Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Privileges Elite Members to receive gift at check-in

Old May 24, 2017, 2:24 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels
Original Poster

All Choice Privileges Elite Members will be offered a complimentary welcome gift or bonus points across all 11 of Choice's brands at check-in!

This new Elite member recognition program begins on June 1, 2017, across all Cambria, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn, MainStay Suites, Quality Inn and Clarion brand properties. Ascend Hotel Collection, Econo Lodge, Rodeway, and Suburban Extended Stay hotel properties will start offering these Elite member gifts and bonus points on August 1, 2017.

Learn more about this our new Elite Member benefits in our press release!
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300463066.html
Old May 24, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
This new Elite member recognition program begins on June 1, 2017

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
hotel properties will start offering these Elite member gifts and bonus points on August 1, 2017.

Can you clarify this? So the new recognition program starts June 1st? But the gifts/bonus points will be offered starting August 1st? Am I missing something?

Anyways, more goodies sound nice.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Don.Majik.Juan
Can you clarify this? So the new recognition program starts June 1st? But the gifts/bonus points will be offered starting August 1st? Am I missing something?

Anyways, more goodies sound nice.
Per OP the program is eff June 1 for some brands and Aug 1 for other brands.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Will it be up to the property which option they offer (between a small gift or points) at check-in, or will the choice between the two options be up to the member?
Old May 25, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
Per OP the program is eff June 1 for some brands and Aug 1 for other brands.
Ah, I misread the period as a comma. Thank you.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:43 am

Delete
Old May 25, 2017, 7:49 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Will it be up to the property which option they offer (between a small gift or points) at check-in, or will the choice between the two options be up to the member?
It is up to the member to choose between the gift or points.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Considering their track record on upgrades, and the fact I've had properties think my Diamond card is a credit card - not holding my breath for consistent execution on this one. Especially on the lower end.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ItsAnAdventure
Considering their track record on upgrades, and the fact I've had properties think my Diamond card is a credit card - not holding my breath for consistent execution on this one. Especially on the lower end.
Except that (a) they should see the status in their account*, no need to show your Diamond card, and (b) upgrades are based on "availability", but this new welcome gift has no such "out".

* Often these days Choice properties thank me for being a Platinum member, without me ever showing my card, after they look up my reservation.

That doesn't prove they'll be consistent, of course, but neither does it prove they won't give the new benefit, because it's so different from the upgrade benefit you complain about them not giving.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
I stayed twice this week at Sleep Inn's. The second one gave me the amenity bag and said I would also still get whatever my choice on file was for a during the week stay. I was surprised but the clerk said it was their hotels policy for the amenity bag not Choice Hotels
Old May 28, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrohio
I stayed twice this week at Sleep Inn's. The second one gave me the amenity bag and said I would also still get whatever my choice on file was for a during the week stay. I was surprised but the clerk said it was their hotels policy for the amenity bag not Choice Hotels
One Quality I stay at periodically has been giving me a bottle of water and/or a chocolate bar on most of my stays for a year or two now.

Another one Quality I stay at periodically sometimes gives me a bottle of water either at check-in or once at check-out.

I'm CP Platinum, but I have no idea if that has anything to do with it, or if it's just my recurrent stays at the same hotels.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Over 90 percent of my stays this year; they haven't noticed my status in the computer. That number includes Comfort Suites where I have to politely remind them of the welcome amenity.

Totally OT, but the biggest "out" is that they exclude Suites in the T&C. Everyone bases their upgrades on availability. So if I read the T&C literally; if I'm at an all suite property they're never obligated to upgrade me to anything.

I handed them the card at one property that never recognizes me to see if they're aware of the elite membership in the program. As I then learned, apparently they're not.

It will be interesting to see if Choice corporate will actually enforce execution on this one.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs up Got my first little gift today

I got a bottle of water and a small snack today. Have stayed 3 days at 3 Choice Hotels and today 6/1 was the first day I received something so Choice has a little work to do on this program though it is nice to see them too now offering a few items such as cola's, peanuts, water, chips, etc....
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: Choice, Holiday Inn, Hampton, Marriott
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Except that (a) they should see the status in their account*, no need to show your Diamond card, and (b) upgrades are based on "availability", but this new welcome gift has no such "out".

* Often these days Choice properties thank me for being a Platinum member, without me ever showing my card, after they look up my reservation.

That doesn't prove they'll be consistent, of course, but neither does it prove they won't give the new benefit, because it's so different from the upgrade benefit you complain about them not giving.
I have been a Diamond member for several years and CP lost me in their main system about eight months ago so their properties can't see my status. Eight phone calls and two emails later and still no success with getting it corrected, so good luck with that.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Have you tried sending a PM to ChoiceHotels ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.