Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

PPKFLY - This rate is eligible for frustration.

PPKFLY - This rate is eligible for frustration.

Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges
Unhappy PPKFLY - This rate is eligible for frustration.

Has anybody ever experienced this with Choice Privileges?

I made a hotel reservation on ChoiceHotels.com, and reserved a night with a Stay and Fly Package. Here is exactly what is says on the website.

Rate Program:
PPKFLY Rate - This rate is eligible for Choice Privileges points.
Package:
Stay and Fly Package
Leave your car with us for longer and save

I never received my points though. I submitted a webform requesting my missing points, and I was sent an email saying that the stay was ineligible for points. One email reply and another webform later, I decided to call.

The first lady was nice enough, but simply told me that the stay was ineligible for points. I then asked to speak to her manager.

This lady was really rude. She asked repeatedly if I had actually stayed the night at the hotel. Then she told me I probably just parked there and didn't stay the night. Then she put me on hold so she could call the hotel, and verify that I had stayed there. Then, she comes back on the line, and tells me the stay was ineligible for points.

What can I do? Almost 10 years a loyal member, never a problem, and suddenly I am treated like garbage and lied to and wasting time and losing confidence.

I am so upset. Can anyone help or commiserate?

-Noash
Old Nov 14, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Hopefully the email confirmation you received also said this was eligible for points. While it is certainly a pain in the butt, I would continue to call back until I got someone who would listen.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Good luck getting anywhere. I rarely find helpful staff at Choice Privileges. The first response is almost always no, the system is working like it should.

When I was on the road constantly, I had points denied because two properties posted my stay on the same day. Instead of them looking at the reservations to confirm the dates, I had to pull up my confirmations and feed them all the specifics. Only then were they willing to make a change.

Service is not their strong point.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Privileges
Angry

Thanks Roger and lougord,

I called again and got a pretty firm "no" and some intimidation tactics. Jared at the resolution desk told me to take it up with the hotel, because it's up to them if I get the points, not the Rewards program.

And I used to be such a loyal member. Oh well, enough time and stress wasted on them. Just gotta pick a new chain.

Hope this helps someone else out there.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I used to be choice diamond, and choice was my favorite brand in their segment. Once they gave me some aeroplan miles instead of CP points, even if I never gave my AE number at the hotel and carefully selected points in my reservation. After some email, faxes... they never gave me the points (it was the second stay of a stay 2, earn 8000 points promo).
I never stay at one of their hotels since, except for a free BRG night in Paris...
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I would simply caution to look closely at your options. If Choice is the best chain for you, then not using them because you lost 1 nights points is hurting you more than it is hurting them.

We all acknowledge that they have horrible customer service. That horrible customer service needs to be a factor in deciding if they are the best chain for you.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:03 pm

I have an upcoming PPKFLY stay, and I've taken a screen shot of the page saying it's eligible for points. Do I gather that it's pretty important how they record it at check-in? So I should bring a printout, show it, and do my best to see that they record it.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rove312
I have an upcoming PPKFLY stay, and I've taken a screen shot of the page saying it's eligible for points. Do I gather that it's pretty important how they record it at check-in? So I should bring a printout, show it, and do my best to see that they record it.
Although it wouldn't hurt to confirm when checking in, it's up to how the property flags the stay prior to the posting sweep. So even though the FDC might say yes, if the night auditor decides it doesn't qualify, they may flag your folio as such. You might try having a copy to leave with the FDC and highlight the statement that the rate is a qualifying rate.

If it fails to post, then send the property another copy of your screen shot and ask them to get the points posted. They may refuse saying the website was wrong (or suspecting the printout was doctored), but at least you did your best. The CP program does not have any real power over the properties and you are on your own more than not.

Good luck.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:50 am

A point of reference here: on our PPKFLY stay we confirmed the CP number at checkin; the desk person said it wasn't showing but she would add it. At check-out, the folio showed half the rate as being for the room, half for parking, and points were given just for the room part of the rate. If we'd known that, it would have been better for us to get airline credit.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
For what it's worth, I have stayed at the park and fly rate before with Choice properties and have gotten full points. It's been over a year though, so maybe they've developed a new unwritten policy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.