Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Does Choice Tabulate Stays by Check -IN Date?

Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

It's an important point when booking a stay for Dec. 31, or Nov. 14 (the last day of US Airways' Grand Slam promotion). Will a Nov. 14-15 stay register as November 14, or November 15?

Thanks......
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore
It's an important point when booking a stay for Dec. 31, or Nov. 14 (the last day of US Airways' Grand Slam promotion). Will a Nov. 14-15 stay register as November 14, or November 15?
The answer is "it depends", so why are you asking about Dec 31?

On the Choice webiste, they list both the check-in and check-out date. So it's not as simple as that. For one use they could use one way, another use they could use it another way!

All I can tell you with respect to airlines is that for one-night stays, on Southwest's site it posts the check-in date in the description, but with the posting date (neither check-in nor check-out date) as the attributable date!

So if this is the way it posts at US, unless they take the time to manually read the descriptions, I don't see how it will count toward Grand Slam unless your stay is early enough in November to post by Nov 14!

I have no clue how it actually works at US, because I don't collect US miles. But I do see this language in the Grand Slam T&Cs:
Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the qualifying partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. Therefore hits will be posted based on true activity date and not the date the partner posts the transaction to the US Airways system. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates. Most qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates based on completion of the required activity (for example, delivery of the item purchased, return of car rental, hotel check-out, cruise completion, etc.). You should check with the applicable qualifying partner to confirm its policies and procedures for recording Eligible Activity Dates.
Well, Choice "records the mileage transaction" many days after the stay! So if that's what they're basing it on, a check-in on the 12th and check-out on the 13th wouldn't likely even work!

While I don't particpate in US and thus not in Grand Slam, I've participated in various other programs' collect-the-partners promos, and personally I would never let it get that close to the wire on getting a hit from a hotel partner, when this is how the Grand Slam T&Cs are written.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The answer is "it depends", so why are you asking about Dec 31?

On the Choice webiste, they list both the check-in and check-out date. So it's not as simple as that. For one use they could use one way, another use they could use it another way!

All I can tell you with respect to airlines is that for one-night stays, on Southwest's site it posts the check-in date in the description, but with the posting date (neither check-in nor check-out date) as the attributable date!

So if this is the way it posts at US, unless they take the time to manually read the descriptions, I don't see how it will count toward Grand Slam unless your stay is early enough in November to post by Nov 14!

I have no clue how it actually works at US, because I don't collect US miles. But I do see this language in the Grand Slam T&Cs:
Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the qualifying partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. Therefore hits will be posted based on true activity date and not the date the partner posts the transaction to the US Airways system. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates. Most qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates based on completion of the required activity (for example, delivery of the item purchased, return of car rental, hotel check-out, cruise completion, etc.). You should check with the applicable qualifying partner to confirm its policies and procedures for recording Eligible Activity Dates.
Well, Choice "records the mileage transaction" many days after the stay! So if that's what they're basing it on, a check-in on the 12th and check-out on the 13th wouldn't likely even work!

While I don't particpate in US and thus not in Grand Slam, I've participated in various other programs' collect-the-partners promos, and personally I would never let it get that close to the wire on getting a hit from a hotel partner, when this is how the Grand Slam T&Cs are written.
GS records the activity date, not the posting date. It will be either the check-in or check-out date. On another forum, someone said that Choice tracks stays by check-in date, but I would like additional data points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.