Old May 8, 2017, 1:36 am

Nothing, nearly 10days
Old May 8, 2017, 4:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Dieagainla
Nothing, nearly 10days
If they start posting today, I wouldn't expect things to start showing for at least the next several hours. And I would be surprised if things were to have changed from Friday night to Monday early morning in this regard.

If things don't start posting (or mostly get completed) by this coming Friday at the latest, then I would be surprised.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If they start posting today, I wouldn't expect things to start showing for at least the next several hours. And I would be surprised if things were to have changed from Friday night to Monday early morning in this regard.

If things don't start posting (or mostly get completed) by this coming Friday at the latest, then I would be surprised.
It's just crazy how one year they can have their act together and the next its a crap shoot.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
It seemed like there were fewer total packages for sale this year than last year? Can anyone check that out?
Last year there were 2,040 sets of Choice Privileges points offered in Daily Getaways compared to only 1,030 sets for sale this year.

2016 items for sale compared to 2017:

$90 for 20,000 points = $4.50 per 1,000 points. (220 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 = 208 sets.

$132 for 32,000 points = $4.13 per 1,000 points. (655 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 = 310 sets.

$155 for 36,000 points = $4.31 per 1,000 points. (785 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 only 308 sets.

$160 for 40,000 points = $4.00 per 1,000 points. (380 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 only 204 sets.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by satori
Last year there were 2,040 sets of Choice Privileges points offered in Daily Getaways compared to only 1,030 sets for sale this year.

2016 items for sale compared to 2017:

$90 for 20,000 points = $4.50 per 1,000 points. (220 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 = 208 sets.

$132 for 32,000 points = $4.13 per 1,000 points. (655 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 = 310 sets.

$155 for 36,000 points = $4.31 per 1,000 points. (785 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 only 308 sets.

$160 for 40,000 points = $4.00 per 1,000 points. (380 available; limit 2 sets).
2017 only 204 sets.
Thanks and very interesting. I wonder if they would have sold out just as fast if there had been as many as last year.

I can't believe they cut it down to half. These really are my favorite points to buy.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:27 pm

Choice points have posted, FYI
Old May 8, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
Choice points have posted, FYI
I got a bunch of points posted, too, but I wanted to "audit" them because I was able to snag 7 of the 8 available packages. Over the years, I've had a few problems with Choice crediting me all my purchased miles.

I don't immediately see a way to do this audit, however. Will it eventually show up under "my activity"? In the past, I recall an option to see "my statements." Is that gone?
Old May 8, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I got a bunch of points posted, too, but I wanted to "audit" them because I was able to snag 7 of the 8 available packages. Over the years, I've had a few problems with Choice crediting me all my purchased miles.

I don't immediately see a way to do this audit, however. Will it eventually show up under "my activity"? In the past, I recall an option to see "my statements." Is that gone?
Well I wrote down my last amount before adding points and just added all the points I know I bought. Right off the bat I knew my amount was right however if you go on the app, you can see points activity and mine was detailed out there.

Do you remmeber how many points you had before? how many point did you buy?
Old May 8, 2017, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

In the iOS app under "My Rewards" there is an option to click "point history"; from there hit "current activity". That shows account beginning balance before the Daily Getaways adjustment and the balance after the Daily Getaways adjustment.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:10 pm

Fairmont 6 night stay $2178

Re: Fairmont 6 nights Hawaii for $2178
FedEx delivered my Fairmont Ovation Reward certificates today. I called the 800# and asked questions. Not that I planned on using them, but the certificates are not good during Monaco Grand Prix dates when rooms start @ 3549euro/night. Representative said they are some blackouts but not many.
I can use them for any Category A, B, or C hotel - it was advertized as 6 night vacation @ Fairmont Kea Lani (Maui, Hawaii) or Fairmont Orchid (The Big Island, Hawaii) both Category C. For $150/night I can upgrade to Category D - so The Plaza NYC , Raffles Seychelles, Le Royal Monceau Paris, The Savoy London are avail but with $150/night surcharge.
I haven't a clue when or where I'll use them but I love that they don't expire.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by acker
Re: Fairmont 6 nights Hawaii for $2178
FedEx delivered my Fairmont Ovation Reward certificates today. I called the 800# and asked questions. Not that I planned on using them, but the certificates are not good during Monaco Grand Prix dates when rooms start @ 3549euro/night. Representative said they are some blackouts but not many.
I can use them for any Category A, B, or C hotel - it was advertized as 6 night vacation @ Fairmont Kea Lani (Maui, Hawaii) or Fairmont Orchid (The Big Island, Hawaii) both Category C. For $150/night I can upgrade to Category D - so The Plaza NYC , Raffles Seychelles, Le Royal Monceau Paris, The Savoy London are avail but with $150/night surcharge.
I haven't a clue when or where I'll use them but I love that they don't expire.
That's totally awesome and super good to know for next year.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the iOS app under "My Rewards" there is an option to click "point history"; from there hit "current activity". That shows account beginning balance before the Daily Getaways adjustment and the balance after the Daily Getaways adjustment.
Thanks -- it works! I wonder why I can't seem to find this info on their regular website (maybe it's well hidden, or maybe it's just "Choice being Choice."

I figured out that my shortfall was: my daughter forgetting to click "2" on the offer she snagged for me. So I only got 6 of the 8 packages, not 7. If kids can't figure out this new-fangled technology, what are they good for?
Old May 11, 2017, 12:41 am

posted my 36k
Old May 11, 2017, 5:04 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Thanks -- it works! I wonder why I can't seem to find this info on their regular website (maybe it's well hidden, or maybe it's just "Choice being Choice."

I figured out that my shortfall was: my daughter forgetting to click "2" on the offer she snagged for me. So I only got 6 of the 8 packages, not 7. If kids can't figure out this new-fangled technology, what are they good for?
You can find this information under "Full-Stay History" on the My Activity page on the website: https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...account/recent
Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.