Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Is Comfort Hotel Diana in Venice leaving Choice?

Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Is Comfort Hotel Diana in Venice leaving Choice Hotels? They don't seem to be taking any reservations after the end of March! I was hoping to grab a couple of nights in June with points when the booking window opens.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Originally Posted by crzn
Is Comfort Hotel Diana in Venice leaving Choice Hotels? They don't seem to be taking any reservations after the end of March! I was hoping to grab a couple of nights in June with points when the booking window opens.
I checked a couple of days ago and they still have no rooms past March, for either points or cash. So it doesn't look good.

This is a great hotel. They have a nice breakfast and unbeatable location just a short walk from the back end of St. Mark's.

ADDENDUM: I searched on booking dot com and found rooms in late April; these rooms also showed up on the Choice Hotels site. But there seems to be nothing after May 1. Perhaps they just aren't putting the rooms out there more than a few months in advance.

Last edited by Rebelyell; Jan 3, 2015 at 4:53 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I' m looking to stay here in May. Hopefully they will stay in the program as it is a steal at 10,000 points. I did notice that the hotel is closed for the season until Feb 28, perhaps that has something to do with the lack of dates past April 30.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

They updated to the end of April quite some time ago. Here's hoping they extend the schedule soon and good luck to all of us to snag the rooms we need!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Dates are now available in May but I couldn't find any availability in June or July. I was able to book the first weekend in May with my 75 day booking window. Points are a great value at this property, the paid rate was €320 a night!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just booked 4 nights in April (it was cheaper - the rate was 200 euros/night!).

All this time (since I read the starter to this thread) I had assumed that Venice was gone. Gotta love FT!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
I just booked 3 night in April for 10K, gotta love Choice in europe
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Woohoo

Just booked 2 rooms, 2 nights June 9th^
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Did anyone receive a confirmation email of their points booking at Comfort Hotel Diana in Venice?
I have not received one. I have requested confirmation email multiple times- Booking shows fine online.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crzn
Did anyone receive a confirmation email of their points booking at Comfort Hotel Diana in Venice?
I have not received one. I have requested confirmation email multiple times- Booking shows fine online.
I got my confirmation email within a day of booking. I print out the page from the website, because it looks better than the one in the email, but either should work.

I had a res missing, so I emailed Choice and they emailed me back saying everything was OK, just a problem with the website.

I love the deals (especially in Europe), but they really ought to overhaul their IT staff.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigLar
I got my confirmation email within a day of booking. I print out the page from the website, because it looks better than the one in the email, but either should work.

I had a res missing, so I emailed Choice and they emailed me back saying everything was OK, just a problem with the website.

I love the deals (especially in Europe), but they really ought to overhaul their IT staff.
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

I finally got my confirmation email today for a booking on March 25.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
Can't find availability for any dates at all. I hope OP was not right!
Old May 12, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I booked it for early July about 2 weeks ago (Platinum 75 day window). I think I checked again a week later and availability was gone.

[edit] checked closed to 75 days from now and indeed no availability at all.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
I booked it for early July about 2 weeks ago (Platinum 75 day window). I think I checked again a week later and availability was gone.

[edit] checked closed to 75 days from now and indeed no availability at all.
Yep. Not a single room available, points or cash, between now and next January (that's as far as I checked). I guess it's gone.

I'm glad I got the award stay in last month (they told me it was fabulous). This is getting to be a habit - first the Etiole Saint Honore in Paris and now the Diana.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.