Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Choice | Choice Privileges
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 19, 09, 11:00 am   #1
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Choice hotel employee or friends and family code

Does anyone know choice hotel employee or friends and family code. I had one that i was using but it seems like it is expire. Please post or reply to this msgs if u got it. Any help will be highly appreciated!!!!
sam1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 10, 5:11 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: A|Club Gold, HHonors Silver, TAP Miles winner
Posts: 75
Hi everyone,

perhaps someone could share a code for the Choice Hotels, by PM... I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.
pcg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 10, 3:18 am   #3
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: A|Club Gold, HHonors Silver, TAP Miles winner
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcg2001 View Post
Hi everyone,

perhaps someone could share a code for the Choice Hotels, by PM... I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.
And if there is any referral programme, I will most likely sign up soon, so I can be referred... but I would really welcome some sort of code before booking...
pcg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 10, 3:01 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Programs: A|Club Gold, HHonors Silver, TAP Miles winner
Posts: 75
I found an early booking discount in the scandinavia website, since I wanted to book for Copenhagen. http://www.choicehotels.no/chs/choic...fers/summer-1/ It was valid until today only, but I managed to reduce the nightly rate from DKK 940 to 658 (around 88). So I am pleased with this, especially since it is for the Clarion Mayfair and it is in the city centre, inclues breakfast and light evening buffet. However, I found the loyalty programme lacking in information online or interesting discounts. The fact that few of flyertalkers talk of it may be a indication of its unpopularity perhaps...

Also for scandinavia there seems to be a Choices CLUB http://www.choiceclub.net/html/en-gb16531705.jsp as opposed to the Choices Privileges http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic...l.KBtgtgckjg.7. Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten me as to the workings of thes programmes.

Thanks.
pcg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 10, 9:57 am   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9
Choice Hotels Friends & Family Rate Code: 00063699 Worked today WITHOUT a voucher. 12/06/2010.
tpi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 10, 12:45 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Freeload Univ. Where are you sitting?
Posts: 11,351
Works for me, too.

What sort of ID do you need to use this rate?
__________________
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

-- The Wizard of Oz
BigLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 11, 8:38 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcg2001 View Post

Also for scandinavia there seems to be a Choices CLUB http://www.choiceclub.net/html/en-gb16531705.jsp as opposed to the Choices Privileges http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic...l.KBtgtgckjg.7. Perhaps someone will be able to enlighten me as to the workings of thes programmes.

Thanks.
I think choice club in Scandinavia run as a separate organisation, e.g, its membership number is 14 digit than 12 digit in other place (correct me if i am wrong). It also acquire Nordic hotel last year (I think) so has their name changed into Nordic Choice hotels. The FF is also a different system.

I personally have the membership on the Scandinavia site and whenever I stay in the Choice hotel outside this region i always have to save the receipt and email back to claim my points, as my membership card number from here can't be accept in the machine in elsewhere. a bit tedious though.

Sometimes price quote from Scandinavian site will be a bit different from the global site so worth to have double check!
pao.kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 11, 5:49 pm   #8
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Posts: 70,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi1313 View Post
Choice Hotels Friends & Family Rate Code: 00063699 Worked today WITHOUT a voucher. 12/06/2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar View Post
Works for me, too.

What sort of ID do you need to use this rate?
Anyone here get some "valid Friends & Family Discount Card" since it says that "A valid Friends & Family Discount Card must be presented and surrendered at check-in to obtain the Friends and Family Rate"? Or is this observed more in the breach than anything?
__________________
Like TSA, DL SkyMiles management treats airline customers as if they are the enemy or sheep to be fleeced and it shows.
GUWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 11, 7:51 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Freeload Univ. Where are you sitting?
Posts: 11,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Anyone here get some "valid Friends & Family Discount Card" since it says that "A valid Friends & Family Discount Card must be presented and surrendered at check-in to obtain the Friends and Family Rate"? Or is this observed more in the breach than anything?
Hi, GU.

