Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One (sale) that got away...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
One (sale) that got away...

Gah! This light lay under a hat in the Hotel Deals board with no life before it expired: Nordic Choice Club 50% off between June 22 and August 19. Had to be booked by 3/29. (Hat tip to al613, anyway...) Here now only because it may be a worthwhile program/website to keep an eye on...

http://connectorretail.no/choice/nyh...2735_2012.html

"The offer applies to all of our Clarion, Clarion Collection, Comfort, Quality and Quality Resort hotels in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Tallinn and Riga. ...must be booked between 26th and 29th March 2012..."

Does anyone know if reservations booked through this channel earn ChoicePrivileges credit? FT searches only turned up one hit on the Nordic Choice Club, when GUWonder made a general reference during a discussion of another topic, last year.

I do notice one of Nordic Choice Club's pages says,
"If you book online via our website, directly with the hotels, via Nordic Choice Hotels central booking, via ordinary travel agencies and business travel agencies, or if you are part of a conference/group, you will always earn bonus points."
http://www.choiceclub.net/CMSPage.as...D=29&TreeID=44

Would these be Choice Privileges points per se?

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 1, 2012 at 5:29 am
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I saw this sale and I would have written about it except for the fact that I couldn't find the sale rates when I searched hotels.

Nordic Choice is a separate program for Scandinavia and Baltic countries from Choice Privileges. Choice members in U.S. do not earn points for stays in the Nordic Choice membership region.

But Choice Privileges members can use points for hotel stays in these countries.

I analyzed the Nordic Choice loyalty program in September 2010 in this post and found some strategies for US members who spend time in Scandinavia and Baltic region to leverage the program for US stays.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks, satori.

Wow! The encomium I'm receiving after joining says there are 170 properties. I thought maybe 10, 15...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.