The game's afoot, Watson!

Subscribe
Here we go again!

A brief check of my CP account (and they did dump in my 2500 point bonus) led me to do my usual check on the hotels I like.

So far, it seems that most of Paris (and pretty much all my fav hotels in the Nice area) are on sale at 8000 points/night until (at least) June 30. No data so far on London, etc., but I'll check that out later.

Whoo-hoo!!

If you were planning on hitting Europe this spring, now's the time to check out the Choice props there. Especially if your stash is a little anemic.
London's lookin' good, too!

Don't know when the Olympics are scheduled, but if the time overlaps, here's an opportunity to grab hotel rooms for peanuts (and thumb your nose at the guys paying hundreds for London stays )

Gotta love it!
Rome looks like just the Bolivar and Nova Domus.

Still ....
Thanks to BigLar, Ace Scout, or Ace Detective this time, for the alert.

Duly noted that you're not mentioning where YOU want to go...

That's OK. You don't have to. Please don't. Time for us to go to work. Thank you again for the early heads up. ^
Quote: Don't know when the Olympics are scheduled, but if the time overlaps, here's an opportunity to grab hotel rooms for peanuts (and thumb your nose at the guys paying hundreds for London stays )
Every hotel in London is listed as 8000 points/night until June 30. I looked it up, and the opening ceremony for the Olympics is July 27. I'm willing to bet there will be nothing available (for awards) about that time. Probably not much for paid stays, either, and what's available you wouldn't want to pay the price.

But, a week or so in Paris in April or May for a little over 50K points (which is not all that much in Choice points) sure looks mightly attractive. Sure puts the stay 2/get 8K promo in a different light, no?
Three of four Choice properties in Prague are going for 8000/night in April, and the fourth is still only 16K. Or you could pay 20K for the Clarion in Virginia Beach I stayed in last night for $60, tax included. . .
Quote: Or you could pay 20K for the Clarion in Virginia Beach I stayed in last night for $60, tax included. . .
I guarantee you, every property in Europe is more than $60/night. In many cases much more.

Let's see ... 8000 points/night for a $300/night hotel room ... hmmmm ... well, you do the math.
This happened last year too, didn't it? I hope this becomes a yearly trend as I am planning a trip to Paris & Italy in June 2013 and would love to burn my Choice points at such a cheap redemption rate! ^
I looked at some hotels in Paris in May, but the availabilities are limited... For example Clarion Collection opera has no room at all during the week I checked, and during the week-end they have just single bed room... although there is a lot of room available with the best available rate

Anyway, thanks BigLar for the alert...
Quote: This happened last year too, didn't it? I hope this becomes a yearly trend as I am planning a trip to Paris & Italy in June 2013 and would love to burn my Choice points at such a cheap redemption rate! ^
Yes. Twice. ^
Quote: I looked at some hotels in Paris in May, but the availabilities are limited... For example Clarion Collection opera has no room at all during the week I checked, and during the week-end they have just single bed room... although there is a lot of room available with the best available rate

Anyway, thanks BigLar for the alert...
Not sure when you're looking for, but a quick check on single nights up to the first week in May (I'm only a Gold) shows lots of availability.

A couple of places are at the 16,000 point level (Clarion Axel Opera, e.g.), which is still a good deal.

Keep trying, and looking through this forum and Tripadvisor (for what it's worth) shows a number of Paris hotels which might be worthwhile.
I was looking for the week of 14th May.
Nothing available at the Clarion Collection Opera (except 2 single beds the Sunday, but I'll be with my GF so it's not the best).
Best value seems to be QUality Hotel Paris Orleans. However I was here last year, and they give me a standard room although I booked a superior room... So I'm not sure if I want to come back here with points.
Quote: I guarantee you, every property in Europe is more than $60/night. In many cases much more.

Let's see ... 8000 points/night for a $300/night hotel room ... hmmmm ... well, you do the math.
You mean like the Comfort Inn Hyde Park in London where I stayed in December for 8000 points and the Comfort Inn Bolivar in Rome where I stayed a couple of weeks ago for 10K?

Yep, my Choice motto is becoming, "Earn here, burn there." Especially at 8000 points for around $120 in stays here and 8000 points for a night there (and with in-season redemptions like this, definitely a $300/night proposition).
I've got plenty of CP points but not much status (200k+). Think I'm Gold which means I can book 60 days out.

I'm trying to plan a surprise anniversary trip for my wife of 25 years. Will Choice let a Diamond - who can book 100 days out - book for me? Seems as though there is availability where I'm wanting to go and only a couple of weeks to go to t-100.

Anyone know if a Diamond can book for me using their points?
Quote: I've got plenty of CP points but not much status (200k+). Think I'm Gold which means I can book 60 days out.

I'm trying to plan a surprise anniversary trip for my wife of 25 years. Will Choice let a Diamond - who can book 100 days out - book for me? Seems as though there is availability where I'm wanting to go and only a couple of weeks to go to t-100.

Anyone know if a Diamond can book for me using their points?
As a practical matter, yes; however, the rule -- unenforced as it generally is -- is that points can only be used to book rooms in the name of the account holder's family member (inluding in-laws) or in the name of the member. I've booked lots of rooms for non-family and never had an issue because of the rule that formally states that points can only be used to book rooms for the account holder or a set of family members.