Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Hotels International CEO to appear in 'Undercover Boss' 9/26

Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member

LINK

The President and CEO of Choice Hotels International (Steve Joyce), one of the world's largest hotel chains, will be the first boss to make an undercover journey this fall when the second season premiere of UNDERCOVER BOSS airs Sunday, Sept. 26 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

[...]

During the premiere episode, Steve Joyce hits the frontlines of his own company, which includes such popular hotel franchises as Comfort Inn, EconoLodge, Quality Suites and Cambria Suites, and receives an exhausting, up-close look at the industry while manning the front desk, cleaning rooms, plunging toilets and working with a maintenance crew at the world's largest EconoLodge.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
If the late game is on CBS in your market on that date, you may want to set your DVR to record an extra hour or so. CBS runs its entire Sunday night schedule on a delayed basis after a late game.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
While manning the front desk, will he respond to any complaints about The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites® International Drive's additional fees?

"Daily Safe Fee: $1.69/night. To be paid upon arrival. Daily Surcharge of $3.11 per room per night."
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by sc flier
While manning the front desk, will he respond to any complaints about The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites® International Drive's additional fees?

"Daily Safe Fee: $1.69/night. To be paid upon arrival. Daily Surcharge of $3.11 per room per night."
That's hardly exclusive to that property - I've seen that fee at Comfort Inns as well.

This 'journey' should be really interesting - Choice has so many properties that are in real need of rennovation/ejection. IHG got the will to remove the low enders - maybe Choice should consider it as well.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by sc flier

What is this fee? Can anyone elaborate? It seems like a joke, might as well call it a parking fee.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I quite enjoyed this episode.

The scholarship bit was a nice touch.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
I enjoyed the show. The CEO seemed like a pretty good man. Hope he follows through on the promises he made. Almost willing to try a Cambria Suite after watching this 40 min. commerical.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I really have pretty mixed feelings about the show. The time at the Econolodge was probably the most accurate - most of those properties have some pretty darn serious issues. Getting stuck in the elevator was so funny I have to wonder if it was staged. However, I'm really surprised that the CEO didn't know Suburban's don't supply Cofee. They are on the lower rung of the chain after all.

Of course in the end I can only hope that the guy puts a lot of thought into the corp while he's working that waistline down. The fact remains that Choice is a very uneven experience - even within the same brand. There is so much opportunity for improvement.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Here's the full episode (likely viewable in the US only).
Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: United 1K
I too very much enjoyed the episode and have a new respect and understanding of what their employees go through on a day to day basis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.