Points booking? Fees or?

Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Points booking? Fees or?

I recently made several POINTS room reservations for several cities in Ireland and have received confirmation E-mails from some of the hotels mentioning the room rate of €25 with no mention of points. Is this normal and perhaps the €25 is the amount CP reimburses the hotels? Or do I need to worry this is addition to the points paid? A sample below of part of one of the Emails. Thanks

Reservation information:
Confirmation Number: XXXXXXX
Arrival Date: XXXX, June X, 2014
Departure Date: XXXXXX, JuneX, 2014
Room Type: Standard Double
No. of Guests: 2 Adults, 0 Children
No. of Rooms: 1
Rate: €25.00 per room per night
Package Basis: Room only
Check-in Time: 15:00 (GMT)
Checkout Time: 12:00 (GMT)
Booking Notes:
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
In my Ireland stays using Choice points, my e-mailed reservation confirmations did not look like the one in your post. Mine looked like the reservation confirmation I would get if I made a reservation for Amarillo using points. (I haven't stayed in all the Choice hotels in Ireland; maybe some of them routinely send confirmations like the one in your post.)

I was never asked to pay a cent by a Choice hotel for a stay using points. Everything always went smoothly at check in and check out.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scruffy
I was never asked to pay a cent by a Choice hotel for a stay using points.
In one or two places (including a Choice Scandinavia hotel at OSL airport definitely), I was charged a few dollars (equivalent) in taxes on an award stay, and tried to argue it away to no avail. Resort fees at resort hotels may also apply on rewards stays, I can't remember.

But those are not the "rate", those are additional fees. So none of those things should explain what's in the reservation above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.