Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

2014 $50 GC bonus: two trips=8000 points, 5/22-8/20, reg req, US/Can (was:Summer ...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 $50 GC bonus: two trips=8000 points, 5/22-8/20, reg req, US/Can (was:Summer ...)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Has anyone seen or heard if there will be a summer bonus and when it will start? I have a couple dates in late May I could use and no one really has much to offer.

Mod note:

Last edited by ftnoob; May 20, 2014 at 7:22 am Reason: Insert jump ahead links
Old May 11, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points bonus, no, haven't heard.

However, there is are AA and US 3x miles (750 miles per stay) bonuses through mid-June:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...u-apr-4-a.html

That's what I'll be shifting to after next week.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: National Rental - Executive
Originally Posted by lilmama48
Has anyone seen or heard if there will be a summer bonus and when it will start? I have a couple dates in late May I could use and no one really has much to offer.
No one has a decent promo right now. SPG and Marriott's both suck, was hoping Choice would do the $50 gift cards thing.

Maybe the good promos are being saved for late summer, all I know is I'll be using points when possible because there are no incentives anywhere in May.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This just popped up at Best Western (where the previous promo still has a few more days ago):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...1-31-15-a.html
Old May 15, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
I just saw a promo email for summer 8000 points for a $50 gas card.
Old May 16, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by dd1612
I just saw a promo email for summer 8000 points for a $50 gas card.
Link?
Old May 16, 2014, 6:53 am
alc

Originally Posted by carraher
Link?
http://www.choicehotels.com/giftcard
Old May 16, 2014, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2014 "$50 gift card" bonus: two trips = 8000 points, 5/22-8/20, must register, US/Can

http://www.choicehotels.com/giftcard

Arrival[/U] has to be between 5/22 and 8/20.

Registration first is required.

Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum will earn an extra 250 bonus points for stays booked on Choice website.

Earning must be set to Choice points. (There are some separate overlapping airline promos, but you have to choose between one and the other.)

"Trips at Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels must be a minimum of two consecutive nights"

(Ie, it's basically the same as last year's summer promo, except for the specific dates, and perhaps the list of gift cards may be different.)

US/Canada residents only, per the T&Cs.

Earn a $50 gift card for dining, shopping, or gas when you take two separate trips.*

How do I earn?
•Register below before your first trip and earn an unlimited amount of gift cards during the promotion

•Book at ChoiceHotels.com, via the Choice Hotels mobile app, or by calling 800.4CHOICE. After your second qualifying trip with arrival between May 22 and August 20, 2014, you’ll receive enough Choice Privileges® points to redeem for a $50 gift card of your choice for a participating dining, shopping, or gas retailer; corporate travelers can book through a travel agent or corporate booking system

•Trips at Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels must be a minimum of two consecutive nights

•Remember to make sure your preference is set to earn Choice Privileges points in your Choice Privileges account
What retailers can I earn gift cards for?
•View a list of participating gift cards; and be sure to redeem by September 30, 2014
What if I’m an Elite Diamond or Platinum member? Do I have any booking perks?
•Elite Diamond and Platinum members will receive 250 Choice Privileges bonus points with every qualifying trip if they book on ChoiceHotels.com; these members can also book directly with a hotel but will not earn the 250 bonus points

T&Cs:

Member must register at ChoiceHotels.com before arrival and book their trips at ChoiceHotels.com, via the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE at qualifying rates. Member may also book through a travel agent or corporate online booking system. Choice Privileges member number must be provided upon check-in. After a second qualifying trip with arrival between 5/22/14 and 8/20/14, member will be awarded enough bonus points to reach the 8,000 point level, which can be redeemed until 9/30/14 for one (1) $50 gift card at defined retailers on ChoiceHotels.com/giftcard. Only members earning this bonus qualify to redeem for the $50 gift card. Only members who register for the promotion are eligible to earn the defined promotional gift cards during the promotion. Terms and conditions apply to $50 gift card options. See card for details. Choice Privileges Diamond and Platinum members who register and book through ChoiceHotels.com will receive an additional 250 Choice Privileges bonus points after every qualifying trip during the promotional period; these members can also book directly with a hotel but will not earn the 250 bonus points. Trips at vacation rental property locations do not qualify for promotional bonus points. For Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria Suites® or Ascend Hotel Collection® hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is two (2) or more consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. To be eligible to earn the bonus, members must set their earning preference to Choice Privileges points in their online account. Any change made to earning preference will remain in effect after the promotion has ended. Allow 72 hours from check-out for points to post. You must maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada to be eligible for this promotion. For Choice Privileges program details, eligible rates, eligible countries and point redemption rules, visit choiceprivileges.com. Hotels are independently owned and operated.

(Thanks to alc for providing the link in another thread!)

Last edited by sdsearch; May 18, 2014 at 2:27 pm Reason: removed reference to FAQ being wrong since it's now been fixed
Old May 16, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by sdsearch
(There are some separate overlapping airline promos, but you have to choose between one and the other.)
Where do I find those?
Old May 16, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks a lot. I don't know why I couldn't find it on the website.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
Where do I find those?
The airline bonuses are covered in this thread (which contains Choice links):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...u-apr-4-a.html

Btw, UA is now 3x and runs through Jun 30, plus until the end of May there's also Aeroplan at 3x. (All that's covered inside that thread, but that thread's title hasn't been updated.)

