Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Choice do Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enginero
I am actually in the process of trying to get a status match from PC PLat to Choice now. I emailed to ask and the response was a request to see a current statement to show my platinum status with PC. We'll see what happens. I used to stay at Choice properties more often, but the company I'm with now typically books books us into IHG or Hiltons.
Wow! A completely different response from what I received, and I tried two different agents. I even told them I was Choice gold, but lost that status when they temporarily discontinued their credit card. I also told them I had more than 500,000 Choice points. All to no avail.

Could you please send me the contact information for the agent you've spoken to, once you have successfully completed this transaction (by PM, if you prefer)? Thanks! I'm just looking to get a slightly expanded reward booking window to help my travel planning.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Wow! A completely different response from what I received, and I tried two different agents. I even told them I was Choice gold, but lost that status when they temporarily discontinued their credit card. I also told them I had more than 500,000 Choice points. All to no avail.

Could you please send me the contact information for the agent you've spoken to, once you have successfully completed this transaction (by PM, if you prefer)? Thanks! I'm just looking to get a slightly expanded reward booking window to help my travel planning.
Absolutely, I'll PM you the info. I was given a match up to Platinum Elite today. I ended up hearing from two CSRs. The first person who answered my original question of whether or not they would honor the match and then another agent who responded to the fax I sent with my PC Platinum info. Keep in mind though that these agents are use the same primary CS email address for Choice, so I have names, but no direct contact info. I'll also send the fax number they sent to me as well. I'm assuming you could send a similar fax to what I sent and they would upgrade you based on that.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:09 am

Wow hit me up with this info too as i've been told they don't status match in the past too.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Simmo
Wow hit me up with this info too as i've been told they don't status match in the past too.
I'm interested in the same info too so please do PM with the info as well.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
Can you please PM me this info as well. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:50 pm

PMs sent. Good luck!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:25 pm

so here's what they said to me...... (like the previous reply i got from them)

Thank you for your email Simmo,

We are currently unable to match your elite status from another reward program. We would love to still have you as a member of our free program.

Choice Privileges is a free membership program offered to our guests as a “Thank you” for staying with us. You earn points for qualifying stays and even bonus points during our promotions. The points can be used for free room nights, airline miles, gift/gas cards as well as many other benefits.

If you are interested in signing up for this free program, please provide us with the following information;

Your Name -
Address -
Email -
Birthday (month and date) -

Once you are a member you will receive a membership card and a program information packet in the mail within 3-5 weeks.

We strive to provide you with the best customer service possible so please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you,
Email Resolution Desk
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:45 pm

so here's what they said to me...... (like the previous reply i got from them)

Thank you for your email Simmo,

We are currently unable to match your elite status from another reward program. We would love to still have you as a member of our free program.

Choice Privileges is a free membership program offered to our guests as a “Thank you” for staying with us. You earn points for qualifying stays and even bonus points during our promotions. The points can be used for free room nights, airline miles, gift/gas cards as well as many other benefits.

If you are interested in signing up for this free program, please provide us with the following information;

Your Name -
Address -
Email -
Birthday (month and date) -

Once you are a member you will receive a membership card and a program information packet in the mail within 3-5 weeks.

We strive to provide you with the best customer service possible so please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you,
Email Resolution Desk
I got shot down also. Identical response, word for word, that you received.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by 4Health
I got shot down also. Identical response, word for word, that you received.
Doesn't surprise me. At least they reply in a fairly speedy manner. I replied back explaining my situation but no doubt i won't get anywhere.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:19 pm

Interesting... So, neither of you currently have CP accounts? It's a long shot, but that could be the issue. I have had a CP account for quite a while, just rarely stay at Choice properties anymore.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by enginero
Interesting... So, neither of you currently have CP accounts? It's a long shot, but that could be the issue. I have had a CP account for quite a while, just rarely stay at Choice properties anymore.
No I do have an account and gave my account number but it's clear they didn't bother to read my email and just instead sent some template back to me.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Weird. I got an email response from them asking me to fax my Hilton and Starwood statements to them showing that I was gold. I did so yesterday morning, but so far I have heard no response. Nor has my online status been adjusted. I guess I'll give them a couple more days and, if I hear nothing, I'll inquire as to the situation.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:48 am

No I do have an account and gave my account number but it's clear they didn't bother to read my email and just instead sent some template back to me.
I have an account also.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:32 pm

Okay so i replied quite aggressively. It worked got the next standard reply asking for a statement to be faxed to them. First time that an aggressive reply has got me anywhere lol.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, thanks Enginero -- after following up, I'm now a Choice Platinum (even though I only submitted gold membership records from Hilton and Starwood).

The benefits are certainly modest, but I now get 60 days to book domestic award travel, which is the primary benefit I wanted after buying a ton of Choice points in the now-expired Daily Getaways offer. Too bad they don't extend the int'l award booking window for plats, which is 60 days for everyone.

It would seem that Choice is being a little picky on who they status match, with a little randomness also thrown in. It may help if you have some "track record" with them. I was a gold in the past through their credit card program, I had plenty of activity back in the CO/Amtrak transfer days, and I now have a lot of points (and a couple of award reservations) in my account due to the Getaways promo.

So now the question is who will match my Choice "Platinum" status. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.