Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Choice | Choice Privileges
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 7, 13, 8:14 am   #226

Hoffman Estates, Illinois

The Choice Hotels poperty in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, repeatedly undercuts the official website price and thus opens itself up to BRG claims. Has a shuttle bus to O'Hare.
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 13, 11:29 am   #227

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
At least you guys can file a claim.....

I get this when I filed. I guess no BRG for me.....

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

S [redaceted] K[redaceted]
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

M [redaceted] W [redaceted]
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

R[redaceted] C [redaceted]

[deleted]

Last edited by ftnoob; Jan 9, 13 at 4:23 pm.. Reason: ToS re: names; excessive unnecessary mail system error report detail
redreeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 13, 12:14 pm   #228

Programs: *G, ST E+, OW Emerald, Sixt Diamond, Hertz#1 Club Gold, HH Gold, Le Club Plat, IHG Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by redreeper View Post
I get this when I filed. I guess no BRG for me.....
I received the same. If you look into the all email addresses you'll see it only fails to those three, but goes to several other ones.
jms_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 13, 6:04 pm   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms_uk View Post
I received the same. If you look into the all email addresses you'll see it only fails to those three, but goes to several other ones.
You are correct ..... my denial came through
Old Jan 14, 13, 12:53 pm   #230

Programs: aeroplan, aadvantage, skymiles
This program is a total disaster- I'm still waiting on a refund from a BRG in November. Almost bad enough to make me not take advantage of it again
newstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 13, 2:19 pm   #231

Programs: AA Plat, UA Minus1K, still DL Plat for sake of kids, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Quote:
9/29 - Ft. Lauderdale Quality Inn

159.00 hot tub room on Choice site vs. 128.00 on Hotels.com....
In the same spirit, I'm posting my submission from this morning which is still (oops they just now raised the room rate on the competing sites - should have thought of your idea earlier) on the comparison sites:

Sleep Inn Phoenix Airport
1/20/13
$74.99 at priceline.com and booking.com.
$84.99 booked at choicehotels.com (1 queen bed)
Cancellation t & c were / are exactly the same BTW.

Should have posted this earlier. I expect now that they've notified the sites to change their rate, they'll send me a rejection soon. If anyone sees another site with the lower rate still available send me a PM, and I'll try again.
Old Jan 14, 13, 2:45 pm   #232

Programs: AA Plat, UA Minus1K, still DL Plat for sake of kids, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Right on cue, I just got my rejection message from them 30 minutes after they got priceline.com to raise their rate:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in participating in our Best Internet Rate Guarantee program.

The competing website information you submitted is for is not a lower rate than the reservation you made at www.choicehotels.com.
The reservation you have with Choice Hotels International is for an average nightly rate of $84.99 plus tax per night.
The competing website you submitted is for an average nightly rate of $89.99 plus tax per night.

If you find lower rates at this hotel on a competing website for the dates of travel that you reserved at a Choice Hotels International affiliated website, within the 24-hour time frame, please resubmit your claim form and we will be happy to begin processing your request at that time.
If you have additional questions please see our terms & conditions page.
Thank You

xxxxx
Best Internet Rate Guarantee
I asked them if, after my submission, there had been communication from them with the company offering the lower rate since I submitted my claim.
Old Jan 14, 13, 7:24 pm   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizShel View Post
Right on cue, I just got my rejection message from them 30 minutes after they got priceline.com to raise their rate:

I asked them if, after my submission, there had been communication from them with the company offering the lower rate since I submitted my claim.
I just did a BRG (I haven't submitted one in awhile) and the magic just happened to me too. It is magical. Like a magical rate fairy just magically adjusts the rates. I didn't bother with FB shaming, the res. wasn't that important to me.

I have submitted on a Sunday night in the past when Expedia and a couple other sites seem to have an overnight room "clearance" but the rates are only good for like 12 hours. So by the time they do check, it is over. Thats legit.
Old Jan 15, 13, 8:20 am   #234

Quote:
I just did a BRG (I haven't submitted one in awhile) and the magic just happened to me too. It is magical. Like a magical rate fairy just magically adjusts the rates.
Yea it was wild that all the action happened live as I posted yesterday (several hours after submitting the claim). Thought it was still worthwhile providing the live snapshot. Sure it can sometimes be just bad luck on timing, but the magic happens too often for there not to be some shenanigans going on in many of these situations.

As is usually the case with Choice hotels, the property involved isn't as nice as something else I can find a good deal on (albeit not free).
Old Jan 31, 13, 9:57 pm   #235

Programs: Credit Cards
had my first successful BRG stay in washington DC thanks to M

thought it was interesting they snuck in a $1.99 charge on my credit card

after Googling what that charge could have been for, turns out "in room safe - $1.99/night) http://www.campustravel.com/universi..._nyavenue.html

sneaky!
Old Feb 1, 13, 9:42 am   #236

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze, Life Miles, PC Plat A, CC Gold, Hil Gold, Hyatt Silver
has anyone had a claim denied because they made another claim within the 30 day period...
Rusell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 13, 4:52 pm   #237

Programs: Too Many to Count
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
The Choice Hotels poperty in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, repeatedly undercuts the official website price and thus opens itself up to BRG claims. Has a shuttle bus to O'Hare.
On what site have you found this?

Thanks.

EDIT: the question should really be, on what site have you not found this? I used kayak...

Last edited by hiltonlondon2009; Feb 9, 13 at 8:48 am..
hiltonlondon2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 13, 9:00 pm   #238

Programs: UA 1K/UC/MM, AA EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms_uk View Post

What did Choice say about that?
Just to follow up: Choice Guest Relations has been great; a variety of agents have assisted me, first in trying to get the hotel to honor the original reservation, then making a new reservation at a nearby hotel, and refunding the cost of the new reservation. I cannot give enough s to them for their handling of the matter.
rob_flies_ua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 13, 12:02 pm   #239

They have a new (to me) tactic for rejecting claims, just got this gem of a response:

Choice BRG
Quote:
Please be advised that our current rate is less than the rate you found at the competing website. By default, your reservation should have been at the current rate offered on www.choicehotels.com.

We have adjusted your reservation to reflect that rate. Your rate is $61.99 plus tax, per night. If you find a lower rate within the 24-hours of making your original reservation, please resubmit.
So, they just let the hotel know that the rate they are offering at choicehotels.com is higher than (in this case) many competing websites and ask them if they want to just lower their rate so they don't have to give me a free room. It doesn't matter if you find a lower rate anywhere I guess if the hotel wants to retroactively match the competing rate!

rob_flies_ua
Quote:
Just to follow up: Choice Guest Relations has been great; a variety of agents have assisted me, first in trying to get the hotel to honor the original reservation, then making a new reservation at a nearby hotel, and refunding the cost of the new reservation. I cannot give enough s to them for their handling of the matter.
Do you think there's any chance they'll help me with the above scenario? What's their phone number?
Old Feb 27, 13, 7:52 am   #240

Here's their ridiculous second response:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in participating in our Best Internet Rate Guarantee program.

As our current rate is less than the rate you found at the competing website your reservation is adjusted to the current rate at www.choicehotels.com. Your rate is $61.99 plus tax, per night. If you find a lower rate within the 24-hours of making your original reservation, please resubmit.

Thank You

Mike xxxx
Best Internet Rate Guarantee
This totally guts the best rate guarantee as long as they let the hotel lower their rate on their own website after a customer submits a claim.

Of course their initial response was also more than 24 hours after I submitted my claim so its impossible to keep chasing after lower and lower rates as they ask me to do.