Last edited by sdsearch; May 16, 2014 at 11:44 am
Old May 18, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: Choice Hotels, Aeroplan, Enterprise
Originally Posted by carraher
Thanks a lot. I don't know why I couldn't find it on the website.

^Thanks for the link, just enrolled!
Old May 18, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The FAQ page now works.

Its direct link is:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...AQs-summer.xml

For convenience now as well as future refrence, here is the bulk of the FAQs:
What is our Two Stays Pays promotion?
Choice Privileges® members will receive enough Choice Privileges points to redeem for a $50 gift card of their choice for a participating dining, shopping, or gas retailer after completing their second qualifying trip when booking via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE. Members must register at ChoiceHotels.com/giftcard in advance of their trip to be eligible.

What are the dates for Two Stays Pays?
This promotion applies to trips with arrival between May 22 and August 20, 2014.

Is registration required to participate?
Yes, Choice Privileges members must register at ChoiceHotels.com before their first trip to earn an unlimited amount of gift cards during the promotion.

Is there a booking requirement?
Yes, members must book via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE with arrival between May 22 and August 20, 2014.

What if I’m an Elite Diamond or Elite Platinum Choice Privileges member? Do I have booking perks?
Yes, Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum members receive 250 Choice Privileges bonus points with every qualifying trip booked on ChoiceHotels.com. These members also have the opportunity to book directly with a hotel.

If I’m a corporate traveler, are bookings made through a travel agent or corporate booking system eligible?
Yes, bookings made by Choice Privileges members through a travel agent or corporate booking systems are eligible for this promotion.

How do I redeem my Choice Privileges points for a $50 gift card for dining, shopping, or gas?
You can redeem your Choice Privileges points for a $50 gift card for participating dining, shopping, or gas retailers through your online profile at ChoiceHotels.com or by calling the Choice Privileges Service Center. During this promotion, a $50 gift card for a participating dining, shopping, or gas retailer is discounted to the 8,000 Choice Privileges point level.

Can any guest earn a $50 gift card?
Guests must be a Choice Privileges member and maintain an address in the U.S. (including U.S. territories) or Canada and register at ChoiceHotels.com/giftcard in advance of their first trip with arrival between May 22 and August 20, 2014 to be eligible for this promotion. Only members earning this bonus qualify to redeem for a $50 gift card for a participating dining, shopping, or gas retailer.

Is there a deadline to redeem for a $50 gift card?
Yes, members have until September 30, 2014 to redeem their Choice Privileges bonus points for a $50 gift card at a participating dining, shopping, or gas retailer.

What are the participating retailers included in Two Stays Pays?
U.S. Resident Options

Dining:
• Bahama Breeze
• Chili’s
• LongHorn Steakhouse
• Olive Garden
• Red Lobster

Shopping:
• Amazon
• Macy’s

Gas:
• BP
• Chevron/Texaco
• ExxonMobil
• Shell
• Sunoco

Canada Resident Options

Dining:
• Harvey’s
• Kelsey’s
• Milestones Restaurant
• Montana’s Cookhouse
• St. Hubert
• Swiss Chalet

Shopping:
• Canadian Tire
• Future Shop
• The Gap
• Hudson Bay Company
• Lowe’s

Gas:
• Esso
• Petro Canada

How many times can I receive a $50 gift card?
Choice Privileges members who register for the promotion can earn an unlimited amount of gift cards after completing each second qualifying trip with arrival between May 22 and August 20, 2014.

How is a "trip" defined?
For Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria Suites® or Ascend Hotel Collection® hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. For Econo Lodge®, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, or MainStay Suites® hotels, a trip is defined as a stay that is two (2) or more consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs.

Are international trips included in the promotion?
Yes, trips to all hotels included in the Choice Privileges program will count towards the promotion—as long as a qualifying trip is booked via ChoiceHotels.com, the Choice Hotels mobile app, or 800.4CHOICE.

Can I use the Choice Privileges points earned any way I choose?
You may redeem the Choice Privileges points earned for any redemption option you wish; however, you can only redeem your bonus points for the $50 gift card at the promotion discount until September 30, 2014.

When will the bonus points post to my account?
After completing your second qualifying trip, allow 72 hours from check-out for the bonus points to post to your Choice Privileges account.

When do my Choice Privileges points expire?
Choice Privileges points expire on December 31, two years after the year in which they were deposited into your account unless forfeited or canceled earlier due to membership inactivity or otherwise in accordance to these rules and regulations.

Do I need to have my preference set to earn Choice Privileges points in my account to earn points during the promotion?
Yes, in order to receive your Choice Privileges points earned during the promotion, your preference must be set to earn Choice Privileges points in your account. If you currently have airline miles as your earning preference, you will need to change your preference to earn Choice Privileges points in order to receive your points earned during the promotion. Your earning preference will remain set to Choice Privileges points after the promotion has ended. If you want to revert back to earning airline miles, you must reset your earning preference in your online account.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks to all who have provided links on this board. As a Gold, these are the only way I was able to access this promotion. I've received no email notice, and it's not one of the promo panels that flashes across on Choicehotels.com or the Choice Privileges homepage. Maybe only Plats and Diamonds have gotten it, so far? Or maybe it's another "Choice Privileges promo rollout"?
Old May 19, 2014, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
Maybe only Plats and Diamonds have gotten it, so far?
I'm Diamond and I haven't gotten an email yet. (And since I've already registered, will I ever?)

However, I don't think the main website link was that hard to guess, given that it's exactly the same link as last year and the year before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.