Search

ID Theft @ Comfort Inn in OK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
ID Theft @ Comfort Inn in OK

Wife got an email last week to "rate your stay with our hotel"

We are in CA and this was a Comfort Inn in OK. Normally, we ignore these as spam, but I decided to call in. The front desk emailed a copy of the folio to the email on record, my wife's, and it had her name + an old mailing address we haven't used in 3+ years

There was also a rewards # associated with the stay and the last 4 of a CC I didn't recognize.

The GM of the hotel has blown me off all day (called 3 times and was given all sorts of excuses), called the local police department to file a report, but they are calling me back.

I am trying to get Choice to find out more information about this... and she filed with experian to put a 90 day freeze on everything

It looks like they used her name, address, and email with someone else's credit card..
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Did they use your wife's Choice Privileges Account? With the little information you've provided it seems like a more likely explanation is that the wrong Choice Privileges account number was used, which is tied to your wife's name, address, and phone number, and the person paid with their own credit card, and it is nothing more than a clerical error.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Beckles
Did they use your wife's Choice Privileges Account? With the little information you've provided it seems like a more likely explanation is that the wrong Choice Privileges account number was used, which is tied to your wife's name, address, and phone number, and the person paid with their own credit card, and it is nothing more than a clerical error.
I think OP tried to answer the bolded by:

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
Wife got an email last week to "rate your stay with our hotel"

We are in CA and this was a Comfort Inn in OK. Normally, we ignore these as spam, but I decided to call in. The front desk emailed a copy of the folio to the email on record, my wife's, and it had her name + an old mailing address we haven't used in 3+ years

There was also a rewards # associated with the stay and the last 4 of a CC I didn't recognize.

The GM of the hotel has blown me off all day (called 3 times and was given all sorts of excuses), called the local police department to file a report, but they are calling me back.

I am trying to get Choice to find out more information about this... and she filed with experian to put a 90 day freeze on everything

It looks like they used her name, address, and email with someone else's credit card..
This part is odd and seems unlike ID Theft. Also, re the thread title, does OP have any reason to believe that the hotel was involved in anything?

Last edited by FindAWay; Jul 22, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.