Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Has anyone earned points through Big Fish?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

Hi all,

New to Choice and curious about the shopping mall. One of the offers is Big Fish, which sells on-line games for as cheap as $2.99. It offers 1,500 points for new customers, specifically,

"Details

Shop online at Big Fish Games and earn 1500 Choice Privileges points for each qualifying new customer sign up through the Choice Privileges Rewards mall."

Has anyone taken advantage of the offer? Do you just have to buy one game to get the points or is there some sort of recurring charge?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I've not taken advantage of it through Choice, but through Priority Club. There was not a recurring charge involved. Just purchase the game you want, and that's that.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by kipper
I've not taken advantage of it through Choice, but through Priority Club. There was not a recurring charge involved. Just purchase the game you want, and that's that.
Awesome, you da man! Well, woman, anyway.

Mike
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Awesome, you da man! Well, woman, anyway.

Mike
Glad to help. I've used Big Fish Games to buy a few different games and have not had a problem. For one game, I was never able to get it to load properly, and within a few days, they'd given me a credit to use on a different game.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Anyone had any luck signing up for BFG again after previously signing up through another shopping portal?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Anyone had any luck signing up for BFG again after previously signing up through another shopping portal?
No, but I've had luck with simply signing in like usual and earning the points anyway.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Meaning you did this more than once and earned multiple 1500 pts?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Meaning you did this more than once and earned multiple 1500 pts?
No. Meaning that I'd been a member, and then, when I realized they had a link through a shopping portal (not Choice), I clicked through that to make a purchase. I've received points once. Most say, "New members only," but my experience has been that if you click through the link, even if you aren't a new member, they'll give you the points, at least once.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I don't know if I'm blind, but I can't see a shopping portal on the Choice website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am 2200 points short of the 5000 I need to transfer these orphaned miles to US Air for the Grand Slam promo and this would be a big help.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Cool

Is this still on? Can one make multiple purchases within the promo? And I'd welcome the answer to margarita girl's question, too. I don't play the games, but at $3 a pop for 1500 pts. ...or is this shining too bright a light on a deal as good as this for this forum? (Possibly the reason the answer to her question isn't on the board?)

But my questions are serious. Thank you. [Insert serious smiley here. Oh, there's one down there.]
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I found the link thanks to the help of another FTer. You have to sign in to the Choice website, then click on Choice Privileges (top right of page). Scroll down the page and you will see Earn Points and Shop our Online Mall. I made a Big Fish purchase on Sept 24, and the 1500 bonus miles have still not posted to my Choice account.

Does anyone have any experience with how long it will take for the points to post?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I found the link thanks to the help of another FTer. You have to sign in to the Choice website, then click on Choice Privileges (top right of page). Scroll down the page and you will see Earn Points and Shop our Online Mall. I made a Big Fish purchase on Sept 24, and the 1500 bonus miles have still not posted to my Choice account.

Does anyone have any experience with how long it will take for the points to post?
I bought a game on Sept 16, still no points in my account.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl

"Please allow up to 8 weeks from the date of product shipment for points to be posted to your account. "
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:44 pm

Are there still any Big Fish ongoing promotions- whether it's through Choice Hotels or any other program?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.