Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Canadian Offer; 24,000 Points with new MBNA Choice Privileges Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Offer; 24,000 Points with new MBNA Choice Privileges Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: *void
Got my letter too. Says the final points from this card's spending will be posted in the Oct statement.

Some update for my erroneously diverted points. As mentioned, they created a new Choice account for me, and deposited my points there. But, I still have 5,000 points in my existing Choice account, so I contacted MBNA on July 23rd. They submitted a request to merge the two accounts, "if possible". IF POSSIBLE!?!

Anyway, I logged into my Choice account yesterday, and I see at the top of the page it says I have 24,015 points, which is the number of points I've earned after getting the 24K welcome and spending $7.50 on it. However, on the same page, at the main section of my account summary, it still shows I only have 5,000 points. Huh? Like, they've sort of deposited the points into my existing account, but it needs a bit more gas to go the final distance to get added into my points total.

VH, any update on your end? Did you get your new points moved into your existing Choice account? If your bill hasn't cycled yet, best to contact MBNA now to correct your Choice account attached to your card account. Save yourself some trouble, for when the points do post.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: aeroplan airmiles priorityclub choiceprivilege asiamiles spg bw
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Got my letter too. Says the final points from this card's spending will be posted in the Oct statement.

Some update for my erroneously diverted points. As mentioned, they created a new Choice account for me, and deposited my points there. But, I still have 5,000 points in my existing Choice account, so I contacted MBNA on July 23rd. They submitted a request to merge the two accounts, "if possible". IF POSSIBLE!?!

Anyway, I logged into my Choice account yesterday, and I see at the top of the page it says I have 24,015 points, which is the number of points I've earned after getting the 24K welcome and spending $7.50 on it. However, on the same page, at the main section of my account summary, it still shows I only have 5,000 points. Huh? Like, they've sort of deposited the points into my existing account, but it needs a bit more gas to go the final distance to get added into my points total.

VH, any update on your end? Did you get your new points moved into your existing Choice account? If your bill hasn't cycled yet, best to contact MBNA now to correct your Choice account attached to your card account. Save yourself some trouble, for when the points do post.
I have actually contacted MBNA about the "new" Choice account issue before my statement. The CSR was nice enough to "fix" the problem for me, and ask that I wait at least 30 days after my statement to see which account the points would end up. Well, my statement has just been generated, but the points are not in the account yet. I will wait a few more days and check again.

At the time I contacted MBNA, the csr did mention about the points were in "pending" so I am confident I will get the points eventually.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:44 pm

No doubt you'll get the points, but into which account?

On page 3 of your statement, where it shows you the +24,000 pts, it also shows you the choice account number.

If it's not your existing account I would suggest you to call Choice and explain that you need the two accounts merged.

Originally, i contacted MBNA but as reported, the points didn't quite consolidate completely. So I then contacted Choice and the rep merged them for me within minutes. Good luck!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:16 pm

No doubt you'll get the points, but into which account?

On page 3 of your statement, where it shows you the +24,000 pts, it also shows you the choice account number.

If it's not your existing account I would suggest you to call Choice and explain that you need the two accounts merged.

Originally, i contacted MBNA but as reported, the points didn't quite consolidate completely. So I then contacted Choice and the rep merged them for me within minutes. Good luck!
I've checked the statement, it shows the "correct" or "old" Choice account. But the points have not arrived yet at that account. I hope it is a matter of time now ...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:48 am

Bad news for me and possibly others who used this offer either 1 day prior (June 8) or on the day the promotion ended (June 9).

I signed up through GCR for the bonus cashback, everything went well during the sign up, got my cashback posted quickly to my account, got my MBNA choice privilege card very quickly, got elite gold, made a few purchases on the card eligible for the 24k points that this offer was rendering.
8k points posted to my choice account almost immediately. Thats it.. nada mas! Its been a battle since then...

Now to my dismay I was told by GCR that MBNA pulled the promo one day earlier than June 9th deadline! So GCR took off the 24k promo and put the 8k promo in its place, then MBNA put the promo back on, so GCR put the 24k promo back on its site.. This is the timeframe where I signed up...

The last MBNA rep I spoke to told me that she could see the promo code that I had signed up under was not the 24k promo but rather the 8k promo... thus "there" reason for not allowing me my due 24k points...

So, I guess my luck has been put to a halt because of the promo pulled early then put back on for the short period of time between June 8 and 9th. Somehow the 24k promo code did not track and I was signed up under the regular 8k promo code... So its tough luck for me and possibly others..
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by voyageuse
Bad news for me and possibly others who used this offer either 1 day prior (June 8) or on the day the promotion ended (June 9).

