Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:41 am

submitted one this morning for Toronto
will report back on how fast they reply

~3pm, Choice replied, BRG honored

Last edited by jerryhung; Apr 20, 2016 at 1:35 pm
Old May 11, 2016, 8:38 pm

Submitted one around 2100 EST for some time in August

Let's hope the other price I saw doesn't go up overnight.

EDIT: missed the part of the T&C where this promo is for single/double occupancy only. Oh well.

Last edited by zhangg; May 12, 2016 at 2:02 pm
Old May 20, 2016, 10:45 am

Going on a weekend trip with a friend. We were each able to get a BRG claim approved for the same hotel (I got the first night, he got the second).

Anyone have any experience doing back-to-back BRG's? Kind of nervous about checking out, and then checking right back in. There's a four hour gap between check in and check out times...so would need them to hold onto our bags in between our "stays".

edit: Update--ended up being fine. No problems. They do charge a $2 hotel fee though, not sure what that's about. I've been very successful with Choice BRG's lately. Got both of my nights in San Fran covered and three nights in New York covered this summer (one per household...have a few friends that I travel with).

Last edited by JeffH1; May 23, 2016 at 7:08 pm Reason: update
Old May 20, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Is Choice Hotels BRG just a joke?
Its been like 48 hours and choice BRG didn't reply back.
Got email confirmation after my submission, yet no reply from Choice.
How do I get in touch with them reg. my claim?
Old May 21, 2016, 2:48 am

You can just remind them about your email or contact them on Facebook. Normally they reply shortly after the 48 hours.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
I am looking at the rates at Quality Inn at DFW. It looks like the hotel has its own website, http://www.qualityinndallasairport.com/, where the rates are somewhat lower than on www.choicehotels.com. I suppose the hotel own website doesn't count as a 3rd party website (or does it?), but during the reservation process I am redirected to www.myeres.com, which is the website of a reservation system provider.

I am also wondering about the logic of having its own website by a hotel that is part of a chain, where lower rates are on offer. Is it a legit website at all?
Old May 28, 2016, 8:44 am

Just approved for the Quality Inn & Suites Boulder Creek. It took approx 30 hours to get a response. Single night stay so entirely free.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:27 pm

Approved for Comfort Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral in August. One night so it's free. I had to book a non refundable rate so was very nervous, but all worked out in the end.

Took 49 hours for the response.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I have been using this BRG program for a couple of years now. Generally, I submit my claim at night, and it is reviewed the next day. I can't remember it ever taking more than 24 hours. However, just in the past month, I have had submissions that have taken up to 3 days to get answered. This is not good, since this gives more time for the lower rate to go up.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:35 am

How do the verify that you are an international customer?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by emkay
How do the verify that you are an international customer?
Your address/Billing address.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:01 am

I stayed at Quality Inn at DFW airport, Irving, last week. The stay was supposed to be free and covered by BRG. I brought the printouts of the reservation and of the email about the BRG approval. When I checked in, the receptionist informed me that he had never heard of this program and I was charged the regular rate for my stay. I left copies of the printouts with him, and he was supposed to show them to the manager. The following morning during check-out I heard from another receptionist that according to the manager, "they just don't do it". Well, I thought it was a Choice-affiliated hotel for a reason?

I contacted Choice via facebook. They advised me to send them a complaint at [email protected], which is what I did but I haven't heard from them yet. Has anyone had a similar experience? I hope my CC will be refunded.

Btw, the room was OK, breakfast plentiful but the hotel is really dated. According to many reviews, the hotel has a cockroach infestation issue and I did see one in the room, as big as two fingers. I come from a colder place than Texas, so I was impressed by what I saw but I can imagine not everyone would be.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by krzysz
I stayed at Quality Inn at DFW airport, Irving, last week. The stay was supposed to be free and covered by BRG. I brought the printouts of the reservation and of the email about the BRG approval. When I checked in, the receptionist informed me that he had never heard of this program and I was charged the regular rate for my stay. I left copies of the printouts with him, and he was supposed to show them to the manager. The following morning during check-out I heard from another receptionist that according to the manager, "they just don't do it". Well, I thought it was a Choice-affiliated hotel for a reason?

I contacted Choice via facebook. They advised me to send them a complaint at [email protected], which is what I did but I haven't heard from them yet. Has anyone had a similar experience? I hope my CC will be refunded.

Btw, the room was OK, breakfast plentiful but the hotel is really dated. According to many reviews, the hotel has a cockroach infestation issue and I did see one in the room, as big as two fingers. I come from a colder place than Texas, so I was impressed by what I saw but I can imagine not everyone would be.
I had a similar issue where the hotel's GM had never heard of the BRG. She called property support and sort it out before I checked-out. They had charged me full price for the room even before I checked-in (it was a BAR), but refunded the money upon check-out.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by krzysz

Calling Choice would have resolved this issue with-in minutes. The BRG team usually adjusts the reservation rate to 0, so for the hotel to charge you; they would have to manually adjust the reservation again.

I don't think "impressive" is what runs through most people minds when they see a large cockroach.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Calling Choice would have resolved this issue with-in minutes. The BRG team usually adjusts the reservation rate to 0, so for the hotel to charge you; they would have to manually adjust the reservation again.
My reservation rate had been adjusted to 0. This is what was shown on the Choice website and also in the email with the reservation reminder I received a few days before the arrival. I showed the print-out of the reminder during check-in but to no avail. My CC had been charged by the hotel by that time.

I emailed a complaint to Choice on Sunday and I am still waiting for their response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.