That's why I asked the question. I stayed at a lot of Choice props at a lot of different rates (60+, military/government, etc.) and was never asked for any ID. I suspect, though, that this one might be a little tighter.

IIRC, they have a little card/slip of paper that the manager/employee fills out in your name and you can use that as the "friends" part of F&F. "Family" woud require your hotel ID.

These things are probably not easy to fake - I suspect a lot of people trying to use that rate would not even know what was required.

Still waiting for someone to report on whether he was able to use the rate without any sort of ID.
__________________
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

-- The Wizard of Oz
BigLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 11, 5:50 am   #10
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Posts: 70,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar View Post
Hi, GU.

That's why I asked the question. I stayed at a lot of Choice props at a lot of different rates (60+, military/government, etc.) and was never asked for any ID. I suspect, though, that this one might be a little tighter.

IIRC, they have a little card/slip of paper that the manager/employee fills out in your name and you can use that as the "friends" part of F&F. "Family" woud require your hotel ID.

These things are probably not easy to fake - I suspect a lot of people trying to use that rate would not even know what was required.

Still waiting for someone to report on whether he was able to use the rate without any sort of ID.
Thanks for the update.

I was hoping that you -- hotel guru-san -- or someone else had already gotten around to accessing a couple of whatever pre-printed thing these hotels expect to see when checking in and trying to use this rate.

Anyone friends with (or otherwise well acquainted with an extra-friendly) a Choice hotel employee who can provide the details about this (e.g., how many of these chits any given employee can access and provide)?

I can see it now: FTers tipping a few hotel maids if they let the guests in on the family & friends rate by giving over the pre-printed thing entitling use of the rate: a $10 tip for saving multiples more than that.
__________________
Like TSA, DL SkyMiles management treats airline customers as if they are the enemy or sheep to be fleeced and it shows.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 20, 11 at 5:57 am..
GUWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 11, 9:14 am   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Freeload Univ. Where are you sitting?
Posts: 11,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
I can see it now: FTers tipping a few hotel maids if they let the guests in on the family & friends rate by giving over the pre-printed thing entitling use of the rate: a $10 tip for saving multiples more than that.
All we really need is one copy and a scanner.

Hypothetically, of course, Not that I would ever do such a thing.
__________________
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

-- The Wizard of Oz
BigLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 11, 6:58 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Choice employee here

All right, I'm a Choice employee. To answer:

Quote:
how many of these chits any given employee can access and provide
Actually only property and general managers can provide these. So, no, save your bribe money--neither the housekeeping staff nor the front desk staff can help you out here.

The other forms of proof that are accepted is a hotel ID, or a pay stub from Choice International. Bribes might work better there, lol.

Though it should go without saying that other properties may be more lax, our property always requires one of these proofs upon check-in--unless you know the secret handshake, of course.
peggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 11, 7:37 pm   #13
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Posts: 70,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggle View Post
All right, I'm a Choice employee. To answer:



Actually only property and general managers can provide these. So, no, save your bribe money--neither the housekeeping staff nor the front desk staff can help you out here.

The other forms of proof that are accepted is a hotel ID, or a pay stub from Choice International. Bribes might work better there, lol.

Though it should go without saying that other properties may be more lax, our property always requires one of these proofs upon check-in--unless you know the secret handshake, of course.
Welcome to FT and thanks for the info.
__________________
Like TSA, DL SkyMiles management treats airline customers as if they are the enemy or sheep to be fleeced and it shows.
GUWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 11, 12:45 pm   #14
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOS and ...
Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, CC Gold, HH Gold, GP 1M, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Posts: 8,753
Thumbs up

peggle, thank you. Please check back on this board now and then. It can be rough weather sometimes, but you will be sincerely appreciated.
Firewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 11, 2:48 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15
Is there any way to become a "friend"?

Is there any way to legitimately become a Friend of Choice hotels? I'm specifically wondering if a Choice International stock holder would work..certainly would be worth the investment of a few shares!
elcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:52 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.