Question about ChoicePrivileges MasterCard

Subscribe
I'm currently not signed up for choice privileges but I'm planning on applying for their mastercard. Do I have to sign up for one of them before the other or does it matter?
Quote: I'm currently not signed up for choice privileges but I'm planning on applying for their mastercard. Do I have to sign up for one of them before the other or does it matter?
From what I've seen done with other CCs, if you don't have an account they will open one for you. Even heard of some opening a new account even though an existing account was provided.

No harm in opening your CP account now. They will give you the number right away so you can enter it in the application for the CC. No need to wait for membership mailing.
Isn't it a Visa card?

Mine is, anyhow.

OTOH, for a certain subset of the population, any credit card is a 'mastercard', like in the Southern US, all soft drinks are 'cokes' ("...and what kind of coke did you want, hon?")
Quote: Isn't it a Visa card?

Mine is, anyhow.

OTOH, for a certain subset of the population, any credit card is a 'mastercard', like in the Southern US, all soft drinks are 'cokes' ("...and what kind of coke did you want, hon?")
Visa in USA. Mastercard in Canada. http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic.../cn/mastercard
Quote: From what I've seen done with other CCs, if you don't have an account they will open one for you. Even heard of some opening a new account even though an existing account was provided.

No harm in opening your CP account now. They will give you the number right away so you can enter it in the application for the CC. No need to wait for membership mailing.
Thanks for the info.
Please hold off on applying if haven't already. The GM at the property that I am at today said that they are upping the bonus to 24,000 point sign up bonus in a couple of weeks when they roll out the new promo.
If you are in the U.S., you can get 24,000 Choice points and 8,000 points after your first stay with this credit card offer now:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...req=CCVVS27024
You also get gold status with your card.

Also, if you have not yet joined, you and the person who refers you can earn 500 points each if they refer you and you join and have a stay.

If you don't already have a friend or family member who belongs to Choice, then I will be happy to refer you. Just send me a Private Message.
Anyone here with experience with the MBNA Choice Privileges Mastercard in Canada?

Terms indicate 5 points / $ spent at Choice Hotels properties (and 2 points everywhere else). However, I have been finding that I am only awarded 4 points / $ at Choice properties. 2 points are awarded on the MBNA card statement and appear on the Choice points account as credit card spending, while the other 2 points appear as a 'bonus' in the Choice points account.

Tried to call MBNA; they feign ignorance; told me that Choice awards the 'bonus' points. Choice directs me back to MBNA.

I've had the card since 2011 and its always been this way. Was insignificant initially so I didn't care, but I've been spending a lot more at Choice properties recently (>100 nights YTD 2012) and its adding up.
Is there any Choice Credit Card for Europeans? Eypecially German and/or Swiss Residents? Could'nt find any Info..
Quote: Anyone here with experience with the MBNA Choice Privileges Mastercard in Canada?

Terms indicate 5 points / $ spent at Choice Hotels properties (and 2 points everywhere else). However, I have been finding that I am only awarded 4 points / $ at Choice properties. 2 points are awarded on the MBNA card statement and appear on the Choice points account as credit card spending, while the other 2 points appear as a 'bonus' in the Choice points account.

Tried to call MBNA; they feign ignorance; told me that Choice awards the 'bonus' points. Choice directs me back to MBNA.

I've had the card since 2011 and its always been this way. Was insignificant initially so I didn't care, but I've been spending a lot more at Choice properties recently (>100 nights YTD 2012) and its adding up.
While I'm not in Canada and don't have this card...if MBNA has the 5 points / $ at Choice hotels in their terms, it shouldn't matter who is supposed to provide those points, MBNA advertised it and agreed to it with you, so they need to fix it. Their agreement with Choice is their problem, not yours. MBNA does have at the bottom of the terms "The Toronto-Dominion Bank has no responsibility or liability for this promotion or any aspect of the Choice Privileges rewards program." and they may say that absolves them of the awarding of points, but I would argue that a) it only applies to the initial bonus and b) even if it applies to the bonus points, they can't escape it that way since they are still advertising it.

If all else fails, pass this along to their regulators.