Econolodge, Flowood, MS

Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, SouthWest, Hilton, Omni, Choice Hotels
Econolodge, Flowood, MS

Wow, had a 'first' happen to me. Stayed at the Econolodge in Flowood, MS, as I have several times over the last 2 years, for business. Got up, left, got called later that day by the manager, telling me he was going to charge me $100 for a hair dryer and an alarm clock. He accused me of stealing them. I promptly told him that they were missing from the room when I checked in, but didn't think anything of it, because it is, after all, and Econolodge, not the Marriot. I also reminded him that I have stayed their frequently, was balding (no need for a hairdryer), and that it was 2016 and most people, including myself, used their cellphone as an alarm clock. He then said that if I returned the items within the hour, he wouldn't charge me. I told him, that if he charged my credit card, it was going to get real ugly, real quick. He said something, and hung up. I promptly emailed Choice Hotels, gave the details, etc. They apologized, eventually the manager emailed me, in broken english, an apology, but no one comped me extra points. How would you handle this? It freaked me out, somewhat, as I've never been accused of theivery.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Barry1973
Wow, had a 'first' happen to me. Stayed at the Econolodge in Flowood, MS, as I have several times over the last 2 years, for business. Got up, left, got called later that day by the manager, telling me he was going to charge me $100 for a hair dryer and an alarm clock. He accused me of stealing them. I promptly told him that they were missing from the room when I checked in, but didn't think anything of it, because it is, after all, and Econolodge, not the Marriot. I also reminded him that I have stayed their frequently, was balding (no need for a hairdryer), and that it was 2016 and most people, including myself, used their cellphone as an alarm clock. He then said that if I returned the items within the hour, he wouldn't charge me. I told him, that if he charged my credit card, it was going to get real ugly, real quick. He said something, and hung up. I promptly emailed Choice Hotels, gave the details, etc. They apologized, eventually the manager emailed me, in broken english, an apology, but no one comped me extra points. How would you handle this? It freaked me out, somewhat, as I've never been accused of theivery.
I think I'd post a TripAdvisor review outlining what happened and then vote with my feet and never return to the property.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think I'd post a TripAdvisor review outlining what happened and then vote with my feet and never return to the property.
Awful +1..
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: National Rental - Executive
I'm ready for alarm clocks to disappear from rooms. They go off at wrong times. Wake people up when not suppose to, and give annoying red light when trying to fall asleep.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:47 am

I just unplug it or put it with the phone on the lower shelf of the night stand to give me more room.
50/50 that when the room is serviced the phone is back up on the top of the night stand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.