Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

How long is 72 hours in Choice time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club

I used the Choice Privileges website to report a missing stay. I received the following reply 108 hours ago.

Thank you for contacting Choice Hotels International.
Your request will be researched, and you will receive a response from us within 72 hours.

What next?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Presumming you've checked your account and the stay still hasn't been posted, I'd say a call is in order.

You might also want to check your account to see if there was a mis-posting by another property. I've had properties post a stay with a wrong date and I was denied credit for a valid stay on that date. I had to point out that property A's stay was posted a day late and I should get credit for both stays.

Good luck.

ps: Any guess it will take them 72 hours to figure out why they missed the 72 hours?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I got my response.

After receiving your request for credit, I researched the stay in question and found that it was made at a discounted rate that didn't qualify to earn Choice Privileges points. If you are unsure if a rate qualifies for points, always be sure to check the list of eligible rates included in our program rules:

From my confirmation email:

PPKFLY Rate - This rate is eligible for Choice Privileges® points.

I replied with that information and expect it will take another 4 days for my second refusal at which point I will call someone and try to be nice.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

4 days later, the points posted. Later in the day, an email arrived. No apology for getting it wrong, just thanks for being a guest.

It wasn't really about the points, but I need every night I can muster this year.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Choice is not my most favorite, in fact I refer to them as my LAST Choice. I guess they work on business hours and not 24-hour days... Glad to hear they did finally get it right. I find their program has no teeth and you are on your own if a property denies benefits.

I had a property not post my points, when contacting CP was told to contact the property. They first said they have seven days to post, then after seven days I was told they have a month... Points posted before the 30-days were up. And heaven forbid the property posts the wrong date and you happen to have a stay on that date.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
4 days later, the points posted. Later in the day, an email arrived. No apology for getting it wrong, just thanks for being a guest.

It wasn't really about the points, but I need every night I can muster this year.
There is no need for you to be upset since you are not alone. Many people have ever received such Choice treatment. The points and posted dates always don’t turn out as they informed. Quite troublesome and annoying. What if I don’t check and know nothing about the delay? They don’t seem to consider about this possibility. Annoying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.