Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

What happens if your stay begins May 15 but lasts two days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happens if your stay begins May 15 but lasts two days

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question What happens if your stay begins May 15 but lasts two days

If I check in for a two day stay on May 15th, will it count towards the promo if I depart on May 17th? Reading the terms it appears it might through the promo is officially over at Midnight on May 15th. I have a two night stay at a Econo Lodge which I am required to stay 2 nights to get one credit.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
If I check in for a two day stay on May 15th, will it count towards the promo if I depart on May 17th? Reading the terms it appears it might through the promo is officially over at Midnight on May 15th. I have a two night stay at a Econo Lodge which I am required to stay 2 nights to get one credit.
The terms say:

"After a second qualifying stay with arrival between 2/28/13 and 5/15/13"

So your check-out date doesn't matter, only your check-in date matters.

(I don't know if this would work for a much much much longer stay, but it seems to me that it should work for a two-night stay.)

The promo doesn't "official end" anytime. It's your simplification into saying the promo starts and ends on particular days that is causing you the confusion. The promo has a range of check-in dates for which it's valid. The promo doesn't have dates other than check-in dates, so the promo itself doesn't "start" or "end" on those dates, those are simply the first and last possible check-in dates.
Old May 10, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
You need to look at the T&C to really see what the fine print says on this.

On the surface since your stay begins on the 15th and is for 2 nights that should qualify you.

Remember its for 2 stays...not 2 nights.

You need to have one stay already on the books from 2/28-5/13 in order to get the 8,000 bonus points.

With Econolodge and roadeway and others you need to stay 2 consec nights to get a credit in this promo...then 2 credits=8,000 bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.