I signed up through GCR for the bonus cashback, everything went well during the sign up, got my cashback posted quickly to my account, got my MBNA choice privilege card very quickly, got elite gold, made a few purchases on the card eligible for the 24k points that this offer was rendering.
8k points posted to my choice account almost immediately. Thats it.. nada mas! Its been a battle since then...

Now to my dismay I was told by GCR that MBNA pulled the promo one day earlier than June 9th deadline! So GCR took off the 24k promo and put the 8k promo in its place, then MBNA put the promo back on, so GCR put the 24k promo back on its site.. This is the timeframe where I signed up...

The last MBNA rep I spoke to told me that she could see the promo code that I had signed up under was not the 24k promo but rather the 8k promo... thus "there" reason for not allowing me my due 24k points...

So, I guess my luck has been put to a halt because of the promo pulled early then put back on for the short period of time between June 8 and 9th. Somehow the 24k promo code did not track and I was signed up under the regular 8k promo code... So its tough luck for me and possibly others..
I wonder if the same fate awaits me.
I was told that I should be receiving the 24k by csr 3+ wks ago. So far, still no show ...
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:54 pm

voyageuse, FWIW, I applied thru GCR on Jun 7th evening, 2 days before promo expired. Got full 24K.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:28 am

voyageuse, FWIW, I applied thru GCR on Jun 7th evening, 2 days before promo expired. Got full 24K.
It happened that I applied via GCR on the same day as you.

However, I just checked my Choice's account and the 24K pts are still missing.

I was assured by MBNA's csr several wks ago that I would get it.

Have you actually received the pts in your Choice's account?

(I stayed at a comfort inn last week for 12k pts.
Not too shabby ... ^ )
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by ValueHunter99

Not too shabby ... ^ )
I too was assured by 2 different MBNA reps that I would get the 16k missing points. Until the last rep I spoke to said that the promo code was not correct for the 24k promotion...

I have so far only received 8k points in my choice account (plus the points for my purchases of course), nothing else.. The 8k bonus showed up upon the very first statement, very quickly.. but those 16k missing points are still not showing up..

thanks for your input..

Last edited by voyageuse; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:30 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:35 pm

thank you for your input JJonahJ,
But I think the problem in my case is the "date" "time" "moment" that the promo was supposedly pulled then put back that caused the problems I and maybe others are getting. I may be wrong, but this is what I have been told by GCR rep. MBNA now says the promo code they show for my transaction is not the code for the 24k promo. I know that I signed up in time and correctly for this promo, but its been a baseball game all along, of them throwing the ball at each other and me in between trying to catch it... shees..
Regards,

Last edited by voyageuse; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:38 pm Reason: spelling errors again. time for bed I believe...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:25 pm

Not too shabby ... ^ )
Yes, got the 24K, listed on my statement, but I noticed it was going to a WRONG Choice account. Had to call MBNA to submit a request to move the points to my existing Choice account...they got the wheels moving, but in the end I called Choice and they merged the points for me.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:57 am

Yes, got the 24K, listed on my statement, but I noticed it was going to a WRONG Choice account. Had to call MBNA to submit a request to move the points to my existing Choice account...they got the wheels moving, but in the end I called Choice and they merged the points for me.
Well, I just contacted MBNA about my missing points. Seems like they have no clue where they've gone. Then I contacted Choice, and the nice lady confirmed that the 24K pts went to the "new" Choice account. So she said she would just merge the accounts and close the "new" account. This will take a few days to complete. ^

(The line to Choice's customer service was pretty bad, could barely hear the csr ... )
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:52 am

Well, I just contacted MBNA about my missing points. Seems like they have no clue where they've gone. Then I contacted Choice, and the nice lady confirmed that the 24K pts went to the "new" Choice account. So she said she would just merge the accounts and close the "new" account. This will take a few days to complete. ^

(The line to Choice's customer service was pretty bad, could barely hear the csr ... )
That's cuz it's connecting to the US support team...clarity ends at the border.

When I talked to Choice, they were able to merge the points within ~5mins. Now, maybe it's cuz MBNA already contacted them to inform them that my points were in limbo, but in any event, if the Choice rep is able to confirm your identity, over both accounts, the merge should've happened during the phone call. IMHO, anyways. Good luck.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:43 pm

Lets see if I am correctly understanding this... You applied same day as me, did you use your original choice acct number to apply? If yes, if I understand correctly you are saying that when you called choice you found out that you had been assigned a new choice number and the 24k points were in that new account??? Thank you for your reply.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by voyageuse
Lets see if I am correctly understanding this... You applied same day as me, did you use your original choice acct number to apply? If yes, if I understand correctly you are saying that when you called choice you found out that you had been assigned a new choice number and the 24k points were in that new account??? Thank you for your reply.
No. I applied on the same day as JJ.

Yes, a new Choice account was opened for me even though I already had one when applying for the MBNA-Choice CC.

Update: I now received my 24k in my "old" Choice account. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.