Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Transferring points to Southwest problem...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

I'm trying to transfer points from the Choice Priv to Southwest. It seems pretty straight forward but when I plug in my SW number it won't process. I called Choice WEB support and they think it should be a different SW number. What?

UPDATE:
They say SW has done something to their system/numbers and the transfer has to be done manually.

Last edited by pkerr; Aug 27, 2012 at 11:32 am
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:50 am

Did you try inputting the leading zeroes in your Rapid Reward account number?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Well I would have if I had leading zeros. When I logged onto my Rapid Rewards account there weren't any. My account shows an 11 digit number with no leading zeros.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Technically, your account does have leading 0's. Try putting 4 and then try putting 5 and see if that works.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: status-less.
Originally Posted by lougord99
Technically, your account does have leading 0's. Try putting 4 and then try putting 5 and see if that works.
I think all RR numbers are 14 digits total. Mine has five zeroes followed by 9 non-zero digits.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtaft
I think all RR numbers are 14 digits total. Mine has five zeroes followed by 9 non-zero digits.
That sounds right. Mine has six zeroes followed by 8 non-zero digits.

So, yes, to the OP, try putting in enough zeroes to make the total number of digits 14.

(Yes, the Southwest site doesn't show the leading zeroes any more. You have to have printed a Southwest card a few years ago to see it. But I think Choice's system is still excpeting the leading zeroes, so just add them as described above and see if that doesn't fix it.)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pkerr
Well I would have if I had leading zeros. When I logged onto my Rapid Rewards account there weren't any. My account shows an 11 digit number with no leading zeros.
If you have 11 digits, add 3 leading 0s, to make a total of 14 digits.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:01 pm

Just wanted to thank you guys - had the same problem and was going nuts today trying to figure out what I was doing wrong (needed three zeroes before my number)..........you all rock
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:51 am

Yeah, just had this problem also. Added 3 leading 0's - problem solved. Thanks FT!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:37 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Please report here whether your transferred points count as Companion Pass Qualifying Points when they arrive or up to a day or two later.

There have been anonymous reports of trouble with Club Carlson transfers, and I'd like to know if the problem exists for other hotel programs.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Please report here whether your transferred points count as Companion Pass Qualifying Points when they arrive or up to a day or two later.

There have been anonymous reports of trouble with Club Carlson transfers, and I'd like to know if the problem exists for other hotel programs.
Made 2 transfers within the last 2 weeks from Marriott, both counted for Companion Pass. They both posted about 48 hours after I called Marriott. Initiated a transfer from Choice Hotels on Feb 5, still waiting for it to post to Southwest.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:31 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
Made 2 transfers within the last 2 weeks from Marriott, both counted for Companion Pass. They both posted about 48 hours after I called Marriott. Initiated a transfer from Choice Hotels on Feb 5, still waiting for it to post to Southwest.
Thank you! I now suspect a temporary implementation problem with the Carlson transfers. Perhaps they are being entered manually and the person doing the data entry doesn't know about CPQP's.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:43 am

My choice transfer posted in less than a week.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:18 am

My Choice points transfer posted in exactly a week and counted towards Companion Pass.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:13 pm

I transfered my point on a Saturday and it was posted the following Sunday and it counted toward the companion pass as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.