Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Fall 2012 Promotion: "Take two trips, earn one free night" Arr: 8/30 - 11/14/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2012 Promotion: "Take two trips, earn one free night" Arr: 8/30 - 11/14/12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Post Fall 2012 Promotion: "Take two trips, earn one free night" Arrivals 8/30 - 11/14/12

Received the email today:

Register now at ChoiceHotels.com to earn unlimited free nights

Book at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE and after your second qualifying stay with arrival between August 30 and November 14, 2012 you'll receive enough Choice Privileges® points to redeem for a FREE night at over 1,500 hotels

Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum members can book through ChoiceHotels.com, 800.4CHOICE, direct at a hotel, or a travel management company, however if booked through ChoiceHotels.com, these members will receive 100 additional Choice Privileges points with every qualifying stay

Stays at Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels must be a minimum of two consecutive nights
T & C:
Free night is based on an 8,000 point Choice Privileges® reward night level. Member must register at ChoiceHotels.com before arrival and book their stays at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates. Members may also book at a travel management company. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in. After a second qualifying stay with arrival between 8/30/12 and 11/14/12, you will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and maximum of 8,000 points, depending on how many points were earned from your two (2) separate qualified stays. These bonus points will allow redemption for a free night at the 8,000 reward night level at over 1,500 hotels. A free night at most Choice Privileges locations requires more than 8,000 points. Choice Privileges Diamond and Platinum members who book through ChoiceHotels.com will receive an additional 100 Choice Privileges bonus points with every qualified stay during the promotional period. For Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria Suites® or Ascend Hotel Collection™ hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is two (2) or more consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Allow 72 hours from check-out for points to post. You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible for this promotion. For Choice Privileges program details, eligible rates, eligible countries and point redemption rules, visit choiceprivileges.com.
Uncapped. Sweet. And I'm including the full t&c because it looks like there are a couple of bits that are new this round.

[I have no connection with ChoiceHotels.]

Last edited by Firewind; Aug 24, 2012 at 6:52 pm
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Same Old (New) Choice Promotion--with a New Name

And shall we make it three in a row? In the "Take Two Separate Trips, Earn One Night Free" promotion beginning August 30, stay at a Choice property in two separate trips through November 14, and get. . .wait, wait, wait--8000 points, ENOUGH FOR A FREE NIGHT AT 1500 PROPERTIES WORLDWIDE!

Actually, I'm pretty happy that they keep repeating this promotion--third straight, by the way, for a variation of stay twice, earn one free night--but I think my football analogy is now pretty accurate: same play, called with a bit of misdirection just before the snap so that it makes you think something else is coming.

I could not get a nonpersonalized registration link to post, but registration is live apparently.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yaay, they finally got rid of the confusing (to many) "any booking channel" verbage and actually spelled out the specific ways that elites can book! ^

And they actually spelled out the 5,000 point minimum ahead of time (previuoosy we only knew that from followup individual questions to Choice).

And the "online booking bonus" for elites is new too.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
... Members may also book at a travel management company. ...
Any member.

Let the ???s begin re what's a "travel management company".
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And they actually spelled out the 5,000 point minimum ahead of time (previuoosy we only knew that from followup individual questions to Choice).
The 5000 point minimum may be old hat, but I remember you and I and probably others calculating that, if we stayed at a place that was expensive enough, we got nothing. The result was that the incentive was to stay at the cheapest places possible.

Maybe they figured that out.

As it stands now, no matter where you stay or how much you pay, you get at least 5000 points. So, it's not as good as the 3X/16K they ran a couple of years ago, but still not too shabby.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Not as lucrative, but more broadly applicable (or exploitable, so to speak?).
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:18 am

They finally cleared up the T&Cs with not just the 5,000 point minimum (great to hear BTW), but also spelling out which channels diamonds and plats can book through. Also nice to see the 100 point bonus for booking at choicehotels.com for diamonds and plats. Not a lot, but it's a small incentive to book there rather than through the hotel directly.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Any member.

Let the ???s begin re what's a "travel management company".
First, I'm not sure if it's really any member. The announcement and the T&Cs seem to disagree on that.

Second, if you don't know what a "travel management company" is, you aren't using one.

(It's a thing used in corporate circles. It's not something avialable to individuals AFAIK.)
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:46 am

Hmmmm

Interesting. I'm Diamond. I've neither received an e-mail for this promotion nor do I see any link on the website.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
First, I'm not sure if it's really any member. The announcement and the T&Cs seem to disagree on that.

Second, if you don't know what a "travel management company" is, you aren't using one.

(It's a thing used in corporate circles. It's not something avialable to individuals AFAIK.)
Not Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity? An old fashion travel agent?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Not Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity? An old fashion travel agent?
Something like that. It's corporate travel agents. Not sure if an indie travel agent would count or not (but who uses those any more?). Some companies contract with a corporate travel agent and require all their employees to book through them.

Of course, then there's smaller companies like mine who have an executive assistant book everything using Expedia. Yuck. That rules out people earning points (let alone bonujses) or getting status on company stays in many programs. (They probably do this because the company gets to keep the Expedia points?)
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: status-less.
http://ecrmctom.choicehotels.com/eme...36&t=000042704 appears to get you to the registration page.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Anyone have any experience with splitting up a longer stay between two people? For example, say we had a 4 night stay coming up at a hotel, and I booked Thur/Sat nights, and the Miss booked Fri/Sun. Would we both get the bonus? Would the hotel be inclined to prevent that from happening?

I've done this with a stay at a Radisson before and they had no problem, but these would be my first stays at a Choice hotel.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
A 2 night stay wouldn't be enough to have the bonus...
You should split your stay in 4 stays (Mr / Mrs / Mr / Mrs) but not sure the hotel would let you do that... one split maybe but 3...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
If you both have CP accounts, I don't see how the hotel can prevent you from doing this and both getting the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.