Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Glitches in the system when using points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Last week, I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Farmington NY. This is southeast of Rochester.

Booking a room with points is 6000 points. When you go down the list of room types, you see:

Double no-smoking
Double smoking
Queen etc etc

Then, all the way on the bottom, I see Suite - 6000 points. So I do what anyone I know would do and book a suite.

Now we're only talking Econo Lodge here, so this isn't a Hilton type of a suite.
The suite was 600 sq ft. Half was a livingroom, a quarter was the bedroom, and the other quarter looked like a room with a hugh round table (diningroom). What a shame the room was early 1990 Econo Lodge.

But the point of this thread is that a suite may be available to you when you book a room with points.
FYI, I have no status with Choice.

dh
Old Mar 17, 2008, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by dhammer53
FYI, I have no status with Choice.
You wouldn't brag about it even if you did.

Thanks for the good info. It will take a while before I accumulate even 6,000 points with Choice, but I'll get there eventually.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's not a glitch in the system, Dan. That's how it works.

Now, I'm not sure how long they will allow, say, a 3-bedroom suite in Lisbon for 6000 points/night, but while it's there, I say take advantage of it!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigLar
That's not a glitch in the system, Dan. That's how it works.
Yes and no. Hotels get to decide which types of rooms to load for award purposes. Some properties unintentionally include room types that they don't want to (as was in this case--based on an earlier post the OP noted that the property later pulled the suites from the redemption pool).
Old Mar 18, 2008, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
In Glens Falls NY (Lake George area), the owner and I were chatting, and he told me that because of my booking a suite on points, he was removing it from the inventory. That suite was big, but horrible.

His regular rooms are nice thought.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhammer53
That suite was big, but horrible.
His regular rooms are nice thought.
He's just trying to do you a favor, then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.