Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
This thread has been running for multiple years and is used for every promotion. Do not assume early posts are current; please check the date of the post, or start from end of the thread and work backwards.

Early posts are about former promotions, and the links in former posts may not work for current promotions.
Print Wikipost

Upcoming Promotion

Old May 14, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EVA777
kcaluwae, I received confirmation e-mail 1 day after registering.
I can top you:

I only registered once, but received two confirmation e-mails (hours apart) for registering. I stared at them for a while (to see if one was a correction or something) but couldn't find any difference.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:02 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by RockyF
At the bottom of the email I just received, it says "After a second qualifying trip with arrival between 5/26/16 and 8/18/16," but my registration confirmation on the website gives the range as 5/12 to 8/18. I tried calling the toll-free number to confirm that both stays could happen before 5/26 but got disconnected. Anybody else notice the discrepancy and try to follow up?
Apologies for the confusion. The correct range is 5/12/16 to 8/18/16 as listed on the website. There was a typo in the email that has now been corrected.

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I'm new to choice hotels. I registered for this promotion on their website, but I don't get any kind of confirmation that I'm registered. Nothing on the website seems to say I'm registered and I don't seem to get an email.

Is there a way to verify if your registration went through?

UPDATE: I think I understand what's going. Small print mentions this offer is only open to US residents and I haven't got my address registered in US in my profile. So probably the reason I cannot register. Too bad.
If you send me a private message with your member number, we can take a look at this for you and confirm.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I can top you:

I only registered once, but received two confirmation e-mails (hours apart) for registering. I stared at them for a while (to see if one was a correction or something) but couldn't find any difference.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please send me a private message with your member number so that we can investigate.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
There was a typo in the email that has now been corrected.
Curious how you correct an email that has already been sent.

I certainly did not receive a correction email.

Also curious why you keep saying 'contact me' so we can correct the issue when that contact achieves no correction.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
FALL 2016 Promo details!!!

I was sure it would start AFTER Labor Day weekend, but the promo dates are September 1st - November 11th.

Register here: https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/free-night

Some of the language on the registration pages still refers to the Summer promotion, including the $50 gift card option, I suspect, as that option has only been previously offered during Summer.

"Free night is based on an 8,000 point Choice Privileges reward night level. Registration required at ChoiceHotels.com/freenight before check-out. Members must book trips via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates. Corporate travelers may book through a corporate online booking system. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in. After a second qualifying trip with arrival between 09/01/16 and 11/11/16, members will be awarded a minimum of 5,000 and maximum of 8,000 bonus points, depending on the number of base points earned from the two (2) separate qualifying trips. These bonus points will allow redemption for a free night at the 8,000 reward night level at over 1,500 hotels. A free night at most Choice Privileges locations requires more than 8,000 points. A trip is defined as a stay that is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Trips at vacation rental property locations and stays booked with the SEGEN rate code do not qualify for promotional bonus points. To be eligible to earn the bonus, members must set their earning preference to Choice Privileges points in their online account. Any change made to earning preference will remain in effect after the promotion has ended. Allow 72 hours from check-out for points to post. You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible for this promotion. For Choice Privileges program details, eligible rates, eligible countries and point redemption rules, visit choiceprivileges.com. Hotels are independently owned and operated."

Last edited by FreeHotBreakfast; Aug 23, 2016 at 2:49 am
Old Aug 23, 2016, 7:30 am

I like the 9/1 start date.

Coming off my best GC summer promo ever!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by FreeHotBreakfast

Some of the language on the registration pages still refers to the Summer promotion ...

1) Wouldn't be the first time Choice has cut and pasted.

2) Wonder if "1500" is still accurate after The Great Devaluation.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
2) Wonder if "1500" is still accurate after The Great Devaluation.
Choice has a lot of Rodeways and Econolodges and such in rarely-visited-by-most-people locations. Have those all be devalued? Has anyone even checked?

IOTW, what Choice isn't mentioning is "there are over XXXX hotels at the 8000 point level, but most of them are nowhere you are likely to travel".

Also, keep in mind that points needed for redemption change several times a year. One way of counting would be to count a hotel as 8000 points even if it's only 8000 points for a few months a year (and then only certain days of the week those months). So a hotel in a desert city that is more points during the winter but is 8000 points during the summer when hardly anyone visits might be counted as an 8000 point hotel, even though every time you want to visit there during the winter it's never 8000 points.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:09 am

Is there anyone you can check how much a hotel costs in points without having the actual points? It comes up as an error that I don't have enough points when trying to check the price.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikailSJ
Is there anyone you can check how much a hotel costs in points without having the actual points? It comes up as an error that I don't have enough points when trying to check the price.
Do the search while not logged in. I just did such a search for Wednesday night in New York, NY, without logging in, and it came up with the points/night for each one, ranging from a low of 8000 for one property somewhere way out in the NJ suburbs to 30000 for some Manhattan properties.

But keep in mind that you can only search a couple months in advance for points reservations, while the hotel price in points may vary from one part of the year to another. So this is not foolproof if what you want to know is how much the hotel will cost at some other time of year. (Also, some hotels price differently on a weekday than on a weekend day, so keep that in mind while doing such searches.)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
You could do your city search then click on the name of the property. Near the bottom of the page you'll see the number of points required and any upcoming changes.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:01 am

You should see something like this after clicking on a hotel/motel name and scrolling down. Note that the point chart goes out into the future, but not a full year. Your ability to actually book rooms at those points at a given date depends on your status. No status means you can only book 30 days in advance for US bookings.

Originally Posted by MikailSJ
Attached Images  
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
No status means you can only book 30 days in advance for US bookings.
If you're based in the US, that is.

But if you're based in the US, you can get Gold status (extending your booking window to 50 days in the US) just by having the no-annual-fee Choice Privileges credit card:

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...sa-credit-card
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I have my first 2 stays for the new promotion already done for 8k.

Sep 1: Sleep Inn, Mt Vernon, IA
Sep 2: Clarion, Cedar Rapids, IA
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:22 pm

Anybody have experience with not being a US/Canadian resident and doing the promo?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:14 pm

Promotion notification

My Choice account was changed from a Canadian address to a US address by Barclay when I received my visa card and I now receive 4 emails for each promotion. Choice still haven't fix their problem with people not able to connect to their accounts or account balance shows zero when there is points in the account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.