fast track to gold after 6 stays within 90 days of card membership. I don't think its a targeted offer.

50k $1,500 within 6 months
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...BN3dPJB8bEAPl2
*Updated link (see post #141)

Last edited by Happy; Aug 17, 2012 at 9:21 pm Reason: Add info on exactly what links ued.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I thought someone mentioned use the links in post 468 that is why I said that. NVM if I decide I can meet the min spend on those 2 + the SPG 1 I will use the link in post 1 like you suggested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.