Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

What's the Maximum points required by a Choice Hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Maximum points required by a Choice Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question What's the Maximum points required by a Choice Hotel?

Was wondering what the maximum amount of points per night that is required at a Choice Hotel? I found one that required 30,000 points per night and was wondering if there are hotels that require more and where they are?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 'normal' max is 25,000. I don't know why or how many of the 30,000 point properties there are - never ran into one.

In the Pacific, I think it's New Zealand, the typical (non-sale/non-promo rate) seems to be 75,000 points, which is so far off the chart I'd be quite surprised if anyone ever paid that much.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And to be clear these are for Choice hotels. You can redeem Choice points from some partner hotel programs, and those may have different maximums.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And to be clear these are for Choice hotels. You can redeem Choice points from some partner hotel programs, and those may have different maximums.
Yeah - typically 60,000 for the ones I've seen, although I believe they go down as far as 30,000 for a few of them.

Still, the [apparently discontinued] winter sale in the Preferred program was an event to look forward to in the past. Wonder if they'll ever bring it back?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by BigLar
The 'normal' max is 25,000. I don't know why or how many of the 30,000 point properties there are - never ran into one.

In the Pacific, I think it's New Zealand, the typical (non-sale/non-promo rate) seems to be 75,000 points, which is so far off the chart I'd be quite surprised if anyone ever paid that much.
I think Oz and NZ used to have their own separate program with much higher point requirements. When they joined the Nort American program, the point requirements remained high. Many South Pacific properties are basically motels, and the normal point requirement seems like a joke. Occasionally, however, there are brief promos and the point requirement goes down considerably (last time it dropped to 8000 points/night, about a year ago). That doesn't happen very often, though. Only twice, AFAIK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.