Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

When consecutive nights do NOT count as one stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

At the top of the year, I stayed a night at a Rodeway. It was nice enough. I made a second reservation for the following night. According to the general ChoicePrivileges rules, that's one stay. But when I looked at my account, it didn't fulfill the two-night stay requirement of a Rodeway Inn stay toward the current 3,000-point promo. Two one night stays, worth nothing toward the promo. I asked ChoicePrivileges to fix it, but they said they could not. Called them back. Same answer. Called them back. Same answer. Spoke to a supervisor. Same answer. A human cannot fix what the computer has wrought. Hm.

It's the rule when it works for them to only count consecutive nights as one stay (about which I have no problem) but not the other way around when it should work in the member's favor.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The reason I did the second night as a new online reservation, rather than extend the one I had, was that the hotel front desk person couldn't extend at the VIP rate that I had.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
It doesn't surprise me. Their supervisors have proven to me that they are not worth their title.

It's the weakest hotel group I've worked with , and I'm not bothering with them anymore except to drain my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.