Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
i checked online 24 hours before arrival. did say 0. while checking out, they wanted to charge me regular rate. checked online again at that point, and the 0 was indeed gone.
I guess the hotel 'changed' the reservation back to 'normal' rate. Do you have the e-mail from Choice rate that your claim was approved?

Here's the e-mail:
Thank you for participating in our Best Internet Rate Guarantee program.

This program has been designed to allow you, our valued guest, to receive the best possible online rates at over 5,000 Choice Hotels International properties worldwide. We have located the published rate that was submitted on your claim form and are pleased to let you know that your reservation confirmation number XXXXXX at the Clarion Hotel in XXXXXX, CA for arrival on XXXXXX, 2012 for 1 night, has been changed to reflect a free night for your stay.

Please print a copy of this confirmation letter and bring it with you to the hotel.

Any changes made to the reservation may void this rate.

If you have additional questions, please see our Terms and Conditions page.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to doing so in the future.

Sarah J

Best Internet Rate Guarantee
I guess I'll have to print a copy of this to bring it when I check in to avoid confusion.

I also got a reply from them saying that 'secondary tax are not included in the BRG', so my room will be $1 which is absolutely fine by me.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
I guess the hotel 'changed' the reservation back to 'normal' rate. Do you have the e-mail from Choice rate that your claim was approved?

Here's the e-mail:

I guess I'll have to print a copy of this to bring it when I check in to avoid confusion.

I also got a reply from them saying that 'secondary tax are not included in the BRG', so my room will be $1 which is absolutely fine by me.
fortunately, i did have my email with me. but it was not a nice experience, having the discussion and all. ... i hade my loyalty number added at the hotel, this could also be the reason for the $0 to disappear.... I assume whenever the hotel touches you reservation (adding loyalty number, change to another type of room etc.), then the $0 simply disappears and there is no way for the hotel to bring it back or even look up the claim online.... I would have thought that is not problem once you arrived.... or maybe they just changed the rate on purpose... simply don't know...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't stayed on BRG at Choice hotels, but for IHG's BRG you know your rate when you check-in. I guess when you verified the rate at check-in there should be no issue at check-out.

I guess a call to the HQ CS might have helped?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
had my first free stay.... rate was changed back from $ 0 to the original rate within 24 hours or so of checkin.... was a lot of work and discussions at the front desk to get it fixed again... they did not even know that there is a 1 night free brg out there... disappointing.
I had a similar situation on my last BRG. At first, my rate was changed to $0. The next day, my reservation still showed the rate as $0, but now the subtotal amount was changed back to $84 (the original rate). Also showing was the $14 for tax and an estimated total of $98 due. I called Choice and they told me it was still free, no worries. I'd bet that the hotel will certainly give me issues once I check-in seeing this on the rez. I wish they'd just go in and fix it all back to zero!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
i have a feeling that this brg will not run smoothly...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by allan8458
I'm finding the BRG with Choice Hotel has been very frustrating. I've made 10+ claims and they were all denied. Reason is usually the rate is the same yet there is clearly a price difference with the competing website. I obviously would check the competing website once denied and the lower rate was still there. I've made claims before with other chains so I'm not new to filing BRG claims. Have others had the same experience?
Finally. I few claims went through.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally. I few claims went through.
Are they all US properties? Or are they European properties?

I'm wondering if ANYONE ever got a claim through with an European property.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:14 pm

All US
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All US
Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:52 pm

I managed one in the prague.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by csuxv
I managed one in the prague.
Wow, did you do it recently? The BRG team is very very strict on the currency issue.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Just filed a claim for my first. Hoping it goes through without a problem.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by kipper
Just filed a claim for my first. Hoping it goes through without a problem.
Wow, was that quick!!! Less than 30 minutes to have it approved via email? Far faster than IHG!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Wow, was that quick!!! Less than 30 minutes to have it approved via email? Far faster than IHG!
Mine took 2 days.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:13 pm

Wow, did you do it recently? The BRG team is very very strict on the currency issue.
Submitted claim on the 18th. Approved on the 20th.

Booked in Euros and found some other site in euros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.