Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Any limit on number of rooms booked with points?

Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere

Seven family members are taking a cruise together and we are booking rooms for one pre-cruise night and taking advantage of the Italy sale where rooms are available for 8,000 to 10,000 per night. I've got a couple of rooms booked to hold four of us, but right now the rest of the rooms available at the hotel either have one single bed or one double bed. The way our party is made up that essentially means I'll need to book three more rooms with one person per room or just pay for a a triple room out of pocket. I'd rather get the free rooms.

I'm just curious if there is any limit on the number of rooms booked on points. I hate for us to seem like the three little pigs! But....
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not that I know of.

I booked three rooms for four nights in Paris last Fall, and I have booked up to five rooms in Dublin (though we dropped back to four when one party couldn't make it). And the rooms were the best they had.

So, I wouldn't feel either hesitant or guilty about booking as many as they make available.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Seven family members are taking a cruise together and we are booking rooms for one pre-cruise night and taking advantage of the Italy sale where rooms are available for 8,000 to 10,000 per night. I've got a couple of rooms booked to hold four of us, but right now the rest of the rooms available at the hotel either have one single bed or one double bed. The way our party is made up that essentially means I'll need to book three more rooms with one person per room or just pay for a a triple room out of pocket. I'd rather get the free rooms.

I'm just curious if there is any limit on the number of rooms booked on points. I hate for us to seem like the three little pigs! But....
I've booked 20-25 rooms using points for a single date, most of the room nights covered by one account and the remainder covered by pulls from a second account. The key for me seemed to be making them as separate reservations on the phone and having the confirmation numbers in hand and printouts to show and getting check-in done that way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.