Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

New Promo Dec 2012 - Triple Points after 2nd Stay

Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond

Just received by email.
Tried to register. Got error message. Will try again, later.

PROMO DETAILS:

Register now before your first stay at ChoiceHotels.com to earn up to 50,000 Choice Privileges® bonus points during the promotion
Book at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE and after your second stay with arrival between December 13, 2012 and February 20, 2013 you'll earn triple Choice Privileges points with every qualifying stay; corporate travelers can book through a travel agent or corporate booking system
Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum members can book directly with a hotel, however if they book through ChoiceHotels.com, these members will receive 100 additional Choice Privileges points with every qualifying stay
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Registration is working now......
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Not the best promo, but better than nothing especially when Christmas / New Year period is included

NB : Is there a link to register ?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager

NB : Is there a link to register ?
This should do it....

http://www.choicehotels.com/triplepoints
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Merci....

...beaucoup!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Capped at 50,000 points. That's only about 20 nights at $75/night. Looks like the promotion runs about 10 weeks. Many of us are sure to cap this out.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Capping it out

Originally Posted by n dakota
Capped at 50,000 points. That's only about 20 nights at $75/night. Looks like the promotion runs about 10 weeks. Many of us are sure to cap this out.
Agreed except i wish they started it on the 10th as my travels will be up for December by the 13th. I have no idea what January holds or February but I could use 50K of choice points when my fav hotels are charging 20K a night during season. Tough to walk away from Double Miles or Double Points in Q1 at Hilton though.....have to think about which to do.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: CP-Diamond, UA-Platinum, National (Exec. Elite)
Thanks for the link/update

Thanks to all for the update/link on this (could not find on CP site) and the posts on the other CP threads. Finding this link allowed me to update my accomodations this week to get a single night in on the 13th and capture the full bonus next week.

I agree with the other posters that this promotion will cap out quickly, but its better to cap out than to leave points on the table.

Thanks again to all - my first post
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Sucks, my last stay of the year was a checkout on the 13th.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Many Hotels Raising Point Requirements

Well My Favorite Choice Hotel has now raised their summer points requirements to 30,000 !!! I have watched this happen year over year while the promotions didnt keep up. I am glad they will give us a chance to earn 50,000 points soon but that doesn't even get me 2 nights at my preferred choice location!!!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:45 am
Original Poster

just got an email from Choice, reminding me about this promo. The email states:

"You've already registered, now you're just one stay away from earning triple points on every qualifying stay!
Remember you can earn up to 50,000 Choice Privileges® bonus points during the promotion"

Problem is - I've been earning triple points for several stays already. There is no excuse for them sending out emails like this, so late in the promo, misleading or confusing members.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.